First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just as the title says. Does anyone have an opinion between the American Adventure Labs MASS cargo shelf and the vector off-road highland platform cargo shelf? The vector is the same price as the American adventure labs if you add the cargo net with it.

AAS Shelf
Vector Off Road Shelf
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I looked at both and picked the vector ggb. Mine is the full steel one though not the aluminum platform. It’s rock solid. No rattle. If you go vector make sure you put side brackets on Jeep roll bars first, then attach the platform second - otherwise it will be VERY frustrating to get the lower bolts into the roll bar. This only applies if yiuve got the platform that has 3 inch high walls on three sides and a bar around the top perimeter. If you go with the lighter version with low 1 inch walls and. no bar then I would put the brackets on the platform first. Also helps if youve got a second person to hold it up while you bolt on in either version. Or I guess a car jack if youre solo.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I looked at both and picked the vector ggb. Mine is the full steel one though not the aluminum platform. It’s rock solid. No rattle. If you go vector make sure you put side brackets on Jeep roll bars first, then attach the platform second - otherwise it will be VERY frustrating to get the lower bolts into the roll bar. This only applies if yiuve got the platform that has 3 inch high walls on three sides and a bar around the top perimeter. If you go with the lighter version with low 1 inch walls and. no bar then I would put the brackets on the platform first. Also helps if youve got a second person to hold it up while you bolt on in either version. Or I guess a car jack if youre solo.
How did you get the steel one? Thanks for the tip. When you say lighter version I assume your referring to the aluminum version?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
They had a steel option at the time and yes, now Aluminum.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the Vector Highland shelf and am happy with it. Easy to install and no rattles. Just note that they come bare metal and not powder coated as shown on the web site.

Sponsored

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The vector rack sits up higher which is good since I'm not putting anything big up there. Want the space below it. Only pic I have with version 1 of my platform that's getting reworked when I have more time.

tempImage8P18O0.png

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
I have the Vector GGB with the powder coat. Very well made and no rattles also you can adjust the height on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL AAS Brand VS Vector Brand Cargo Shelf 20210513_170816