ACCORDING TO JEEP CARES....NO NACHO

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Can't tell if this is an April Fools joke or not. Suspect Mojito, the color Mopar themselves chose for the November reveal, is next on the chopping block. Also guess Hella Yella will arrive sometime in 2025.
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Can't tell if this is an April Fools joke or not. Suspect Mojito, the color Mopar themselves chose for the November reveal, is next on the chopping block. Also guess Hella Yella will arrive sometime in 2025.
Bumpkis! I've seen a couple of Nacho Sahara's already at the dealership.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Maybe Jeep Cares just polished off their Taco Bell lunch, and were simply informing you that their nachos had already been consumed?

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
It’s a delayed launch.... they’re delivering Hella Yella and will change the color with an OTA update if you have the 8.4.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
So to clarify, Jeep Cares said that Nacho was replaced with Hella Yella. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hello-from-jeepcares.3575/page-34#post-116717

But yes, there are Nacho painted Jeeps on dealership lots, but we can't and won't be able to order one. There is no manual transmission Nacho jeep anywhere in the U.S. as far as I can tell. Not a single Rubicon in the U.S either.

People like me have been waiting to order this color... this is beyond frustrating... especially since THEY'VE BEEN MAKING JEEPS PAINTED THIS COLOR. :mad: Why haven't we been able to order?

Apparently it was available to order in Canada for a while, why not the U.S.? https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hello-from-jeepcares.3575/page-35#post-117569

And if anyone cares why I want Nacho. :( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tions-packages-features.1261/page-5#post-7199

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
Also, I think the Hella Yella/Mojito talk is just paranoia/frustration from people. Jeep has done late availability colors while I've been paying attention. Most likely they'll carry over to next year as well...

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Also, I think the Hella Yella/Mojito talk is just paranoia/frustration from people. Jeep has done late availability colors while I've been paying attention. Most likely they'll carry over to next year as well...
Short of luxury brands, virtually no other vehicle model in the U.S. has historically been offered with a larger array of paint colors than the Wrangler. It might just take a while for all these colors to show up. Folks should be thankful we aren't stuck with 50 shades of grey like most vehicles.

Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Agreed. Regardless of Nacho's fate, I don't believe Mojito! or HellaYella is in danger. Both of those colors seem to get regular confirmations from official Jeep people.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. My guess is that these "late availability" colors keep getting pushed back because Jeep can't keep up on production in general, and something had to be cut because the lines will move to 2019 this Summer... And Nacho was probably at the bottom of the list as far as projections and research and so forth.

Plus it's the third in that similar color spectrum (punk'n, Hella, Nacho).

Just a guess, obviously. But a rational one, I think.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
I am disappointed as well. I just can't understand why they would cancel a color that they are already producing? Whats the difference how many people order that color?

I wish Jeep would allow custom colors like BMW does.

OP
OP
Holymoly1963

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Every Nacho-related thread I've seen has the information already, was my point.
You are correct.... thought there might be a wider audience for this latest corporate move however. No offense intended macintux.
Sponsored