Sponsored

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience getting a JLU at a NJ Dealership. Need some advice

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I feel sorry for the buyer who does not understand what you where driving point is. Poor salesman, so dumb and did not know how to get foot out of mouth.

Good job, I trust others reading post to know there is no easy money in a lease or payments... Go to your own bank and get a loan if need be.

I made a deal with my local bank to cover my $45k JLR purchase interest fee for 60 days until my boat (commission check) came in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
I feel sorry for the buyer who does not understand what you where driving point is. Poor salesman, so dumb and did not know how to get foot out of mouth.

Good job, I trust others reading post to know there is no easy money in a lease or payments... Go to your own bank and get a loan if need be.

I made a deal with my local bank to cover my $45k JLR purchase interest fee for 60 days until my boat (commission check) came in.
Yea I was definitely not even entertaining the BS they were giving me. Surprised they stuck by it so long as it was pretty evident to everyone there I was not having it.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Lol well...what do you mean by beating them at their own game.
Starts from the beginning but actively participate in the interaction, think fast and don’t be afraid to challenge ideas.

“Whoa there, what do you mean you don’t discuss final pricing? What the fuck is this shit?”

Sometimes you have, metaphorically speaking, put your balls on table.

“Look here...you’re a nice kid and I like you a lot but that’s not the way this is going to go. Here’s how we’re going to run this and if you’re not willing to play, find me another salesman who is. Sheesh I can’t believe you aren’t willing to fucking take my money.”

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Nothing wrong with walking out of a dealer. I have done it several times before. Always call them before even going in there. Last car I bought, conversations with dealers lasted 10 seconds on average.

I called one and asked, "whats the best price you can give me on this Camry" and he said "there are no price wars going on because of covid" and I said "ok bye". No point discussing after they say something like that or "we only discuss monthly payments". that's just ridiculous.

It isn't rude to leave, or be blunt. They're freaking rude to us customers, they're trying to get as much money as they can from us and we are just trying to buy a freaking car for a fair price. Walk away and go somewhere else.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well, only talking monthly payments is the standard four square method they desire to manipulate customers. I've usually had to walk out of those dealers. They can always meet your monthly payment amount by extending the loan forever.

Sponsored

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
So I went to look at a JLU Willys...$44k MSRP sticker, and a Gladiator Sport S with Max tow and some other features that had a sticker of $48k and was then discounted to $46k,Great! I have $8k left in my car lease that I was wanting to roll into either car.
And the nightmare starts

The salesman refused to talk total price. He stated, "we really only discuss by monthly payments, not the price". What kind of shit is that? I never even said if I preferred to lease or finance, so how can you possibly give me any number. He gave me the option of a 60 mo. lease option they have. In my mind I'm thinking great as I plan to buy this car out, the lease length/miles is irrelevant.

When I built these cars on Jeep's site, my "estimated lease" for 36 mo. was around ~400. So I was thinking to be paying $520-$550 nothing down over a 60 mo. lease including my $133 a mo. from my current lease ($8k / 60 months).

This guy after 5 minutes comes back and tells me that the price for the Gladiator would be $675, and the Willys would be...get this....$693!!!! AND on top of that, he wanted me to put down $2000, AND the 1st month + inceptions.

He keeps telling me that I have to be charged tax and interest on the lease I would be rolling in and is attempting to add it to the total price of the car! Why would I be paying interest and tax on this as if I were to pay it off fully like I'm sure they are, I wouldn't be charged anything more than the $7800 besides the disposition fee of $375.

I literally started laughing in his face. If you remove my $133 a month, he was attempting to charge me $560 a mo. for the lease AND put $2000 down! I walked the hell out of the door as I was telling him he can go find another idiot to pay a total of ~$35,600 for a 60 mo. lease on an MSRP of $44k while we haven't even discussed the car price even.
Those guys are jerks, I bought my Willys 2020 JLU ECO Diesel 2 weeks ago with only $500 discounted, unfortunately the Diesels are selling as soon as they arrive in my area and dealers can afford to wait for the next customer. My sales man was apologetic, they did not pressure me or push for dealer add-ons. They also sold me a 2.5 Mopar Lift at cost and discounted the installation labor by almost half.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Those guys are jerks, I bought my Willys 2020 JLU ECO Diesel 2 weeks ago with only $500 discounted, unfortunately the Diesels are selling as soon as they arrive in my area and dealers can afford to wait for the next customer. My sales man was apologetic, they did not pressure me or push for dealer add-ons. They also sold me a 2.5 Mopar Lift at cost and discounted the installation labor by almost half.
Thats awesome! Didn't even know they offer lift kits there.

I will be headed to another dealer now, will report back after.

Appreciate all the support and advice!!!

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
Thats awesome! Didn't even know they offer lift kits there.

I will be headed to another dealer now, will report back after.

Appreciate all the support and advice!!!

If you are looking for a Willys there are 2 at World Jeep in Shrewsbury.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my JLURD outside Chicago in March just before COVID set in for $1500 under invoice.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Sadly with Jeep Wrangler purchases or leases especially on the JLURs and JTRs dealerships experiences are horrid.

We had visited four dealerships, two said they in NO WAY discount JLURs and $1k off would be a killer deal. Needles to say we ended up getting $4900 off on our 2020.

It took some shopping around and driving 150 miles from home but we finally found a half decent dealerships. Funny part was the JLUR we bought at $4900 off MSRP was the exact one found earlier (same VIN). During a computer search by a prior dealerships that showed us the “window sticker” of one they “found” that matched our wants and my wife took a photo of it when the salesman walked away. That dealership said they would not discount it because they had to “go and get it”.

