Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm exploring a fender chop, but don't want to lose that recognizable JL LED fender light look. I already have the led lighting group on my JLUR, so no concerns with switching from halogens.

I've read and watched all the individual propaganda, but I'd put more value on any comments and insight you guys and gals may have. Any preference to one over the other? And why?

Thanks in advance, fellow Jeepers!
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I'm exploring a fender chop, but don't want to lose that recognizable JL LED fender light look. I already have the led lighting group on my JLUR, so no concerns with switching from halogens.

I've read and watched all the individual propaganda, but I'd put more value on any comments and insight you guys and gals may have. Any preference to one over the other? And why?

Thanks in advance, fellow Jeepers!
We have the AAL and I love them. They are great quality and look terrific. We also got their inner fender liner too. A good friend has they quake and speaks very highly of them as well. I don’t think you can go wrong with either product. We love Brit and the guys at AAL and like supporting the little guys too

Brett

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have the AAL and I love them. They are great quality and look terrific. We also got their inner fender liner too. A good friend has they quake and speaks very highly of them as well. I don’t think you can go wrong with either product. We love Brit and the guys at AAL and like supporting the little guys too

Brett
considering the quake pieces came out well after AALs sema debut, i would go with the original made in america piece from AAL instead of using quake who seems to be ripping shit off with chinese imports.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Brett and Lunch box!

I agree with supporting the smaller US companies whenever possible. Brings to mind the custom hitch cover that I got from Kempter Kustoms. Well worth checking out their wide array of designs. They had a few that made for a hard decision, but ended up with the "bearded punisher warrior" in subdued american flag powdercoat.

It does seem like there's a bit more quality with AAL, as far as the bracket and the plastic lens they chose.

More the merrier, if anyone else would like to add?

Thanks, Jeepers!

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It does seem like there's a bit more quality with AAL,
id also like to add that after ripping the wires out of the weather pack connector for my AAL kit, through a complete fault of my own, they had a replacement in the mail in less than 36 hours.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
id also like to add that after ripping the wires out of the weather pack connector for my AAL kit, through a complete fault of my own, they had a replacement in the mail in less than 36 hours.
Nice! Always great to hear about a company that is thinking about the long game. Thanks!

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Always great to hear about a company that is thinking about the long game. Thanks!
this was only my third transaction with him, but he seems to be handling his business affairs very well.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I have the LED package on mine, would the AAL kit cause a "bulb out" error to come on?

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LED package on mine, would the AAL kit cause a "bulb out" error to come on?
I believe it would, even for us with the led lighting group. There's a notation in the AAL led product description that mentions a way to fix that for those that already own the Tazer. For those that dont, they more recently came out with an inline plug-in harness that is sold separately but was showing out of stock as of yesterday.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
they used to,

im happy to report that the AAL new lights do not blink fast or cause any other issues with my LED optioned JL. im running the OG lights with his "adapter" plug and they are working well. it did take a few key cycles for the jeep to recognize the new kit, but the fast flash and warning went away after a day of normal DD use. im under the impression that if you order a kit now, they have these built in.

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it would, even for us with the led lighting group. There's a notation in the AAL led product description that mentions a way to fix that for those that already own the Tazer. For those that dont, they more recently came out with an inline plug-in harness that is sold separately but was showing out of stock as of yesterday.
all that matches my understanding as well. i do not have a tazer, so i cannot confirm personally, but ive heard plenty of success stories.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
all that matches my understanding as well. i do not have a tazer, so i cannot confirm personally, but ive heard plenty of success stories.
The Tazer is a worthwhile piece to have in ones artillery, especially Rubicon owners. It not only allows for tire size and tpms adjustments, but also opens up the ability of using rear lockers in 2wd, front and rear in 4hi, sway bar disco in all driving modes and speeds, and full traction control kill.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer is a worthwhile piece to have in ones artillery, especially Rubicon owners. It not only allows for tire size and tpms adjustments, but also opens up the ability of using rear lockers in 2wd, front and rear in 4hi, sway bar disco in all driving modes and speeds, and full traction control kill.
i have the flash cal now and i hate it. but im a little weary of the tazer that stays plugged in all the time. i have fears it staying on draining batteries. i'm not too hard up for those features. i need to figure out some electrical gremlins first, before i jump into more electronic "fixes"

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i have the flash cal now and i hate it. but im a little weary of the tazer that stays plugged in all the time. i have fears it staying on draining batteries. i'm not too hard up for those features. i need to figure out some electrical gremlins first, before i jump into more electronic "fixes"
Knock on wood, I haven't had a single hiccup over the last 8 months and 12k+ miles. Still, I can't help but to walk on eggshells when it comes to the mods that, even to the slightest degree, are invasive to sensors and/or the electrical system. The Tazer was the first of that kind and made me contimplate for a minute of becoming religious and lighting a prayer candle before plugging it in. Alas, all went well. More recently, there was an update that fixed any overnight battery drainage issues. 30 seconds after the engine is killed and the door is opened, the unit goes into sleep mode and is confirmed by an led light going dark. Also, it only gets left in for "live features" like ess kill and locker controls. If just wanting tire size updates and adjusting the tpms, it gets unplugged after the changes.

I hope you can get those gremlins sorted asap!

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Knock on wood, I haven't had a single hiccup over the last 8 months and 12k+ miles. Still, I can't help but to walk on eggshells when it comes to the mods that, even to the slightest degree, are invasive to sensors and/or the electrical system. The Tazer was the first of that kind and made me contimplate for a minute of becoming religious and lighting a prayer candle before plugging it in. Alas, all went well. More recently, there was an update that fixed any overnight battery drainage issues. 30 seconds after the engine is killed and the door is opened, the unit goes into sleep mode and is confirmed by an led light going dark. Also, it only gets left in for "live features" like ess kill and locker controls. If just wanting tire size updates and adjusting the tpms, it gets unplugged after the changes.

I hope you can get those gremlins sorted asap!
ok, i didnt know some of that.

def considering it more now
Sponsored