Sponsored

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience getting a JLU at a NJ Dealership. Need some advice

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
So I went to look at a JLU Willys...$44k MSRP sticker, and a Gladiator Sport S with Max tow and some other features that had a sticker of $48k and was then discounted to $46k,Great! I have $8k left in my car lease that I was wanting to roll into either car.
And the nightmare starts

The salesman refused to talk total price. He stated, "we really only discuss by monthly payments, not the price". What kind of shit is that? I never even said if I preferred to lease or finance, so how can you possibly give me any number. He gave me the option of a 60 mo. lease option they have. In my mind I'm thinking great as I plan to buy this car out, the lease length/miles is irrelevant.

When I built these cars on Jeep's site, my "estimated lease" for 36 mo. was around ~400. So I was thinking to be paying $520-$550 nothing down over a 60 mo. lease including my $133 a mo. from my current lease ($8k / 60 months).

This guy after 5 minutes comes back and tells me that the price for the Gladiator would be $675, and the Willys would be...get this....$693!!!! AND on top of that, he wanted me to put down $2000, AND the 1st month + inceptions.

He keeps telling me that I have to be charged tax and interest on the lease I would be rolling in and is attempting to add it to the total price of the car! Why would I be paying interest and tax on this as if I were to pay it off fully like I'm sure they are, I wouldn't be charged anything more than the $7800 besides the disposition fee of $375.

I literally started laughing in his face. If you remove my $133 a month, he was attempting to charge me $560 a mo. for the lease AND put $2000 down! I walked the hell out of the door as I was telling him he can go find another idiot to pay a total of ~$35,600 for a 60 mo. lease on an MSRP of $44k while we haven't even discussed the car price even.
Sponsored

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redrockrubicon.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named Lucy, 2018 Bright White JLUR named Dru, 2020 Hella Yella JLUR named Stuart, 2000 TJ Bright Silver Metallic name Gru. 2020 Gladiator name Kassandra
Occupation
Jeep Tours/rentals
"we really only discuss by monthly payments, not the price"
You needed to get up and walk out at this point.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
So I went to look at a JLU Willys...$44k MSRP sticker, and a Gladiator Sport S with Max tow and some other features that had a sticker of $48k and was then discounted to $46k,Great! I have $8k left in my car lease that I was wanting to roll into either car.
And the nightmare starts

The salesman refused to talk total price. He stated, "we really only discuss by monthly payments, not the price". What kind of shit is that? I never even said if I preferred to lease or finance, so how can you possibly give me any number. He gave me the option of a 60 mo. lease option they have. In my mind I'm thinking great as I plan to buy this car out, the lease length/miles is irrelevant.

When I built these cars on Jeep's site, my "estimated lease" for 36 mo. was around ~400. So I was thinking to be paying $520-$550 nothing down over a 60 mo. lease including my $133 a mo. from my current lease ($8k / 60 months).

This guy after 5 minutes comes back and tells me that the price for the Gladiator would be $675, and the Willys would be...get this....$693!!!! AND on top of that, he wanted me to put down $2000, AND the 1st month + inceptions.

He keeps telling me that I have to be charged tax and interest on the lease I would be rolling in and is attempting to add it to the total price of the car! Why would I be paying interest and tax on this as if I were to pay it off fully like I'm sure they are, I wouldn't be charged anything more than the $7800 besides the disposition fee of $375.

I literally started laughing in his face. If you remove my $133 a month, he was attempting to charge me $560 a mo. for the lease AND put $2000 down! I walked the hell out of the door as I was telling him he can go find another idiot to pay a total of ~$35,600 for a 60 mo. lease on an MSRP of $44k while we haven't even discussed the car price even.
Where was the Dealer? I had the same experience with the dealer in Summit

Sponsored

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
TBH I also had a terrible experience getting my JLU from the dealership here in BC, Canada. I ended up getting it from a massive dealership in Langley, even though I live in Vancouver. I spoke to a bunch of other dealerships before dealing with the Langley store and they were just as bad...

Compared to my experiences with other dealerships in the past, like Ford, Audi, VW, Kia etc... It was a nightmare. Every step of the way was bad...

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
TBH I also had a terrible experience getting my JLU from the dealership here in BC, Canada. I ended up getting it from a massive dealership in Langley, even though I live in Vancouver. I spoke to a bunch of other dealerships before dealing with the Langley store and they were just as bad...

Compared to my experiences with other dealerships in the past, like Ford, Audi, VW, Kia etc... It was a nightmare. Every step of the way was bad...
Right?!? They're pushing me more and more to wait for the Bronco and tell them all to fuck off

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
You did the right thing walking out, find a dealership worth working with that will treat you better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
You did the right thing walking out, find a dealership worth working with that will treat you better.
It was absolutely the most bizarre experience tbh. He told me the numbers and I legit just started laughing while he's sitting there with a straight face on.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
It was absolutely the most bizarre experience tbh. He told me the numbers and I legit just started laughing while he's sitting there with a straight face on.
Just a tactic they use to get people hooked in, don't be surprised if they call you in a couple days with a "better" number or are more willing to talk.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Just a tactic they use to get people hooked in, don't be surprised if they call you in a couple days with a "better" number or are more willing to talk.
Ohh I copied and pasted what I wrote to start the thread here to their "contact us" had another sales guy texting me all day.....I got fed up with their BS offers I flat out told them, I'm done discussing monthly payments...take your $48k sticker Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow, lower it down to $44k add your $2k rebate that he was already adding, and then we can talk or do the same for the Willys..

I built out a Gladiator S Sport Max Tow on Jeep.com...with an 8.4 Navi (theirs has the 7.0" version), added packages my cost came up to be the same as theirs without all of that and sent them the picture of it telling them why would I pay the same for yours when I can get this with a bigger screen with actual Navi built in, mopar rubber mats, hardtop headliner all which the one they have don't have!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Not everyone in NJ Jeep dealerships are that way but unfortunately some salespeople are and the only way to deal with them is to beat them at their own game. But since it’s done, and now you’re wanting advice, take your money and go shop somewhere else.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Not everyone in NJ Jeep dealerships are that way but unfortunately some salespeople are and the only way to deal with them is to beat them at their own game. But since it’s done, and now you’re wanting advice, take your money and go shop somewhere else.
Lol well...what do you mean by beating them at their own game. I've been talking to the dealer today still as another sales person has been texting me all day. I pretty much gave them a deal or no deal offer as I explained above.
Sponsored