Sponsored

ABS - Traction Control - Serv 4WD - Service Stability Control multi-errors solved

• Thread starter Deleted member 11497
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 11497

Loss of 4wd, cruise control, and other electronic system failures will most likely persist and may appear intermittently until debris is removed and a reset is performed. (Some of the system reset info came from the JK forum but also worked on my 2018 JLU Saharah). My JLU is stock with no modifications and has the select trac t-case with automatic transmission and LS rear end. I have owned this Jeep for 3 years and it currently has 23,000 mi. The issue was initially caused by mud caked on rear wheel ABS / Stability Sensors. The multiple error icons appeared intermittently at first and cleared themselves several times over a few months without any manual reset but eventually became cronic and caused several other temporary electrical system failures that seem to be all connected / related to the same sensor circuit. The rear wheel multi sensors are prone to dirt and mud accumulation due to being located in a difficult to clean area often missed at the car wash. Even after the sensors have been cleaned and allowed to dry, the multiple idiot light icons will most likely persist indefinitely until a manual reset has been performed. The following reset method worked for me first try and easily cleared all systems back to normal. I would recommend trying this before attempting battery cable removal method or dealership service: With Vehicle running and T-case in 2H position, move transmission to N position, turn engine off and allow start button to remain in off position for several seconds, while start button is in the off position move T-case to 4H position, move transmission to P position, then start engine with vehicle still in 4H position. If rear sensors have been cleaned and allowed to dry and have not been damaged this reset should hold and return all systems to normal. This reset may also work temporarily if electronic loss of 4WD has occurred while on trail though I have not tried this I have heard that it may have worked on the JK models. The front sensors seem much less likely to be the culprit due to being located ahead of most mud slinging and better access to washing behind the open front fender. My rear sensors were still mud caked even after several very thorough undercarriage washings they are in an area that is easily overlooked and missed but can be easily cleaned with a garden hose sprayer without wheel removal if you know where to look. (behind wheel on top of axel near brake disc and caliper) see attached photo.
Jeep Wrangler JL ABS - Traction Control - Serv 4WD - Service Stability Control multi-errors solved IMG_3957.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL ABS - Traction Control - Serv 4WD - Service Stability Control multi-errors solved IMG_3955.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepindad

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU rubicon
I experienced this issue this weekend! Sucks being on the trail and not knowing what the heck is going on.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Been getting this since my first 200 miles. I'm at 24k now and just got it again about a week ago. Seem erros and lighted dash. We own a 19 and a 21 JLU. The build quality on the Pandemic vehicles just seems to not be so good.
Sponsored