About MetalCloak 2.5 lift for 4XE RUBICON

MHSL

First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE RUBICON
So, has anyone installed this lift? just ordered it with falcon sp 2.1 shocks. Here are two questions
1: What is the net lift since the 4xe sits 1 inch higher than the non-4xe version, hearing Mopar only gets 1 inch net lift
2:Do I have to change a driveshaft with Falcon shocks?
Thanks!!
Sponsored

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Robicon
I didnt measure before and after but I'd bet money I got more like 3" over stock on my Rubicon.
If you are going to wheel with it at all, then get a front driveshaft.

OP
OP

MHSL

First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE RUBICON
I didnt measure before and after but I'd bet money I got more like 3" over stock on my Rubicon.
Thanks!
that's really good to hear:like:

OP
OP

MHSL

First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE RUBICON
Can I ask what shocks are you using? Hearing that Rocksport with MC lift needs a DS because it's almost over 30 inches.
Thanks!

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm using the rocksports.
Somewhere on the first page of the other metalcloak lift thread there is a chart that shows you will need one pretty much no matter what. The trans is a little longer on the 4xe meaning even more angle required for the driveshaft and less clearance to the sway bar (or is it a cross member that it can run into? I don't remember).

It's fine if you areonly going to mall crawl, but if you are planning on taking it down any trails, you will want a driveshaft.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

MHSL

First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE RUBICON
Yeah, I'm using the rocksports.
Somewhere on the first page of the other metalcloak lift thread there is a chart that shows you will need one pretty much no matter what. The trans is a little longer on the 4xe meaning even more angle required for the driveshaft and less clearance to the sway bar (or is it a cross member that it can run into? I don't remember).

It's fine if you areonly going to mall crawl, but if you are planning on taking it down any trails, you will want a driveshaft.
Ok, I guess I have to get a new DS. Thanks
What size are you running for your lift? 35s or 37s? will 35 looks too small in this case?

SSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I also got 2.5" lift from metalcloak. I have 37" Nitto RIdge Grappler, was using them without the lift for nearly 300 miles, absolutely no rubbing while normal driving. In fact I liked the look without the lift as well. 35s might look little small with the lift.

OP
OP

MHSL

First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE RUBICON
I also got 2.5" lift from metalcloak. I have 37" Nitto RIdge Grappler, was using them without the lift for nearly 300 miles, absolutely no rubbing while normal driving. In fact I liked the look without the lift as well. 35s might look little small with the lift.
does 4XE's 2.5 lift mean 3.5 in a regular rubicon ? what is the net lift you get?

SSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Sorry, I didn't measure it. I believe it gave me around 2-3 inch of lift but then 4xe is already sitting an inch higher compared to regular Rubicon.

OP
OP

MHSL

First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE RUBICON
Sorry, I didn't measure it. I believe it gave me around 2-3 inch of lift but then 4xe is already sitting an inch higher compared to regular Rubicon.
Yep, that's the problem. in this case, 4XE's 2.5 lift = rubicon's 3.5 inches, am I right? Did you change the driveshaft and steering stabilizer?

Sponsored

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I guess I have to get a new DS. Thanks
What size are you running for your lift? 35s or 37s? will 35 looks too small in this case?
35s This was immediately after I did the lift. It's settled a little since then.
Jeep Wrangler JL About MetalCloak 2.5 lift for 4XE RUBICON IMG-2015

jax501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLR
I've heard it repeated in these forums, that a 4Xe Rubicon sits higher than a non-4Xe Rubicon.
For what it's worth, I'm not seeing a height difference.
My Rubicon 4Xe is just over 12 months old, so the suspension has had time to settle.
I have a friend who drives a brand new 2-door Willys. Both vehicles are stock. The 2-door Willys sits approximately half an inch lower than my 4Xe Rubicon. His tires measure approximately one inch less in total diameter than mine. The only height difference between his Jeep and mine is the tires. My measurements could be off +/- a quarter of an inch or so. I measured from the asphalt up to the bottom of both of our the driver's doors.
Sponsored