First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
You could buy that dash adapter and put the Infinity speakers in it.
The Infinity speakers are $70. I wonder how the sound will balance going from OEM mid-range to a two way?
Were you able to fit the c2350’s in the dash?
Sponsored

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Thanks for your work and offer to reopen... No need. But a few questions as looking to replace my 3.5 in sound bar.. Crutchfield said will not fit my JLR with Alpine Premo system.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136C2350X/JL-Audio-C2-350x.html

I did put some Infinity 3032cfx in the dash and worked great. Did not add the base capacitor either.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html?tp=96&l=A

So what do you think... C2-350 or 3032cfx and follow your suggestion.
I added an aftermarket amp and subwoofer (huge improvement over the Alpine sub which I thought was pretty useless). Given that is the case do folks that did the install feel the JL C2 vs the same 3032 is way to go for the soundbar? I'm not planning on replacing the 4" larger speakers as I think you need to have a a sep amp to really get a significant improvement and power proper 6.5" speakers and I'm not prepared to do that next step.
@RSK I know after the fact you add a sub, you still feel the dash/soundbar speaker mix was the way to go bearing in mind we are probably splitting hairs here for sound on a loud Jeep.

Last edited:

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Infinity reference speakers are known to be somewhat bright.
I tried the Infinity REF-3032cfx as a dash tweeter in my JT (with the 8.4 Alpine upgrade) and returned them to Crutchfield. At low speeds I thought they sounded bright but still a big improvement. At highway speeds with wind noise, the treble reflecting off the windshield made them IMO unbearable. After reading that some had a better experience after burn-in, I’m wondering if I should have waited longer for the sound to settle in - in total I’d say I had them playing for maybe 10-15 hours total. I’m about to try this again but this time with JL Audio C2-350x and hoping I’ll have a better experience.

Last edited:

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I tried the Infinity REF-3032cfx as a dash tweeter in my JT (with the 8.4 Alpine upgrade) and returned them to Crutchfield. At low speeds I thought they sounded bright but still a big improvement. At highway speeds with wind noise, the treble reflecting off the windshield made them IMO unbearable. After reading that some had a better experience after burn-in, I’m wondering if I should have waited longer for the sound to settle in - in total I’d say I had them playing for maybe 10-15 hours total. I’m about to try this again but this time with JL Audio C2-350x and hoping I’ll have a better experience.
That sounds like how my 3032s sounded until I realized the adapters had them wired with reverse polarity - out of phase. They sounded much better after I switched the wires around.

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
That sounds like how my 3032s sounded until I realized the adapters had them wired with reverse polarity - out of phase. They sounded much better after I switched the wires around.
I'll test polarity the next time I do a speaker replacement. However, I thought they sounded fine at low speeds / stationary. It's only when the wind noise was extremely high - say 60+ mph on a windy highway, that I thought they were too bright. The noise was just overwhelming the audio, and what was left - to my ears anyway - was mostly the treble reflecting off the windshield.

This matches my previous experience with Infinity speakers mounted on the shock towers of my 1991 RX7 (also not an ideal vehicle for audio) where the reflections off the rear glass were harsh. I bought Boston Acoustics speakers for my next vehicle, a 1997 Grand Cherokee. The BA speakers had more 'mellow' characteristics.

We all have our preferences for audio - 'bright' just tends to be opposite of how I like my speakers : )

Last edited:

Sponsored

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I'll test polarity the next time I do a speaker replacement. However, I thought they sounded fine at low speeds / stationary. It's only when the wind noise was extremely high - say 60+ mph on a windy highway, that I thought they were too bright. The noise was just overwhelming the audio, and what was left - to my ears anyway - was mostly the treble reflecting off the windshield.

This matches my previous experience with Infinity speakers mounted on the shock towers of my 1991 RX7 (also not an ideal vehicle for audio) where the reflections off the rear glass were harsh. I bought Boston Acoustics speakers for my next vehicle, a 1997 Grand Cherokee. The BA speakers had more 'mellow' characteristics.

We all have our preferences for audio - 'bright' just tends to be opposite of how I like my speakers : )
I'm interested to hear what you think of the JL Audio C2-350x. I have the same feeling about the Infinity

Rubicon20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I did this mod last year and didn't like it then, still don't. I still think they sound like crap when you're driving on the highway with wind and road noise just makes it unbearable on the ears. Around town its not as bad but still sucks. I never tried any other options, lived with it until I gave the wife the Jeep and bought a Ram pickup for myself. She's not as critical so she doesn't complain. Now I have a problem with too much bass in the Ram from the HK sub. Man you just can't win with Chrysler Corp regarding audio systems it seems.

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I did this mod last year and didn't like it then, still don't. I still think they sound like crap when you're driving on the highway with wind and road noise just makes it unbearable on the ears. Around town its not as bad but still sucks. I never tried any other options, lived with it until I gave the wife the Jeep and bought a Ram pickup for myself. S.
I’m re-thinking the whole ‘would be nice if I could just drop something in easily’ idea. Part of the problem might be there’s no getting around tweeters reflecting off the windshield.
I saw this thread where 3-way Morel components were used -mids in the dash, tweeters mounted on the dash grill and the 6.5 in the knee location. He’s got very good pics - you’ll see what I mean.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...eighbors-are-gonna-hate-me.26532/#post-425460
This is definitely a more expensive way to go about it but gets mids away from that crappy knee location. I could live with putting my speaker $ in the front and forgetting about the soundbar.

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I bit the bullet today. I am doing the Infinity REF-3032 in the top of dash and I decided to do the Focal Performance 165AC in the kick panel and the roll bar. On reason I went with the focal was that they handle as little as 2 watts up to 60 RMS. With the 2 ohm 14 watt signal that is only like 6 watts @ 4ohms of the speakers. Hope they sound good.

Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
i just finally got around to ordering these....moving and such puts priority on other things....Infinity 3032cfx for the dash, and JL C2 350x for the Soundbar. I'll have to remove the batting for the JL's, but looking forward to seeing if this improves the sound at all with the 8.4" head unit.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I agree with those that said the Infinity 3032 are not that great and a bit too bright. I am a big JL audio fan and didnt get them for those that said they were too bright. Didn't pay much at $60 and I would say they do sound better but literally only $60 bucks better. Got what I paid for. Anyone that did something more high end would be interested.

As an aside I did replace the Alpine OEM subwoofer with aftermarket JL audio amp and a JL audio subwoofer box that I attached underneath a rear tray. Sounds great. AMP and sub box same cost as the custom fit JL box in the rear well, but with the better speaker. Can provide more details if anyone interested.

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
These dont fit accordning to Crutchfield. do you know why they say that?
They fit. I installed them. You just have to make your own screw hole on one side. No issues really!

Jeepadoodle

First Name
Kerwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Are the JL speakers as bright as the Infinity speakers?

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Are the JL speakers as bright as the Infinity speakers?
I don’t know about that as I have never heard the Infinity’s before to compare. They are certainly brighter then the stock speakers that were removed, but I would say the sound pretty balanced.
Sponsored