Sponsored

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience getting a JLU at a NJ Dealership. Need some advice

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
The interaction should never be confrontational IMHO. When you walk in with attitude you are setting the stage for an inexperienced salesman to fight instead of defusing and setting you at ease.

One idiot salesman is a poor reflection on the entire dealership. With any modern car it's sometimes required to have confidence that they will provide service and support after the sale. If they can't sell a car without being a'holes, its very likely they won't service what they sell either.

I got a reasonable deal (8% off list) on my first JLUR and it was a pleasant, low pressure experience. When the electrical system went bat shit crazy in the first month they did everything possible to make it right then initiated and fully supported the resulting buyback from FCA. Did I get the best price ever? No I did not, but 8ŮŞ the after sale support made a huge difference.

They got a number of referrals from me and have treated others properly too. More than 4 additional sales for them (that I know of)
So quick question about points off. Right now theres a $2000 off to lease. Would you include that in % off from MSRP or is the price after the 2k the new MSRP
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Seriously. Idk if what Im seeking is so insane but I can do $2000 down to cover inceptions, $560/mo 48 mo. for the Willys. $2000 down $550/mo 60 mo. for the Gladiator including my current lease
I put 3 down
500 a month fully loaded rubicon ordered from factory.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Keith is his name.

I know it is as inventory is low..however all the cars on lots are 2020s when 2021s are coming...
That guy ripped my friend off so bad. You have to work stuff with them. Bust out your calculator ask for the residual, subtract payments and 2k down against residual and see what their really up to. Wait until atleast december to buy trust me .

Sponsored

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
That guy ripped my friend off so bad. You have to work stuff with them. Bust out your calculator ask for the residual, subtract payments and 2k down against residual and see what their really up to. Wait until atleast december to buy trust me .
your friend actually got a car from him?!? I was about to smack the shit out of this guy

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
your friend actually got a car from him?!? I was about to smack the shit out of this guy
I told him to call me and id meet him. Then he rolled up with a new jeep and said it was a 60 month lease or somethi g like that. I couldn't believe it. Younger guy right? Howard is a bit better to deal with.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
I told him to call me and id meet him. Then he rolled up with a new jeep and said it was a 60 month lease or somethi g like that. I couldn't believe it. Younger guy right? Howard is a bit better to deal with.
hes around I'd say 40ish?

Im looking at a 60 mo. lease too but thats cus Im planning to buy it out after anyway

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i'm Jersey and after speaking to several local dealers i ended up getting our JLUR from Ray Price in Mt Pocono, PA. they worked with me best on price, add-ons and rebates, they also had it on their lot with 90% of the features i wanted.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
i'm Jersey and after speaking to several local dealers i ended up getting our JLUR from Ray Price in Mt Pocono, PA. they worked with me best on price, add-ons and rebates, they also had it on their lot with 90% of the features i wanted.
wow just checked and they have a JL Rubicon at $42k

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Welcome to NJ...Fuck you.
Go out of state, I think there is 1 in south jersey that didn't suck pond scum through a straw when I get my 18.
Honestly, we should boycott NJ dealerships IMO, pure trash in the service dept and dicks and bitches selling the vehicles.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Not sure why, will wind up costing you much more in financing. Better to bump your payment 100-200 and be done.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Welcome to NJ...Fuck you.
Go out of state, I think there is 1 in south jersey that didn't suck pond scum through a straw when I get my 18.
Honestly, we should boycott NJ dealerships IMO, pure trash in the service dept and dicks and bitches selling the vehicles.
Ya they're ridiculous. Surprises me there are so many morons around here that actually take these deals

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Not sure why, will wind up costing you much more in financing. Better to bump your payment 100-200 and be done.
Can you explain? Wouldn't it be cheaper to lease it first, then finance the rest after?

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
So I went to look at a JLU Willys...$44k MSRP sticker, and a Gladiator Sport S with Max tow and some other features that had a sticker of $48k and was then discounted to $46k,Great! I have $8k left in my car lease that I was wanting to roll into either car.
And the nightmare starts

The salesman refused to talk total price. He stated, "we really only discuss by monthly payments, not the price". What kind of shit is that? I never even said if I preferred to lease or finance, so how can you possibly give me any number. He gave me the option of a 60 mo. lease option they have. In my mind I'm thinking great as I plan to buy this car out, the lease length/miles is irrelevant.

When I built these cars on Jeep's site, my "estimated lease" for 36 mo. was around ~400. So I was thinking to be paying $520-$550 nothing down over a 60 mo. lease including my $133 a mo. from my current lease ($8k / 60 months).

This guy after 5 minutes comes back and tells me that the price for the Gladiator would be $675, and the Willys would be...get this....$693!!!! AND on top of that, he wanted me to put down $2000, AND the 1st month + inceptions.

He keeps telling me that I have to be charged tax and interest on the lease I would be rolling in and is attempting to add it to the total price of the car! Why would I be paying interest and tax on this as if I were to pay it off fully like I'm sure they are, I wouldn't be charged anything more than the $7800 besides the disposition fee of $375.

I literally started laughing in his face. If you remove my $133 a month, he was attempting to charge me $560 a mo. for the lease AND put $2000 down! I walked the hell out of the door as I was telling him he can go find another idiot to pay a total of ~$35,600 for a 60 mo. lease on an MSRP of $44k while we haven't even discussed the car price even.
I agree they handled that poorly. however, you have no money and therefore really no business buying a 50K dollar car and rolling 8K in losses into it!? I hate to say this, but you are the kind of people that ruin it for those of us with money. We have to pay so much for things because the "dollar down dollar a month" crowd drives the prices up so high. when we question the 50K dollar price for a damn Jeep they laugh at us. And im the guy that will write a check for his Jeep in full. Just saying, maybe you should buy from the used car lot?
Sponsored