Sponsored

AAL High-Line Fender Lights

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I don't think this is a widespread issue. I would let it hold you back. I would caution you about the newest version being much dimmer than the prior version. I have been pretty upset with how dim mine are and have continued to follow up with AAL about a version that they are working on to correct the dimness issue people contninue to have. To give you an idea, when driving during the middle of the day, it is hard to tell if they are even on... very frustrating. If i were to do it over again, i would go quake.

I have been watching this thread and all the errors and issues really suck. I wanted to do this mod and inner fender liners next but all the problems keep me from doing it.
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I have been watching this thread and all the errors and issues really suck. I wanted to do this mod and inner fender liners next but all the problems keep me from doing it.
I’ve been running the fender chop lights for almost two years. Initially I did have the bulb out issue, but the bulb out connector took care of that issue.
I did have one of my lights go out, but it was quickly taken care of by AAL, mind you this was the 3D printed version. I’d definitely recommend these lights, I can also vouch for the awesome customer service AAL provides. Rest assured that they will help you out with any issues.

blkvirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler JLUR
How long did it take for everyone to receive their high-lines? I placed my order about 5 weeks ago.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Mine took about 6 to 7 weeks. The bad thing about the wait is it would have been nice to work on the Jeep in late August weather than the cold of mid October.

bull1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Does anyone know if the rubicon high line fender lights work on a Sahara? A buddy of Mine is selling his rubicon fender lights and I have a Sahara. On the website there is an option to purchase one or the other, so not sure if they would work. Thx

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
Does anyone know if the rubicon high line fender lights work on a Sahara? A buddy of Mine is selling his rubicon fender lights and I have a Sahara. On the website there is an option to purchase one or the other, so not sure if they would work. Thx
AAL uses a different bracket for the LED light, you’ll need the Sahara/sport etc bracket in order for it to be compatible with your rig.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I don't think this is a widespread issue. I would let it hold you back. I would caution you about the newest version being much dimmer than the prior version. I have been pretty upset with how dim mine are and have continued to follow up with AAL about a version that they are working on to correct the dimness issue people contninue to have. To give you an idea, when driving during the middle of the day, it is hard to tell if they are even on... very frustrating. If i were to do it over again, i would go quake.
How are the AALs holding up for you? Would you still go with Quake if you could do it all over again?

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I would 100% go with quake. The AAL are so dim you can't even tell they are on during the day. Once I have the chance, I will sell mine and order some Quake. Quake are also local in the Denver area which I appreciate.

How are the AALs holding up for you? Would you still go with Quake if you could do it all over again?

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
I would 100% go with quake. The AAL are so dim you can't even tell they are on during the day. Once I have the chance, I will sell mine and order some Quake. Quake are also local in the Denver area which I appreciate.
What version of the AAL’s do you have? I know they switched the LED’s a few times. Nothing compares to the first gen 3D printed ones tho. I haven’t noticed any issues with their brightness, which would be noticeable here in SoCal.

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I just emailed AAL about my order, been waiting almost 8 weeks. Would hate to receive and perform install only to find they are dim. If they know about this they should not be selling these.

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
I just emailed AAL about my order, been waiting almost 8 weeks. Would hate to receive and perform install only to find they are dim. If they know about this they should not be selling these.
Plug them in before you do the install. I agree that it would blow to install them only to find them not be what you expected.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Glad I cancelled my AAL order. I have the Quakes ready to install. I’m slightly nervous about getting rid of the plastic trim on the sides. Does it look weird and would it be smart to also remove the back fender plastic trim? Should I add fender liners to replace the factory plastic?

I was waiting about 10 weeks and cancelled my order with AAL. Ordered the Quake LEDs and got them in 5 days. I’m supposed to have them installed next week.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My AAL lights still working great 1.5 years going. After splitting the fenders you will want after market inner fenders etc. plan accordingly lol

41B87820-948A-4C54-A85C-606FD9793566.jpeg

BA141016-CDB9-4050-AFD4-5DA93CF2280D.jpeg

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My AAL lights still working great 1.5 years going. After splitting the fenders you will want after market inner fenders etc. plan accordingly lol

Jeep Wrangler JL AAL High-Line Fender Lights BA141016-CDB9-4050-AFD4-5DA93CF2280D

Jeep Wrangler JL AAL High-Line Fender Lights BA141016-CDB9-4050-AFD4-5DA93CF2280D
They look yellow? I just ordered and asked about the yellowing and they said they're coming out with another LED to deal with it. I suggested smoked lenses. Lol.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
They look yellow? I just ordered and asked about the yellowing and they said they're coming out with another LED to deal with it. I suggested smoked lenses. Lol.
I’ve gone thru three sets. My second set turned yellow green. AAL swapped it out no issues. I’ve been running my current set for almost a year and I haven’t noticed any yellowing, Probably just jinxed them tho. :headbang:
Sponsored