Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
American Adventure Labs says on their website they think their light kits might work with one piece sport fenders but haven't tried it. So I thought I'd give it a try and I'm very pleased. It took a bit of fitting but I think they came out great. The contour is not exact but not off enough to be obvious. The trick is to trim the fender up high so it removes all of the opening for the original lights and it leaves a straight edge. Being the front edge is cut up a little high, I did add a couple of washers to the front bracket to tilt the light up a bit in front so it had a better fit with the fender.

So before anyone asks:
I don't like the raised Rubicon fenders so I trimmed my sport fenders. I like the symmetrical look front to rear.

Yes I get the hyper flash for the directional indicators and the bulb out warning. But I have a Tazer light and have to see if that will fix it or if I have to upgrade to a full Tazer or not bother - it doesn't really bother me.

Rough trimming of the fender

fMC14GXWsAgZG2PqElFvoaetQUhr1ynMyOXBVvPLYNe0DOiGPTVcP3guwdHMJ7Zw5sjNUKlX8ZO2dc7_bLw=w788-h590-no.jpg

BKAEK4nfOjV2IWK4ENmkzFZjVqL9ecD-wPmgvD6BxeMOufkKuI6BebPmgSmVFAQhin4tJGJCkf1hphzNXqT=w788-h590-no.jpg

At first I just trimmed across the existing light opening, but that didn't look good at all

0bj23fP2E1htr-o-0_TBMZRajsSzvf8wyXjIL769XakKX9lngjtuLTXdO4yJwOgJjSjWmsyYt8AkhTBgqb4=w788-h590-no.jpg

-ic1BPFu7ReNp3TM-eC_P0AXOXoEW-QOMK76VUQAzyue0q7zDCkfbl2dxrJxJRLste9A7wqTsjQdXHKy9TQ=w788-h590-no.jpg

rI5d1YjUGbJtOctGkYi5i97kkcDkN6QcD16XxCyK3E7oGuUyffZLj3EmcAIlqx3L-Eci7cRdmQd_-CH-XlM=w788-h590-no.jpg

Trimming higher let it fit much better

IZIjFChzCvMcA3IvdX7mAhDePZ1m8ucchDD2iH9jVNjSUiC_t-gfpXvOubfM9L1QkNHM7DABqHmdgT9Cxs0=w788-h590-no.jpg

Zi-k-fWx4au147bTWE8q-e0pEGAqytRmwdOMg6EGBaIr3LYuTcl6ODXYAxq6kP6nA-fCNoIgLBkqlxmjmTa=w788-h590-no.jpg

DPQkGfi-y5_-qyGff80wl5g2S5cWrnLXNjZW3_qS0g-jL9ZeYPErIdNWryezhiPqAJVkYsP2h0bhtmdHmbt=w788-h590-no.jpg

nxIVad2DijN9kk4HmDuSeWdAu_aM8coj8wjnlf568hi-KGJC2lwusLKNYVOFKrd47DfKFuvk0AAtlqjM-Qk=w788-h590-no.jpg

Even having trimmed the lower lips off the fenders and trimming for the lights, I am still able to run the inner fenders. They are bolted on top with the two original bolts, one push pin at the lower rear and one at the lower front.

-UzZwdT-zJF18bZmtxAFD3Jq5fArV5XXqpQ61G1GOV6RTm96HXvBn9_ovJrPVRlybr6FIJqtN3h_f5Rpwab=w788-h590-no.jpg

XQxIQ4rIcKJri-Iq8OheKL48yLfOUP1-z5QQp5A3dPwK12I8PhTpcbKyjhp_sTEZQGFqXSebtQChyueBkX-=w788-h590-no.jpg
Sponsored

Chrishegs27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Looks great! Excited to see if the taser light works to fix the hyper flash and bulb out indicator. Since you still have the stock halogen headlights any chance you could take a picture to see how the lights look while both on?

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
What tool did you use to cut the fenders ? would a sharp razor blade knife do the job ?

edit - looking on their site to order it asks if you have a rubicon or Sahara . which did you order ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What tool did you use to cut the fenders ? would a sharp razor blade knife do the job ?

edit - looking on their site to order it asks if you have a rubicon or Sahara . which did you order ?
Sahara/Moab

I used a 4" angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to rough it in then used a right angle die grinder with a 2" sanding disc to contour the edges. Then followed up with 80 grit on a hard sanding block to straighten and smooth the edge. I don't think I'd try to use a knife, not a lot of control. Better off with a jig saw or even a vibratory saw.

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
looks badass. how are you liking the set up? I've been wanting to do this for awhile but afraid to mess it up. do the AAL lights work as DRLs with the sport?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
looks badass. how are you liking the set up? I've been wanting to do this for awhile but afraid to mess it up. do the AAL lights work as DRLs with the sport?
Very happy with them. No they don't work as DRL as the sport doesn't have that feature anyway.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Thank you for posting this!! I’m about to try it!
Sponsored