Sponsored

AC Shuts Off with Carplay and Google Maps

Phillip5050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Whenever I have my phone connected to Apple Carplay and Google maps the AC shuts off while the navigation is giving directions. Then it turns back on after. Has anyone else experienced this? Tested this same thing on my brother's gladiator and his AC didn't shut off.
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Whenever I have my phone connected to Apple Carplay and Google maps the AC shuts off while the navigation is giving directions. Then it turns back on after. Has anyone else experienced this? Tested this same thing on my brother's gladiator and his AC didn't shut off.
This is not my experience and I don't know why it's happening to you.

Perhaps loud blowing fans from the AC might interrupt the full caustic effect of my wife screaming at me that she knows better than some stinking map software, and how I never listen to her, but it wasn't this way when we first met, and how our kids will pick up on this, and her mother was right about me.....Perhaps it's a design feature from some divorced and disgruntled FCA exec: male or female.;)

(actually my wife's nice and a relaxed passenger)..

Jokes aside, clue me in, if at all, how you get Google maps to appear on your console display? Is my assumption wrong? Is it a Carplay software release thing?

The only maps I can see on screen are the ones generated from Apple's built in mapping software.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Google maps is compatible with Carplay. Always has been.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello Phillip5050,

We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Lamar
JeepCares

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Google maps is compatible with Carplay. Always has been.
Not always, but has since iOS 11 or 12 when Apple opened up CarPlay to other applications. Waze works, as does Spotify, Amazon Music, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phillip5050

Phillip5050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This is not my experience and I don't know why it's happening to you.

Perhaps loud blowing fans from the AC might interrupt the full caustic effect of my wife screaming at me that she knows better than some stinking map software, and how I never listen to her, but it wasn't this way when we first met, and how our kids will pick up on this, and her mother was right about me.....Perhaps it's a design feature from some divorced and disgruntled FCA exec: male or female.;)

(actually my wife's nice and a relaxed passenger)..

Jokes aside, clue me in, if at all, how you get Google maps to appear on your console display? Is my assumption wrong? Is it a Carplay software release thing?

The only maps I can see on screen are the ones generated from Apple's built in mapping software.

Thanks.
I think you just have to scroll to the second screen of apps.

image.jpg

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Mine does that when itā€™s listening for a voice command.

Actually, my laptop does the same thing. I accidentally hit the laptopā€™s Siri button when it was under full load and the fans were blaring, and it cut the fans when it was listening to me.

I figured it was a cool little feature.

ks1626

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Ecodiesel
Following, mine does the same thing too, but my girlfriend's iPhone does not turn off the AC.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Not always, but has since iOS 11 or 12 when Apple opened up CarPlay to other applications. Waze works, as does Spotify, Amazon Music, etc.
In my experience Amazon music is completely useless on Carplay. I always disable carplay when using music.
1) so i can find music that I want to play instead of some meaningless list or playlist it provides
2) after stopping at a store or whatever, i can restart exactly where i left instead of having to re-find something and starting over
3) its always pushing "podcasts" which I have never listened to in my lifetime. A couple of weeks ago I was on a trip and decided to see what it is all about. Same as the OP (except not AC) when the google maps wants to give directions the podcast stops and in order to restart it I have to start all from scratch and reelect music and the podcast and press the play button. 1st and only podcast I hope. To exacerbate that issue, not sure if this is all over but in SoCal when you're on a freeway and and theres a juntion or a major turn-off, it considers that a direction moment. So sometimes, its like every 3 minutes plus 3 times per direction moment(stay on this freeway, until 3 miles until stay on this freeway, until 3 miles to stay on this freeway, etc, ad nauseam).
4) while driving you cannot even scroll below the B's on the artists list. I assume its a set # that you are limited to while not at a stop.
5) it cannot find my set playlists and only wants to suggest channels (when I listen to a channel all I do is press the FFW button to get to the next song until there is a song I want to listen to, usually 30:1 ratio).

I think they want to you get frustrated with amazon and pay for apple music instead.
Sponsored