Sponsored

AC issues in my Jeep Wrangler Sahara

GrantwiseGamgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I purchased a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in June of last year. I live around the Chicago area so it's pretty cold outside. Around November I noticed the AC wasn't working properly. The first time I brought it in to a service shop they did a 'system reboot' and that fixed it. It did work in the parking lot when I picked it up but broke again on my drive home. The second time they replaced the Power Distribution Center. It worked for about half a day before breaking again. I contacted Jeep corporate and they asked me to bring it into another service shop so I did. The first time they had it they claimed it was preforming as designed, that they brought it into their interior shop (which is 70 degrees inside) and it the AC blew out cold air. They claimed there is a condenser safe guard that won't allow the engine to blow out cold air if it is X degrees outside or colder (I do not know what the threshold is). I purchased an infrared temperature gun and made a video to show that no matter what I set the temp to it blows out VERY hot air (around 147 degrees). I sent that to Jeep corp and they asked me to take it in again to the service shop. I did that today and already got a call back that when they took the Jeep back to their 70 degree service shop it would blow out cold air. I know as soon as I pick it up that it will be blowing out hot air (and again, i'm not a nut job who is trying to blow out 20 degree air when it's freezing outside, i'm trying to get like 75 or 80 degree air to blow out instead of burning my legs and arms at any designation). Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone have a newer jeep that can refute that this is the case? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I just cannot believe that a brand new jeep is designed to operate like this.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I purchased a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in June of last year. I live around the Chicago area so it's pretty cold outside. Around November I noticed the AC wasn't working properly. The first time I brought it in to a service shop they did a 'system reboot' and that fixed it. It did work in the parking lot when I picked it up but broke again on my drive home. The second time they replaced the Power Distribution Center. It worked for about half a day before breaking again. I contacted Jeep corporate and they asked me to bring it into another service shop so I did. The first time they had it they claimed it was preforming as designed, that they brought it into their interior shop (which is 70 degrees inside) and it the AC blew out cold air. They claimed there is a condenser safe guard that won't allow the engine to blow out cold air if it is X degrees outside or colder (I do not know what the threshold is). I purchased an infrared temperature gun and made a video to show that no matter what I set the temp to it blows out VERY hot air (around 147 degrees). I sent that to Jeep corp and they asked me to take it in again to the service shop. I did that today and already got a call back that when they took the Jeep back to their 70 degree service shop it would blow out cold air. I know as soon as I pick it up that it will be blowing out hot air (and again, i'm not a nut job who is trying to blow out 20 degree air when it's freezing outside, i'm trying to get like 75 or 80 degree air to blow out instead of burning my legs and arms at any designation). Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone have a newer jeep that can refute that this is the case? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I just cannot believe that a brand new jeep is designed to operate like this.
Sorry to hear of these ongoing concerns, GrantwiseGamgee. If you want to discuss further with our team, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares