Sponsored

About Over This Jeep.....

Maverick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I am about over this whole Jeep thing. Anyone else over all the issues? 2 year old vehicle with 40k miles shouldn't have so many problems. I worked in a Chrysler dealership back when it was DiamlerChrysler and don't remember this many issues.
- Paint Bubbling around all hinges on the doors (seriously corrosion issues on a new vehicle?!?!)
- Creaking noise from front suspension that dealer can't find
- throttle cutting out at very low speeds - surges. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong
- drivers visor/mirror fell out on the way to work this morning
- Soft top makes god awful squeaking noise when down - worn through the felt wear pads
- clock loses 3-4 minutes per week. have to constantly reset (dealer said normal, wouldn't replace)
- a handful of fit and finish problems that the dealer took care of at 20k

Ridiculous. Vehicle that I pay $600 per month is a flaming hunk of crap.
Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got a pick of the paint on the hinges?

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I am about over this whole Jeep thing. Anyone else over all the issues? 2 year old vehicle with 40k miles shouldn't have so many problems. I worked in a Chrysler dealership back when it was DiamlerChrysler and don't remember this many issues.
- Paint Bubbling around all hinges on the doors (seriously corrosion issues on a new vehicle?!?!)
- throttle cutting out at very low speeds - surges. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong
- Soft top makes god awful squeaking noise when down - worn through the felt wear pads
- clock loses 3-4 minutes per week. have to constantly reset (dealer said normal, wouldn't replace)

Clock???? I don't have a clock. I have digital in the cluster and on the Android Auto but no clock. Did I get ripped off? :)

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'm just glad I got the cheapest possible 4 door Jeep. If I was in the 50-60k range, I'd regret not just getting a 4Runner. My Jeep was about 6k cheaper than any 4runner on the Toyota lot, and that's adding mats and sliders and dealer tint lol.
Allegiances change quickly for you if it involves $.

ifonline

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I got a 2021 Rubicon Unlimited in February of this year, and so far I've put about 11,000 miles on it. Most of those miles are from 2 hour or lower round trips, although some of them came from a few long distance trips. So while I haven't racked up the miles that you have, and my Jeep is obviously two years newer, I have run into the following issues:
  1. The windshield gets terribly dirty very easily, and the windshield wipers don't do much to help (unless smearing is supposed to help).
  2. The interior gets dirty and dusty easily, especially when trail riding.
  3. The paint scratches easily when driving in the woods.
  4. We have a gravel driveway and the Falken Wildpeak M/T tires that came on mine pick up and retain gravel each and every time I leave the house. That gravel then gets deposited at high velocity while driving down the freeway, often making noise that scares the crap out of me.
  5. The Jeep is very noisy on the highway at speed, and is very rough when travelling slow.
  6. There is clicking and popping noise coming from the suspension, especially when turning.
But here's the thing: I love it all. I got out of my previous vehicle and into the Rubicon specifically because I wanted a utility vehicle that I knew I could use most anywhere, in most any condition, without worrying about the dirt, the dust, the paint, the squeaks, the rattles... I haven't washed my Jeep in months, which for me is a complete 180 from when I had my car. The Jeep is a different animal, and I'll take it however it comes.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

Low speed surge is fixed with a PCM firmware update and slow clock is fixed with a radio fiemware update.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
WAAAH ! I'm paying $600 a month, and am out of TP !
Jeep courted the Mass Market, a classic " Be Careful what you wish for". Now all the emigres from Honda, Toyota, fill in the blank, are whining and puling because their Jeep Citizenship didn't magically confer the " cool kid " status they craved.
Part and parcel of owning a Jeep Wrangler is that you have to exert EFFORT !! Yes, actual Brain Cell - inciting EFFORT to learn about the vehicle, and - easiest of all, engage the Great Library of Google, to understand and correct before going all Karen about your choices.
Please,please, all you Image Cravers, go back to what ever well- polished Consumer Reports turd you came from, and leave your used JL for the rest of us who know what it is, and how to enjoy it.
Long Story Short ; Jeep Wrang!ers of any Generation require active input, they don't exist to simply carry your Entitlement -Swaddled ads from point A to Mall B.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Jeep courted the Mass Market, a classic " Be Careful what you wish for". Now all the emigres from Honda, Toyota, fill in the blank, are whining and puling because their Jeep Citizenship didn't magically confer the " cool kid " status they craved.
Part and parcel of owning a Jeep Wrangler is that you have to exert EFFORT !! Yes, actual Brain Cell - inciting EFFORT to learn about the vehicle, and - easiest of all, engage the Great Library of Google, to understand and correct before going all Karen about your choices.
Please,please, all you Image Cravers, go back to what ever well- polished Consumer Reports turd you came from, and leave your used JL for the rest of us who know what it is, and how to enjoy it.
Long Story Short ; Jeep Wrang!ers of any Generation require active input, they don't exist to simply carry your Entitlement -Swaddled ads from point A to Mall B.
Slightly harsh, really funny, and straight to the point. “Swaddled ass from point A to Mall B.”<——- Hilarious 😆🤣

OP
OP

Maverick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
four low thank you for adding absolutely nothing, knowing nothing about me, my Jeep history, my vehicle history, or apparently anything at all. This is my 3rd Wrangler, 95 YJ, 2014 JKU and now this flaming piece of 2019 JLU. I do all of my own upgrades, repairs and maintenance on all of my vehicles. Was also a Chrysler and GM dealership trained and certified tech then went independent and was ASE Master Certified for a dozen years before recently switching careers.

I know that Jeeps are compromises. I also know that any modern manufactured vehicle should not be corroding itself apart because the idiot manufacturer didn't prep the body panels correctly prior to painting. According to some posters above that actually contributed to this thread, rather than the drivel that spewed from your keyboard, it appears that a couple of my more frustrating issues may be rectified by going to a more competent dealer. The remaining issues, other than the corrosion, will be fixed by me in short order. Hopefully the dealer and Jeep will do their part on fixing that.

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
...before going all Karen about your choices.
Please,please, all you Image Cravers, go back to what ever well- polished Consumer Reports turd you came from...
Jeep Wranglers of any Generation require active input, they don't exist to simply carry your Entitlement -Swaddled a$s from point A to Mall B.
SAVAGE

My response to the OP: it seems like you have a crappy dealer, not a crappy vehicle. Simple updates / tsb lookup could have fixed your issues. Corrosion is covered under warranty too.