Timmay

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
Yes. I also ordered some speakers to replace the knee panels, should be here Friday, let me know how you make out.

Ah, so you replaced something that didn't need to be replaced and were pleasantly surprised. I get it. Still stuck with the knee speaker rattle though?
My knee speaker sounds terrible as well, that thing is NOT easy to get too. There's a couple bolts that are hard to get a tool on due to clearance to the body. Gonna grab a 9/32s wrench today to see if I can get that lower panel off.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I'm very happy with these speakers using the included base blocking capacitors to replace all four of my 3.5 speakers. The lower resistance (ohms) of these speakers combined with the base blocking capacitors act as a basic cross over circuit with highs and mids mostly handled by the 3032s and low frequencies mostly handled by the knee panel speakers.

Last edited:

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
So I need 2 pairs of the 3.5" speakers, or are the knee panels really 4.5" ?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
So I need 2 pairs of the 3.5" speakers, or are the knee panels really 4.5" ?
Do a search on 3032cfx, there have been lot's of posts on these. Some say you only need to replace the dash speakers, I did the dash and sound bar.

DrJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
In the dash, you pop off the cover, take out two screws. Taking my time, it took a half-hour including trimming the edges off.
Thanks, I'm a goober. I forgot there are no speakers in the door, my wife drives the jeep most of the time. Thank you for the update and info!

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had a popping noise, I thought was coming from the front dash speakers, but as I found out, it's the knee speakers. The good news is the speakers I bought drive a much cleaner high and add even an extra mid-bass allowing me to keep the volume down while getting cleaner "in your face" sound.

These were used in the Alpine 9 speaker system with 8.4" touchscreen, but I am guessing most dash speakers are the same size.

I purchased the Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers which I mention because all links die eventually, but at the time this was posted the link is:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html?omnews=15593

It required trimming a tiny amount off the very ends of the mounts (it looks like it would fit three possible applications).

mHDdNV9.jpg

PnfMDVl.jpg

Had I known how much better these improved the front sound, I would have done this anyway, so that worked out :) I've had two audio shops tell me speaker upgrades wouldn't do me any good. Now I'm questioning that.
How’s the sound quality/improvement/volume in these? I have been considering these speakers. Does it make you say “oh shit, this is what I’m talking about!”? :)

OP
OP
Timmay

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the doors on, I thought so. With the doors off, not so much.

How’s the sound quality/improvement/volume in these? I have been considering these speakers. Does it make you say “oh shit, this is what I’m talking about!”? :)

mr187

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Law enforcement
How are you guys mounting the aftermarket 4" speakers? The factory 4" have three mounting points and all aftermarket 4" speakers have four mounting points.

OP
OP
Timmay

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, I talked to Alpine at Jeep Beach, and they told me they are working on an entire Alpine upgrade that's plug and play. My local dealer confirmed said he was just talked to Alpine (July) and they are targeting November, so it's available in time for a Christmas gift option. I may not bother with my knee speakers and wait for the Alpine plug and play upgrade. I've talked to numerous dealers about upgrading my system, and as of right now, no one wants to touch it in Florida or New York without an entire rebuild.

I mention this because there's a lot of discussion about upgrading the Alpine system and I would recommend most people wait a few more months when you can buy an official upgrade. After all, the Alpine system is pretty sweet but just needs a little more quality in the highs and mids.

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
Is that just the factory Alpine system being packaged for base radio owners to self-install, or is it an upgrade over the premium Alpine system?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Timmay

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told an upgrade to the current Alpine system as there's not a lot of options out there. There's already Alpine systems available, not sure how good they are.

Is that just the factory Alpine system being packaged for base radio owners to self-install, or is it an upgrade over the premium Alpine system?

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Are these the same size that are in the soundbar as well?

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Pipe fitter
Alpine is supposed to have some big thing set up Saturday at the Toledo Jeep Fest. I’ll see what they’re offering and let you know. I know it said they was offering installation that day so I’m guessing there can’t be to much to it doing it in a few hours in a parking lot.

Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (White)
I'm very happy with these speakers using the included base blocking capacitors to replace all four of my 3.5 speakers. The lower resistance (ohms) of these speakers combined with the base blocking capacitors act as a basic cross over circuit with highs and mids mostly handled by the 3032s and low frequencies mostly handled by the knee panel speakers.
I was wondering if you had to cut out some of the plastic housing for the rear top mounted sound bar to fit the 3.5 speakers as the cutout is very small and is an exact fit for the stock 3.5 in speakers. I tried installing a pair of 3.5 JLAudio, (same as Light Bright)speakers in the rear but it didn't fit flush to the opening on the soundbar. I only run a pair of them in the front. Here are some pictures for the front installation

20190608_130819.jpg

20190525_143700.jpg

20190531_195056.jpg

20190531_203753.jpg

20190525_134617.jpg
Sponsored