Sponsored

Accidental audio improvement with dash speakers and Alpine system

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Has anyone tackled the sound bar speakers yet? What did you use?
Sponsored

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Reread my post from the prior page, in which I pulled both drivers, discovering the same cheap quality "tweeter" in the soundbar as on the dash.

I used Infinity 3022cfx. I did put in the capacitors and a small amount of polyfil seemed to help as well. I tried it with and without both.

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Reread my post from the prior page, in which I pulled both drivers, discovering the same cheap quality "tweeter" in the soundbar as on the dash.

I used Infinity 3022cfx. I did put in the capacitors and a small amount of polyfil seemed to help as well. I tried it with and without both.
I didn't wire in the capacitors on mine as I didn't feel like dragging out the soldering iron when I did mine. Would you say there is a difference with the capacitors installed? Have you replaced the woofer in the soundbar yet?

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Very first post of the thread covers this, they come with the adapters if buying from Crutchfield
Thanks.

I am aware they were covered in the first post but I presented in this thread last year's discontinued model (3022) and was curious if those were the ones chosen since they appear to be the same speaker spec wise but cheaper.

Thanks for the info regarding the adapters only being included with crutchfield. Do you know the adapter number?

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Thanks.

I am aware they were covered in the first post but I presented in this thread last year's discontinued model (3022) and was curious if those were the ones chosen since they appear to be the same speaker spec wise but cheaper.

Thanks for the info regarding the adapters only being included with crutchfield. Do you know the adapter number?
Ahh, my bad, didn't see you were referencing the 3022s. Not sure on the 3022, I did see those on Amazon cheaper and know the adapters were offered as a "suggested item" for I think $8 a piece on Amazon.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
It strikes me as odd to need to upgrade the speakers on the Alpine option, which itself is a $1300 factory option, or $1600 if ordered as part of the 8.4 screen.

I have a really good 5ch amp and would love to use it, but I want the larger screen.

Can you just option the 8.4 screen and bypass the Alpine upgrade and add better speakers, sub, and amp?

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Yeah, I cheaped out and hit ebay for leftover 3022's. The adapter you listed above is correct, 72-7902. Hard to say the difference was dramatic for the capacitors, and soldering them inline to a wire sucked.

I did feel a good difference with the small amount of pillow stuffing put in the hole, kind of like making a bird's nest out of it.

I will not use caps in the soundbar, as it's hard to imagine they did not work out some sort of crossover in the soundbar.
I researched removing the knee panels, and that just seems like too much has to come off to make it worth it.
This Jeep literally had no treble before, at least with the top off. Seems like Alpine installed 3.5" midrange drivers and called it a day.

I hope Jeep did not realize similar savings in the drivetrain, as they did in the "premium sound" option.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
@DogsOnTheRun

Thanks for the info and confirmation of the adapter.

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Yeah, I cheaped out and hit ebay for leftover 3022's. The adapter you listed above is correct, 72-7902. Hard to say the difference was dramatic for the capacitors, and soldering them inline to a wire sucked.

I did feel a good difference with the small amount of pillow stuffing put in the hole, kind of like making a bird's nest out of it.

I will not use caps in the soundbar, as it's hard to imagine they did not work out some sort of crossover in the soundbar.
I researched removing the knee panels, and that just seems like too much has to come off to make it worth it.
This Jeep literally had no treble before, at least with the top off. Seems like Alpine installed 3.5" midrange drivers and called it a day.

I hope Jeep did not realize similar savings in the drivetrain, as they did in the "premium sound" option.
I'm with you on the crossover, I would really hope the premium alpine system at least has crossovers with the amp....

Sponsored

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
-groans- ARE THOSE THE SPEAKERS THAT COME WITH THE ALPINE UPGRADE?! Holy shit those look cheap lol.
Did I capture the label that says "Made in Viet Nam"? Known for their quality HiFi products, obviously.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had a popping noise, I thought was coming from the front dash speakers, but as I found out, it's the knee speakers. The good news is the speakers I bought drive a much cleaner high and add even an extra mid-bass allowing me to keep the volume down while getting cleaner "in your face" sound.

These were used in the Alpine 9 speaker system with 8.4" touchscreen, but I am guessing most dash speakers are the same size.

I purchased the Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers which I mention because all links die eventually, but at the time this was posted the link is:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html?omnews=15593

It required trimming a tiny amount off the very ends of the mounts (it looks like it would fit three possible applications).

mHDdNV9.jpg

PnfMDVl.jpg

Had I known how much better these improved the front sound, I would have done this anyway, so that worked out :) I've had two audio shops tell me speaker upgrades wouldn't do me any good. Now I'm questioning that.
I just bought a set from Crutchfield as well. They had a set of open box which saved $17.00 plus free adaptors which is another savings of 10.00. There customer service was great. Can’t wait to get them now. Thanks for the info.

Edit
Mine came with the capacitors already soldered on. What a great difference. Much cleaner and higher trebles. You do have to bend the speaker mount or cut it a bit. I also added poly fill.

Last edited:

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Just order a set of 3032 as well from crutchfield! Only replacing the front dashbspeakers on my alpine speakers for now. Still contemplating if I will install the base blocker or not? :/

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just order a set of 3032 as well from crutchfield! Only replacing the front dashbspeakers on my alpine speakers for now. Still contemplating if I will install the base blocker or not? :/
Mine came with the capacitor already installed. Curious if yours did as well? That at be the difference between 3032s and the older 3022s.
Sponsored