Sponsored

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience getting a JLU at a NJ Dealership. Need some advice

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
What’s that dealership in OK that’s giving $7,500 off msrp automatically for any Jeep they sell? They’re in the middle of nowhere and want the business. Also, they’re legit as well. Go there.
Oh man I wish I was anywhere close to OK
Sponsored

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Everything can be done without stepping foot in the showroom. And you can have your Jeeps shipped to you from OK. No sense in giving garbage dealers your business.
If this is a thing, please do inform me of this magical dealer !

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Oh i know. Just sucks I went to 3 of them, albeit they were all like 30 mins away, and they all just fell hack on the fact that the cars are already discounted and thats that. ‍ I told em all they can wait for some clown to come buy it MSRP, but when they dont you can call me with a normal amount that doesn’t insult my intelligence
I found my best bet for working with dealerships is to just email all of them within a 500 mile radius and tell them you're reaching out to a few dealerships with Wranglers in stock with specs you like, ask them if they can do whatever 7-8%ish under invoice or 12% off MSRP for that particular jeep is. They may counteroffer but at least you can immediately see who's serious by the way they respond to that offer and eliminate a whole bunch of non-players in one go. I ended up getting 7% under on mine this way and drove 5 hours to pick it up in my trade in.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
I found my best bet for working with dealerships is to just email all of them within a 500 mile radius and that you're reaching out to a few dealerships with Wranglers in stock with specs you like, ask them if they can do whatever 7-8%ish under invoice or 12% off MSRP for that particular jeep is. They may counteroffer but at least you can immediately see who's serious by the way they respond to that offer and eliminate a whole bunch of non-players in one go. I ended up getting 7% under on mine this way and drove 5 hours to pick it up in my trade in.
Yeah i gotta sot down and do that. I reached out to around 6 and am already having trouble remembering whats what with each. All the site’s being pretty much the same doesn’t help lol

Sponsored

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
Hey! Yes this was Monmouth Freehold Jeep. Unfortunately as I work till 5 and
Hey! Yes this was Monmouth Freehold Jeep. Unfortunately as I work till 5 and dealers close around 6-7 I cant travel far during the weekdays
That dealership is around the corner from me and I will never set foot in there. I went there looking at a grand Cherokee for my wife and we left because they were so rude and obnoxious and glad we did. Got a sweet deal on a XC90 in Red Bank the next day.

I also went there years later and they had a sweet orange JK that was a manual in the showroom that caught my eye so I put a deposit down to hold it for me so I could bring my wife the next morning to see it. They sold it didn’t tell me when I called and tried to talk me into another one when I got there.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If this is a thing, please do inform me of this magical dealer !
Full disclaimer: I have no affiliation with them nor have I done any business with them. I have no contacts and can not vouch for them.

One of the members of this forum added their name to the forum knowledge and confirmed their pricing. At the time, it was $7500. Today it looks like Wranglers are $6300 off and Gladiators, $8300 off.

https://www.davidstanleydodge.com/

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
That dealership is around the corner from me and I will never set foot in there. I went there looking at a grand Cherokee for my wife and we left because they were so rude and obnoxious and glad we did. Got a sweet deal on a XC90 in Red Bank the next day.

I also went there years later and they had a sweet orange JK that was a manual in the showroom that caught my eye so I put a deposit down to hold it for me so I could bring my wife the next morning to see it. They sold it didn’t tell me when I called and tried to talk me into another one when I got there.
Wowow. My guy was actually really nice. He was there from another dealership though to help. The sales manager however was a complete clown who tried to get loud with me when i asked him wtf he was smoking telling me a lease price of $670 $1500 down. 48 months Shut his dumb ass up quick after I said if he realizes he’s expecting me to just pay about 70% of the card whole cost...on a lease

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Since you're on the east coast, how about criswell in MD? They're supposed to be pretty good, no? Worth the drive?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Move out of New Jersey, it solved all my problems.
Same here.All I had to do was see the “NJ” part to know where this was going.

Sponsored

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
From my experience trying to get a wrangler in NJ I can say this..give Leon Travis @ Criswell Jeep in Gaitherburg MD a call. Spent less time emailing him to order and eventually driving down than I did talking to dealers here in NJ.

I ordered my 2020 JLU Sport S and got it for 8% below invoice. I couldnt find anything even close in my Nj search. I even got laughed at by some when I told them I could get that kind of deal. "Who would sell a truck for a loss??" is what I heard most often. Evidently they didnt understand their business model lol.

So yeah..get yourself a treadlightly membership to get a FCA affiliate code (unless you qualify for one another way) and talk to a dealer that will stack that on top of their promotion.

Good luck!

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
From my experience trying to get a wrangler in NJ I can say this..give Leon Travis @ Criswell Jeep in Gaitherburg MD a call. Spent less time emailing him to order and eventually driving down than I did talking to dealers here in NJ.

I ordered my 2020 JLU Sport S and got it for 8% below invoice. I couldnt find anything even close in my Nj search. I even got laughed at by some when I told them I could get that kind of deal. "Who would sell a truck for a loss??" is what I heard most often. Evidently they didnt understand their business model lol.

So yeah..get yourself a treadlightly membership to get a FCA affiliate code (unless you qualify for one another way) and talk to a dealer that will stack that on top of their promotion.

Good luck!
It’s crazy. It’s also wild how many wrangler are on the road here

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
It’s crazy. It’s also wild how many wrangler are on the road here
Which is probably why they wont deal and really...have no reason to. You are right..TONS of wranglers here in North Jersey. Im sure a very small percentage of those people shopped around and actually worked for the best deals. Dropping my son off at daycare I saw a kid parking a brand new JLUR at the highschool...had a local dealers decal on the back..I can only imagine what they are paying for that. Madnesss.

Just went to a local dealer and leased a new GC limited for the wife and the deal was good. On models that have incentives you can probably find what you want in Jersey. Wrangler? No way.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Seriously. Idk if what Im seeking is so insane but I can do $2000 down to cover inceptions, $560/mo 48 mo. for the Willys. $2000 down $550/mo 60 mo. for the Gladiator including my current lease

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
The interaction should never be confrontational IMHO. When you walk in with attitude you are setting the stage for an inexperienced salesman to fight instead of defusing and setting you at ease.

One idiot salesman is a poor reflection on the entire dealership. With any modern car it's sometimes required to have confidence that they will provide service and support after the sale. If they can't sell a car without being a'holes, its very likely they won't service what they sell either.

I got a reasonable deal (8% off list) on my first JLUR and it was a pleasant, low pressure experience. When the electrical system went bat shit crazy in the first month they did everything possible to make it right then initiated and fully supported the resulting buyback from FCA. Did I get the best price ever? No I did not, but 8٪ the after sale support made a huge difference.

They got a number of referrals from me and have treated others properly too. More than 4 additional sales for them (that I know of)
Sponsored