First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
i'll get some pics during the day time tomorrow. keep in mind that the sequential pattern flows differently with headlights off and on
What do you mean?
Sponsored

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
What do you mean?
It’s kinda hard to explain. When the headlights are on, the sequential pattern is more “fluid” than when it’s off. I’ll record some videos in a few.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
It’s kinda hard to explain. When the headlights are on, the sequential pattern is more “fluid” than when it’s off. I’ll record some videos in a few.
Thank you. Really looking forward to it.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I ended up going with the Quake LED version over the AAL. I heard lots of bad feedback with the AAL units, plus they were 10-15 weeks back ordered and I got the quake LEDs in 5 days. I get them installed next week.

Couple things I am not sure about.

1. I know the plastic trim has to be fully removed. Should I have the back fenders removed as well or is that my personal choice from an aesthetic standpoint?

2. Does the whole inner plastic fender covering come out along side the plastic trimming? If so, does this expose anything I should cover?

3. Is there anything I can do to make the side of the exposed fenders less sharp looking?

blackJLURubi

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I ended up going with the Quake LED version over the AAL. I heard lots of bad feedback with the AAL units, plus they were 10-15 weeks back ordered and I got the quake LEDs in 5 days. I get them installed next week.

Couple things I am not sure about.

1. I know the plastic trim has to be fully removed. Should I have the back fenders removed as well or is that my personal choice from an aesthetic standpoint?

2. Does the whole inner plastic fender covering come out along side the plastic trimming? If so, does this expose anything I should cover?

3. Is there anything I can do to make the side of the exposed fenders less sharp looking?
you won't be dissapointed with the quake ones. I almost went with the AAL ones but the wait is too long for me. I kept my stock inner fenders, and just did some trimming/cutting.

sorry, for some reason the picture is uploading sideways

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
you won't be dissapointed with the quake ones. I almost went with the AAL ones but the wait is too long for me. I kept my stock inner fenders, and just did some trimming/cutting.

View attachment 513423
I’m interested in seeing your photo but nothing is coming up.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I ended up going with the Quake LED version over the AAL. I heard lots of bad feedback with the AAL units….
I’ve been following your build and looking forward to seeing what you do with your rig. I’m curious about what bad feedback you heard regarding the AAL units.
I ask because I just helped install a tailgate table from them and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the piece.
It took a while for the table to get here, but it was completely worth the wait.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’ve been following your build and looking forward to seeing what you do with your rig. I’m curious about what bad feedback you heard regarding the AAL units.
I ask because I just helped install a tailgate table from them and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the piece.
It took a while for the table to get here, but it was completely worth the wait.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the company. If anything, most of their products are high end and well fabricated. I think it has to do with who they source the LEDs from at this time on this specific product.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Go quake. The AAL lenses will turn brownish over time. Im gonna switch them out for the RR ones.
Yes sir. Already have the Quakes and they get installed next week. Just going back and forth about the fender trimming.
Sponsored