Sponsored

ABS and speed wheel sensor problems.

chum1600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU sport
Yesterday while driving at 75mph it felt like my Jeep was engaging the brake on its own. It was like the brakes were tapped and then let off. The front end dipped and it jerked me forward in my seat. I called the dealer, who said to bring it in ASAP. I got off the highway and drove it to the dealer.
After running diagnostics, they called today and said all 4 of my wheel speed sensors and my ABS module was bad.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? My JL only has 9400 miles on it.
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Did you have any warning lights on dash at all? Never seen a JL with a bad wheel speed sensor, let alone all 4 at once. Something doesn’t seem right.

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

thats super sketchy but atleast your local dealer seems to have handled the problem in a very timely matter. glad your ok!

OP
OP

chum1600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU sport
Did you have any warning lights on dash at all? Never seen a JL with a bad wheel speed sensor, let alone all 4 at once. Something doesn’t seem right.
No warning lights on at all. Dealership called today to tell me that the ABS module was bad. All 4 speed sensors and the ABS module are all replaced.

OP
OP

chum1600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU sport
thats super sketchy but atleast your local dealer seems to have handled the problem in a very timely matter. glad your ok!
Thanks, it definitely freaked me out in the moment. Get my Jeep back tomorrow now that everything is fixed up.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This is what happened to my JK. It wrecked the brakes over time.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
No warning lights on at all. Dealership called today to tell me that the ABS module was bad. All 4 speed sensors and the ABS module are all replaced.
Doesn’t seem right to me, working in service if you had any type of failure you’d definitely have warning lights on dash. Especially if there was a “failure” at any point.

OP
OP

chum1600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU sport
Doesn’t seem right to me, working in service if you had any type of failure you’d definitely have warning lights on dash. Especially if there was a “failure” at any point.
That’s why I thought it was weird. I got the Jeep back this morning and it seems to be running better. I’m hoping this isn’t going to lead to bigger problems down the line.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I thought it was weird. I got the Jeep back this morning and it seems to be running better. I’m hoping this isn’t going to lead to bigger problems down the line.
I’m curious to see what they put on your paperwork and to see if any parts are on there

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Got a problem with my new locker install and ABR tone ring on 2020 Willys
I am switching out my Dana 44 limited slip for a Rubicon 44 e-locker
The problem is the ABS tone ring on the e-locker axles are a lager out side diameter and the sensor will hit the tone ring
I am not sure which part needs to be replaced
The backing plate
The ABS sensor or
The ABS tone ring
Any one know the answer
Thanks
Larry

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score