AC Leaking Water on Passenger Floor

Rookey44

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Anyone else have issues with AC leaking water on passenger floor? Just picked up Factory Order today and on way home heard whining noise and water swooshing sound going around turns.. get home and passenger floor all wet with water dripping from motor behind glove box.
Jeep Wrangler JL AC Leaking Water on Passenger Floor 20210827_153624

20210827_153708.jpg
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Most vehicles have a drain hose or port that drips out under the car. That maybe blocked. If you can find it and have access to air compressor blow some air in that drip line. I have never done this on a Jeep but have on a couple other cars and it has cleared the problem.of dripping and creates better cooling. Of course if brand new take it back to dealer and have them address it.

OP
OP

Rookey44

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Most vehicles have a drain hose or port that drips out under the car. That maybe blocked. If you can find it and have access to air compressor blow some air in that drip line. I have never done this on a Jeep but have on a couple other cars and it has cleared the problem.of dripping and creates better cooling. Of course if brand new take it back to dealer and have them address it.
Thanks, I am at the dealer already this morning and hoping they can get it looked at.. I already mentioned drain line to them, wish I knew where it was though.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Definitely find that hose. Had the same problem from my wifes Fiat 500 and the tosser at the factory didn't connect the hose at the floor drain. It was just pouring on the passenger floor.

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Did you have any rust proofing on your new Jeep? The condensate hose can literally get stuck closed with undecoating....
Several possibilities.. this is just one issue I've seen over the years...

Sponsored

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
On a brand-new car, definitely need the dealer to address. But my old Cherokee, it was the drain hose. Blow some compressed air into it and the leak stopped.

OP
OP

Rookey44

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
I brought it back to the dealer the next day.. during manufacturing they forgot to remove a rubber plug in the drain line.. water got into PCM as well so they dried everything out. Ended up putting an extra 130 miles on brand new car going back to the dealer but at least it is fixed
Jeep Wrangler JL AC Leaking Water on Passenger Floor 20210829_091507
Jeep Wrangler JL AC Leaking Water on Passenger Floor 20210829_091434

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
To be clear, water did not get into the PCM. Not even close.