First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I just checked the EPA site and there still is nothing for the diesel.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...2020&make=Jeep&baseModel=Wrangler&srchtyp=ymm

Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but there is nothing fast about the government updating their web pages either. We will see if they go into production. I am pretty sure I am in the first 100 to 200 that has ordered one. VIN ending in 195012...I am not getting my hopes up though!

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I think the engine was certified 10/7, same as Ram EcoDiesel. But probably still testing/finalizing fuel economy. Id also guess that’s why they started taking orders. Engine is coming either way, just need to figure out what numbers to put on the window sticker. It’ll happen soon.

also my vin is 194908.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I think the engine was certified 10/7, same as Ram EcoDiesel. But probably still testing/finalizing fuel economy. Id also guess that’s why they started taking orders. Engine is coming either way, just need to figure out what numbers to put on the window sticker. It’ll happen soon.

also my vin is 194908.
Precisely...emissions testing is long over, including by CARB. This is and always has been a fuel economy delay and those numbers wind up in the media the day they’re finalized for any reasonably anticipated new drivetrain. They continue to be MIA with no sign of release timeframe other than the woefully inaccurate 11/25 guess on FCAs part...and who knows if that was FCA’s wishful thinking or a date from EPA. Either way, we all know it doesn’t take 2+ months to run a fuel economy test, regardless of the backlog in Ann Arbor.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind sharing two more digits? I'm trying to find the OEM spring numbers for a 3.0 Rubicon, and need to have the last 8 of a VIN.
They should all be the same LW since those two positions of the VIN designate the assembly plant and model year.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Precisely...emissions testing is long over, including by CARB. This is and always has been a fuel economy delay and those numbers wind up in the media the day they’re finalized for any reasonably anticipated new drivetrain. They continue to be MIA with no sign of release timeframe other than the woefully inaccurate 11/25 guess on FCAs part...and who knows if that was FCA’s wishful thinking or a date from EPA. Either way, we all know it doesn’t take 2+ months to run a fuel economy test, regardless of the backlog in Ann Arbor.
Well, let's hope it is announced before December 20th. I work for a government agency and we are preparing for another shutdown...if that happens will only further the delay of the EPA Fuel Mileage numbers.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, let's hope it is announced before December 20th. I work for a government agency and we are preparing for another shutdown...if that happens will only further the delay of the EPA Fuel Mileage numbers.
LOL...if we make it to then without mpg numbers from EPA, I’ll have everyone with a 3.0 order waving libertarian pitchforks for sure!
Sponsored