Sponsored

Accidental audio improvement with dash speakers and Alpine system

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Mine came with the capacitor already installed. Curious if yours did as well? That at be the difference between 3032s and the older 3022s.
Curious as well.

Perhaps yours were soldered on by the previous owner since you purchased them open box?
Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I haven’t received mine yet so I don’t know. Schedule to arrive next week :D

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
WARNING: Do not install the larger capacitor taped to the packaging. We did, thought we did the "right thing", and now we get "pop-pop" from the front speakers every time a door closes. Went back to the standard connection and blessed silence.

We are getting ready to do the SoundBar matching speaker and will not even consider splicing that thing in.

Yes, there is a tiny capacitor already soldered between the midrange and tweeter drivers on this coaxial speaker. I suspect that is what you are seeing. The one in the packaging is about an inch and a half long.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are getting ready to do the SoundBar matching speaker and will not even consider splicing that thing in.
Which speaker and adapter will you be using?

Is it the 3032 also?

Thanks

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Update: The terminals on the Infinity speakers are too large to fit in the opening in the soundbar, which is cut quite close.
Will have to cut away some plastic to make them fit.

Hey, got my head together, and you can fit them in there without cutting, just not aligned to the screw holes.

So I drilled two new holes, and got some "wood threaded", not machine screws, and forced 'em in there.
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG

Now I can shop for 4" woofers with the standard mounting hole pattern. 3 holed woofers simply do not exist.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: The terminals on the Infinity speakers are too large to fit in the opening in the soundbar, which is cut quite close.
Will have to cut away some plastic to make them fit.

Hey, got my head together, and you can fit them in there without cutting, just not aligned to the screw holes.

So I drilled two new holes, and got some "wood threaded", not machine screws, and forced 'em in there.
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG

Now I can shop for 4" woofers with the standard mounting hole pattern. 3 holed woofers simply do not exist.
Are those the 3032s also? Which speaker adapter do they use?

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Infinity 3022cfx, uses the same adapter as the dash speakers.

Now, to change the 4" woofers will need a different adapter. Not sure which one that will be.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
After reading the thread again I think I have it now...3.5" in dash corners and sound bar. 4" in knee and sound bar.

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
After reading the thread again I think I have it now...3.5" in dash corners and sound bar. 4" in knee and sound bar.
Thanks for reading. You are correct. The 4" uses a different connector than the 3.5. The 2 pins are further apart. Have not yet found the part number for the 4" metra connection.

Sponsored

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Infinity 3022cfx, uses the same adapter as the dash speakers.

Now, to change the 4" woofers will need a different adapter. Not sure which one that will be.
I'm very interested to see what you come up with the 4" in the bar. Now way in hell I'm messing with the knee speakers though, way too involved!

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Curious as well.

Perhaps yours were soldered on by the previous owner since you purchased them open box?
I don’t think they were done by anyone. They were to perfectly done. I believe they were definitely factory installed.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
So you need four 3.5” and four 4” to complete every speaker but the sub, correct? Has anyone used JL Audio 3.5 and 4” yet? Had them in my JK. Liked the sound. Have Infinity’s in my TJ. Like JL better. See any reason for using the Infinity over the JL Audio except JL are more expensive?

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just grabbed 2 pair of the 3022's on Amazon for $58.39 ea. Pair.
Hopefully you purchased the adapters also.

I do not believe they are included when you buy from Amazon only Crutchfield includes them with purchase.

I think they sell them for $10 at Crutchfield but then you have to pay for the shipping. I haven’t seen the adapters on Amazon.

I think that’s why the 32’s even though they are priced at $90 turns out to be a better deal than trying to piece it together separately.
Sponsored