Sponsored

joetimmons

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL
Would be curious about the accuracy and-or explanation of this post from Google Maps?

(Arnott being Accuairs parent co.)

Jeep Wrangler JL AccuAir Off-Road | JL Wrangler Forums Intro Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 10.40.16 PM
Sponsored

Zeller

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 4xE
hello,

quick question around durability of the system ? any experiences yet ?

I'm asking, because I'm thinking to get that installed on my JLU 4xE here in Germany, where you have to go quite some scrutiny to get that approved before you can take that on the road

thanks

Noaharkmd

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne S, Lincoln Navigator
I have seen a lot about how much it changes height but how does it change the day to day ride quality? Does it make it more like a land rover with a plush ride? How does it change steering feel?

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen a lot about how much it changes height but how does it change the day to day ride quality? Does it make it more like a land rover with a plush ride? How does it change steering feel?
No, it does not. It does ride pretty great, but it still feels like a Jeep with a 3.5ish inch short arm lift and normal shocks on it. At the lower position 1 ride height, it has a firmer steering but slightly softer ride to it, which makes sense as the air springs have less pressure in them.

I went from a Mopar lift to this, and it seems to be a bit of an improvement in harshness overall to me and my wife, though the Mopar was pretty nice anyway. The rear seems a little more harsh now over large drops - speed bumps and really crappy road seams - but better in whoops and slower transition areas.

It does seem to have some serious travel overall, with pretty solid flex on the trails and rocks, but it isn't quite like a Rock Krawler, Teraflex or Metalcloak top-tier kit best I can tell. But then, they dont bump up to 5+ inches of lift when needed, and then drop to a less than 2 inch lift for highway driving, or any of those great capabilities.

SmokinV10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, Tesla Plaid, McLaren 720s, R8, Ram 1500
What about the drag link and a centered steering wheel? Seems that your steering wheel will NEVER be centered with this type of setup.

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
Well, we set it centered at the #2 ride height, and it stays centered there at all times when using that setting, which is 90% of the time. At the lower position it moves a few degrees, barely perceptible when driving, and at higher settings it is off in the other direction by a few degrees. Not really all that noticeable unless you go to max height, which you aren't using all that much. Not really an issue at all.
Sponsored