Sponsored

ABS light & brake light started flashing and all my rotors locked up after installing Tazer to reset TPMS

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
So, I installed my Tazer last night to reset the TPMS threshold. Everything went fine, all the resets and stuff. Drove it around the block, no errors. I hopped in it today to go to the store and it had a CEL for non-communication. I've heard that's normal, so I cleared it. When I went to leave my driveway, the ABS light and Brake light started flashing and all my rotors locked up. I tried a reboot, there's no indication the line lock or rock crawl was active (I thought I'd hit the combo by mistake). The only thing that worked was an unmarry. I was only brave enough to drive it far enough for my TPMS to update. Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Unmarried, reinstalled firmware, and made sure to turn off brake hold before ever touching the brake pedal. I got moving again.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Some Random Guy

Brake hold..... and not being familiar with it / knowing it is a "Live Feature" caught another guy off guard the other day...

Good you got it fall figured out.. and you are "moving again".

OP
OP
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
@Some Random Guy

Brake hold..... and not being familiar with it / knowing it is a "Live Feature" caught another guy off guard the other day...

Good you got it fall figured out.. and you are "moving again".
Yeah, bad time to live on a hill. Like almost any time I guess. Got a manual, living on a hill sucks. Tight garage, living on a hill sucks. Need to jack up your vehicle, living on a hill sucks.
I found a bunch of posts on the gladiator forum. Kind of makes me think this feature should be off by default. One guy had to force his way through his brakes in 4H to get out of a checkpoint.
Sponsored