I don’t know about anyone else but $4900 is real money to me and wroth a 90min drive to obtain.

So shop around and be willing to drive. Dealerships will discount you just have to search to find the ones that do.

Sponsored

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
You, unfortunately, ran into the worst kind of salesperson, both ‘ignorant and arrogant.’ See it all the time with “Detroit Three” salespersons more so than the foreign vehicle dealers I have bought or leased my wife’s cars from. They don’t know their product, they don't listen to or can't 'read' their customer, and they think they have all the answers and can “one up” the buyer.

Walking out the door is the smartest thing you can do because that type of salesperson will never stand behind the deal and when the ‘feces hits the oscillating device’ with some issue on your new vehicle, they will be nowhere to be found (most likely because their attitude has caught up with them and they have moved onto another dealership).

When a salesperson’s first question out of their mouth is, “How much do you want to pay a month?” my answer is always the same, “Around five dollars.” Stops them dead in their tracks. If they are stupid enough to ask again, I usually respond with, “Honestly? I’d like to stay under a dollar if I can.”

[Like a good lawyer who never asks a witness on the stand a question he doesn't already know the answer to, I study the hell out of every website and when I walk into the dealership I know exactly what a vehicle costs the dealer, what the 'holdback' is, and even sometimes what the vehicle costs for the various employee and "family & friends" plans. I also try to determine what the average transaction cost is for a particular vehicle. All of this information is available online. FCA/Jeep bonus issues to the dealer are seldom known, however, even by the sales staff.]

Then I laugh in their face and tell them we’re going right to the bottom line without tax, title, registration, etc., because I will take care all of that (despite their protests, I always leave with the MSO or have it mailed to me within seven days). And if they claim their 'document fee' is not negotiable, I tell them to find the equivalent amount to discount elsewhere in the deal or pull it from the holdback. You would be amazed how many dealers will negotiate the holdback.

Remember the rules of the game here: They are trying to maximize profit and take as much of your money as they can; you on the other hand are trying to leave as little money on the table as possible. And therein lies the rub. As someone else stated, they are rude to you, don’t be afraid to take them head-on and throw their game back at them. Jeeps can be had at any one of FCA’s approximately 2,500 dealerships across the U.S. Do not be afraid to walk out the door and go find another one, as you did here. With the COVID-19. dealerships are ramping up their online sales, so if you are inclined to buy without kicking the tires and taking it for a spin, you can do that, too. And skip the whole “in your face” BS.

While I have some good friends that sell cars, for the most part, many salespersons and dealerships have rightfully earned their unfavorable reputations.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Haha so I am back.

had a Gladiator sport S with max tow and everything else I wanted for 46k they have 2k off for leases so it brings it to 44. I said want this at 41 as me building a higher specced car on jeeps website with the better navi, mats, roof dampening and it would be the same 44k so why would I pay this.

He goes and says 41k is not doable so I said ok bye. Made him quote me a lease for fun at 44k. These clowns wanted 675/mo for 48 mo. with 1.5k down for inceptions/1st month!!!! And thats not even counting my current lease.

Told him hes out of his mind if he thinks I’ll be paying $34k of the car on a lease. Told him I can lease a BMW 5 series, a 70k+ car for that. His rebuttal was and I shit you not,” but can you take the doors and roof off?” At that point I laughed in his face and told him that I forgot the features of a car add an imaginary cost, and left

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
His rebuttal was “can you take the doors and roof off?”
“Yes. It just takes some power tools and elbow grease - both of which I have. Right now anything’s possible. Just like you taking your happy ass back to your manager with my offer. Do it now. I don’t have much more time to waste.”

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Sadly with Jeep Wrangler purchases or leases especially on the JLURs and JTRs dealerships experiences are horrid.

We had visited four dealerships, two said they in NO WAY discount JLURs and $1k off would be a killer deal. Needles to say we ended up getting $4900 off on our 2020.

It took some shopping around and driving 150 miles from home but we finally found a half decent dealerships. Funny part was the JLUR we bought at $4900 off MSRP was the exact one found earlier (same VIN). During a computer search by a prior dealerships that showed us the “window sticker” of one they “found” that matched our wants and my wife took a photo of it when the salesman walked away. That dealership said they would not discount it because they had to “go and get it”.

I don’t know about anyone else but $4900 is real money to me and wroth a 90min drive to obtain.

So shop around and be willing to drive. Dealerships will discount you just have to search to find the ones that do.
hell yea man! 5k is def money

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
Haha so I am back.

had a Gladiator sport S with max tow and everything else I wanted for 46k they have 2k off for leases so it brings it to 44. I said want this at 41 as me building a higher specced car on jeeps website with the better navi, mats, roof dampening and it would be the same 44k so why would I pay this.

He goes and says 41k is not doable so I said ok bye. Made him quote me a lease for fun at 44k. These clowns wanted 675/mo for 48 mo. with 1.5k down for inceptions/1st month!!!! And thats not even counting my current lease.

Told him hes out of his mind if he thinks I’ll be paying $34k of the car on a lease. Told him I can lease a BMW 5 series, a 70k+ car for that. His rebuttal was and I shit you not,” but can you take the doors and roof off?” At that point I laughed in his face and told him that I forgot the features of a car add an imaginary cost, and left
Was This still in Monmouth County or did u go elsewhere? What dealership were u at?
Sponsored