Sponsored

ABS and Parking Brake lights

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Just got my Tazer a few days ago and noticed this same issue, read all of y’all’s comments and went to try to figure it out but maybe I’m missing something because I don’t see “Hold feature” or an ABS function feature. Someone please let me know what I’m missing lol appreciate the help in advance!

Page 3 & 11, under live functions. MIssed that part also and had a little scare with the ABS flashing.
https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1128.pdf

• Brake Hold (excl. 4XE): enable/disable the brake hold feature, which will automatically hold your brakes after pressing brake firmly for 2 seconds under these circumstances: • not in a menu • at a full stop • your seatbelt is on • in drive
Sponsored

Last edited:

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Oh my god. I'm so glad I found this thread. I was going to take mine into the dealer because I thought there was something wrong with my brakes. Of course, when I unmarried my Tazer, the problem went away. The part that feels uncomfortable is how the brake pedal slowly drops to the floor for this feature to work... I thought I had some loss of brake pressure.

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The brake hold feature is relatively new it seems as it looks like it was part of the May 2021 firmware update. Really cool and convenient feature by the way. My problem was that I never bothered to go back and update my Tazer after owning it for over a year. I guess i should make it a point to check in every couple of months to see what’s new. Who knows, maybe a 360 turn option in future updates?:LOL:
I thought this would be a good feature until wheeling in Moab this week. The problem is if you have to stop on a steep decline and the feature activities the only way to deactivate it is to press on the accelerator which is exactly what you do not want to do while on a very steep drop.

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought this would be a good feature until wheeling in Moab this week. The problem is if you have to stop on a steep decline and the feature activities the only way to deactivate it is to press on the accelerator which is exactly what you do not want to do while on a very steep drop.
can the feature be disabled in the Tazer menus?

Sponsored

CJtoJL

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I discovered this feature in a fast food drive-thru line on a busy afternoon... not gonna lie I panicked for a second!

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
This thread has been a godsend for me! I've been struggling with this problem for a month now and its been driving me crazy, especially when the brake pedal nearly goes to the floor. I have been to my dealer twice about this . . . the first time they stated that they could not duplicate my problem, but after the most recent visit, they told me it was due to the Tazer JL Mini module and recommended I remove it. They were right! I removed it, and the problem went away, but left me frustrated in that I lost control over defeating the auto start/stop and full use of my front trail camera.

Having discovered this thread, I have now turned-off the "Brake Hold" function and will closely monitor this issue to see if it comes back, but from what I'm seeing in this thread, this should solve the problem. What a relief!:please::clap::sun::like:

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
This thread has been a godsend for me! I've been struggling with this problem for a month now and its been driving me crazy, especially when the brake pedal nearly goes to the floor. I have been to my dealer twice about this . . . the first time they stated that they could not duplicate my problem, but after the most recent visit, they told me it was due to the Tazer JL Mini module and recommended I remove it. They were right! I removed it, and the problem went away, but left me frustrated in that I lost control over defeating the auto start/stop and full use of my front trail camera.

Having discovered this thread, I have now turned-off the "Brake Hold" function and will closely monitor this issue to see if it comes back, but from what I'm seeing in this thread, this should solve the problem. What a relief!:please::clap::sun::like:
I can about 99% assure you it will not come back. After discovering this ”feature” update I turned it off and no issues. Glad it helped I was about to take mine to the dealer then stumbled upon this thread.

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I think one of the latest Tazer JL Mini firmware updates has turned this feature off by default now. I've updated my module and it didn't seem to come on.
Jeep Wrangler JL ABS and Parking Brake lights Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 10.31.02 AM

Sponsored

themrwilson

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
I discovered this feature in a fast food drive-thru line on a busy afternoon... not gonna lie I panicked for a second!
I’m sitting in the parking lot of one right now learning the same thing! So glad it wasn’t anything serious. Really freaked out for a second.

Ragin_Cajun_JL

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Diesel
I recently installed a 3.5 inch lift and installed a Tazer JL mini to correct for the tire size increase and I'm having something strange now occurring. When I come to a stop and my autostart/stop shuts off the engine I get both the ABS and the Parking Brake lights flashing at me. As soon as I let off the brake and start rolling forward they go out and everything seems normal. Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what might be going on? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks for posting this… I was having the same issue! Recently installed the tazer 💜
Sponsored