Accidental audio improvement with dash speakers and Alpine system

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Just replaced my corner dash speakers with the infinities- only took 1.5 Jack & cokes, a right angle philips #2, a trim popper, and a Dremel - sounds fantastic!
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Just replaced my corner dash speakers with the infinities- only took 1.5 Jack & cokes, a right angle philips #2, a trim popper, and a Dremel - sounds fantastic!
Was this replacing Alpines, and would you definitely say the sound is significantly improved, enough to justify the cost? I'm still on the fence, even after reading this entire thread.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I would be curious to know whether or not everyone is installing the included capacitors with the new speakers.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Was this replacing Alpines, and would you definitely say the sound is significantly improved, enough to justify the cost? I'm still on the fence, even after reading this entire thread.
Yeah, replacing the alpines. Significantly improved, well worth the price.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
I would be curious to know whether or not everyone is installing the included capacitors with the new speakers.
I did not use the big capacitors included with the speakers. There were some smaller ones already soldered on to the speakers, I left those in place.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not use the big capacitors included with the speakers. There were some smaller ones already soldered on to the speakers, I left those in place.
I was referring to the big capacitors.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The capacitors supplied cause a "pop-pop", when you shut down your Jeep, so I took them out after going to the trouble of soldering them in.

The improvement is great, especially in open top situations, where you pretty much could not even hear the Alpine factory units.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I was referring to the big capacitors.
If you read through the thread you will see that installing the large capacitor introduces a Electrical popping noise Through the speakers every time you shut off or turn on the vehicle e

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you read through the thread you will see that installing the large capacitor introduces a Electrical popping noise Through the speakers every time you shut off or turn on the vehicle e
Not everyone that installs the large capacitors experiences the electrical popping. It looks like two of you did when I searched the thread for the term "pop", so I was interested in knowing if others had the issue or did not have the issue. Maybe it's just an issue with the Alpine system, they do not cause popping on my non-Alpine system.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
The capacitors supplied cause a "pop-pop", when you shut down your Jeep, so I took them out after going to the trouble of soldering them in.

The improvement is great, especially in open top situations, where you pretty much could not even hear the Alpine factory units.
Definitely agree with the improvement in open top situations.

Replaced the sound bar's also and noticed an additional improvement over just the front dash.

I used the Infinity 3022's the discontinued previous version of the 32s. Found them for $42 a pair on Amazon.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
So what is the consensus between these two below? Both specs are 75W. I’ve always been a fan of Infinity speakers for outdoor use and own 3 pairs, but never tried them in the car. Also read good things about JL C2’s as well. These dash speaker pods (link below) are coming out soon. I believe they might be a big improvement based on direction alone. They will fit the C2’s. Just curious if anyone has tried the C2’s as well?

https://tlcautotruck.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-dash-speaker-pods/

JL Audio C2-350x 3.5-Inch 2 Way Speakers 75W

Or

Infinity REF3022CFX 3.5" 75W

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So what is the consensus between these two below? Both specs are 75W. I’ve always been a fan of Infinity speakers for outdoor use and own 3 pairs, but never tried them in the car. Also read good things about JL C2’s as well. These dash speaker pods (link below) are coming out soon. I believe they might be a big improvement based on direction alone. They will fit the C2’s. Just curious if anyone has tried the C2’s as well?

https://tlcautotruck.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-dash-speaker-pods/

JL Audio C2-350x 3.5-Inch 2 Way Speakers 75W

Or

Infinity REF3022CFX 3.5" 75W
You could buy that dash adapter and put the Infinity speakers in it.
The Infinity speakers are $70. I wonder how the sound will balance going from OEM mid-range to a two way?

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It does, though you wouldn't know to look at those speakers.
I just replied to another in this thread, I guess going from mid-range to two way would be different. I was thinking of changing mine and like Infinity.
I would likely change the roll bar tweeters to maintain balance.
Sponsored