Sponsored

About to order with 3.6l etorque - anyone have one yet?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
I think it is reflected by about 1 mpg in comparison to the 3.6l without eTorque
Perhaps it's just "voodoo economics"? :lipssealed:. Maybe it should be gpm ? :facepalm:.
Hey Adamoni . . . why U care so much U driving a 2020 EcoDiesel ! ! ! Oh & by the way U-T, just for you, is "shorthand" for YouTube . So tell us all why U decided to get an EcoDiesel (E-D from now on) ? What research did you do, knowledge gained, that made you think - yea that works for me ? ! I'm :computerrage: trying to figure it out ! ;) :)
Sponsored

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Well, since you asked, I passed up the 3.6L with eTorque for the EcoDiesel, yes. I may be second guessing myself now, so I want to find out more about 3.6L with eTorque. I passed it up because I didnā€™t see mpg, torque, or hp gains anywhere I looked, though it drove very smoothly. You can see in my posts thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for. It was almost like they were hiding the information. Then, because I drive about 30,000 miles per year on public roads for work, and plan to keep the rig forever if possible, the diesel seemed to fit the bill better i.e. traditional diesel longevity and long range capability between fill ups at the gas station. I feel that a reliable, affordable ($60,000 max) electric truck with 500+ mile range wonā€™t be on the scene for two to ten years and I need to purchase my vehicle ASAP. The wrangler PHEV if itā€™s specs were good would interest me too and Iā€™m asking questions about that also. I didnā€™t dive into this forum until after the down payment like I should have, honestly. I think the EcoDiesel probably fits the best for me but it isnā€™t too late to change my order to 3.6L with eTorque. Iā€™m definitely interested and invested and canā€™t stop thinking about wranglers.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Well, since you asked, I passed up the 3.6L with eTorque for the EcoDiesel, yes. I may be second guessing myself now, so I want to find out more about 3.6L with eTorque. I passed it up because I didnā€™t see mpg, torque, or hp gains anywhere I looked, though it drove very smoothly. You can see in my posts thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for. It was almost like they were hiding the information. Then, because I drive about 30,000 miles per year on public roads for work, and plan to keep the rig forever if possible, the diesel seemed to fit the bill better i.e. traditional diesel longevity and long range capability between fill ups at the gas station. I feel that a reliable, affordable ($60,000 max) electric truck with 500+ mile range wonā€™t be on the scene for two to ten years and I need to purchase my vehicle ASAP. The wrangler PHEV if itā€™s specs were good would interest me too and Iā€™m asking questions about that also. I didnā€™t dive into this forum until after the down payment like I should have, honestly. I think the EcoDiesel probably fits the best for me but it isnā€™t too late to change my order to 3.6L with eTorque. Iā€™m definitely interested and invested and canā€™t stop thinking about wranglers.
I'm pretty sure that 3.0 is going to be a fun drive.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
I don't understand. There must be a gas savings. Why does't the mpg on window sticker reflect any increase?
The savings is in the NOT USING the gas - it's NOT being used because the motor is OFF whenever you're STOPPED ! The SAVINGS is substantial, per DAY, especially in daily stop & go driving (in town) - there is yet another VIDEO showing this thanks to FCA's intro-Reveal on new products (RAM & JEEP). You Don't SEE it in INCREASED mpg numbers, because the GAS is sitting in your tank waiting to be used - not "abused" at stop lights or when otherwise idling the motor ! :computerrage:

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Our 2020s gear changes feel much smoother then the 19 we test drove. I really love the drivetrain in this Jeep.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The savings is in the NOT USING the gas - it's NOT being used because the motor is OFF whenever you're STOPPED ! The SAVINGS is substantial, per DAY, especially in daily stop & go driving (in town) - there is yet another VIDEO showing this thanks to FCA's intro-Reveal on new products (RAM & JEEP). You Don't SEE it in INCREASED mpg numbers, because the GAS is sitting in your tank waiting to be used - not "abused" at stop lights or when otherwise idling the motor ! :computerrage:
upload_2019-12-29_20-1-43.jpeg

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
My 3.6 etorque is in the shop with a transmission pan gasket leak (UGH 250 miles on the odo) ANYWAY, I've got a 3.6 Sport JLU as a loaner- and there is no comparison to how much smoother the ESS and gear changes are with the etorque! If I had to live with non etorque ESS I would certainly disable it since it is so annoying compared to what I've gotten used to. Highly recommend the etorque!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
guys how about some pictures, especially underneath showing the coolant lines etc for the battery

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™ve been using the Internet since before YouTube existed and I have never... not once... anywhere... in any context... EVER... seen it referred to as ā€œU-Tā€
YT if anything, UT makes sense only to the person typing it -_-

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
How does the etorque do out wheeling, does it help with the low speed rock crawling?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's disabled in 4-Low, but I'm not sure it would make any noticeable difference anyway.
The entire system or just the start/stop?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed it was the entire system, but honestly I don't know.
ah, I figured there could be some benefit with low RPMs but who knows.
Sponsored