First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I ordered these for my soon to be 392. Yes they’re back ordered and understand it might be awhile before I actually get them.

Anyone who has these installed can you give me your feedback on them? Anything you don’t like versus factory? I really like the look personally. I will be riding on a pair of BFGoodrich 37X12.50R17 C ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 tires. Mounted, they sit at about 35.5”. Hopefully they don’t look too small with this fendor chop.

Jeep Wrangler JL AAS High-Line Fender Brace with Daytime Running Lights F6A1D1DD-C4EC-4086-A151-DBD2D9E3B7E3
Sponsored

Last edited:

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I love mine! Running stock right now but plan to do the AAL liners when I get bigger tires.

Did you get the bulb out harness as well?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I love mine! Running stock right now but plan to do the AAL liners when I get bigger tires.

Did you get the bulb out harness as well?
That’s good to hear. Yes I purchased the bulb out harness as well. All that I will have left to do is a lift and suspension upgrade at some point to complete the blunt of my upgrades. I’m going to check out the liners right now.

What color inner fender liners are you considering? Looking add them I think I would go with gloss black for my Hydro blue 392.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
That’s good to hear. Yes I purchased the bulb out harness as well. All that I will have left to do is a lift and suspension upgrade at some point to complete the blunt of my upgrades. I’m going to check out the liners right now.

What color inner fender liners are you considering? Looking add them I think I would go with gloss black for my Hydro blue 392.
If you wish to retain the factory windshield washer bottle you’ll need to get the 392/Ecodiesel AAL inner fender liners. If you don’t mind swapping washer bottles to gain some clearance you can run the standard AAL fender liners. Check out this thread for more info on the washer bottle swap:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diesel-windshield-washer-reservoir-relocation.51500/

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon

I'll probably go with satin figure easier to keep cleanish.. lol

I'd suggest getting some finder clips as well. I think I broke about 6 or 8 removing the fenders.

20210418_183153.jpg

20201025_150635.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I'll probably go with satin figure easier to keep cleanish.. lol

I'd suggest getting some finder clips as well. I think I broke about 6 or 8 removing the fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL AAS High-Line Fender Brace with Daytime Running Lights 20201025_150635

Jeep Wrangler JL AAS High-Line Fender Brace with Daytime Running Lights 20201025_150635
Honestly, I’m probably just going to take all my parts I have purchased while waiting for my 392 and have my local guy do it for me.

I put together all of my overlanding gear and did not enjoy the process as I thought I would. I think I wanted to make sure that I could complete the project but during the process the thought kept occurring, I would rather just pay someone to do this for me so I can go enjoy camping. Haha.

Good news my 392 is on a rail car to the dealer as we speak :)

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’v been running this set up for over two years now. My favorite were the first gen 3D printed DRL’s, since then I’ve had the lights swapped out two times due to issues with them; however, AAL customer service has always gone above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. I would definitely recommend these lights. Just know that if they go out, you’ll be driving around with no turn signals for about a week or so.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’v been running this set up for over two years now. My favorite were the first gen 3D printed DRL’s, since then I’ve had the lights swapped out two times due to issues with them; however, AAL customer service has always gone above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. I would definitely recommend these lights. Just know that if they go out, you’ll be driving around with no turn signals for about a week or so.
That’s good to know. Have they made any changes to their vendor or the part in the last two years?

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
I had one of mine go out but they sent me a replacement super quick. customer service is top notch. having said that, I'm not a big fan of their sequential pattern. I thought I liked them at first but never really got into it. on top of that, the white lens stained to a light brownish color. I can't get them to the original white.

I'm in the process of switching out with anyone that have their stock led rubi fenders for mines.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I had one of mine go out but they sent me a replacement super quick. customer service is top notch. having said that, I'm not a big fan of their sequential pattern. I thought I liked them at first but never really got into it. on top of that, the white lens stained to a light brownish color. I can't get them to the original white.

I'm in the process of switching out with anyone that have their stock led rubi fenders for mines.
Interesting. Good to know.

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Can these be wired just for turn signal use, not DRL?

traxtion

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Manual Rubicon
Recommend you get the AAL retention hardware that replaces the fender clips. Makes it easier to to take the fender on and off if you need to and the plastic clips will be weaker when you reinstall the fender. Something like $50 for a set. I installed their fender liners myself and it was a bit more of a pain than expected so definitely recommend setting aside a whole day or paying someone like you suggested above!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

Could you send a video of both the color stain and the sequential if you have a chance I just wanna see what you’re talking about.

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
Could you send a video of both the color stain and the sequential if you have a chance I just wanna see what you’re talking about.
i'll get some pics during the day time tomorrow. keep in mind that the sequential pattern flows differently with headlights off and on
Sponsored