Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hello everyone,

So I am about 90% on the American Adventure Labs (AAL) duel ARB compressor mount and remote bracket. The only thing holding be back from that extra 10% is a concern about heat build up. From what I can gather, adding the remote bracket, and therefore relocating the compressors filters, appears to solve at least a bit of the issue.

I'm wondering, from those with this exact set up or that are just running the compressor mount without the relocation/remote bracket...Any issues with heat? Noise? functionality? I have read a few threads about people voicing concerns about heat but haven't stumbled upon anyone actually using it.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Hello everyone,

So I am about 90% on the American Adventure Labs (AAL) duel ARB compressor mount and remote bracket. The only thing holding be back from that extra 10% is a concern about heat build up. From what I can gather, adding the remote bracket, and therefore relocating the compressors filters, appears to solve at least a bit of the issue.

I'm wondering, from those with this exact set up or that are just running the compressor mount without the relocation/remote bracket...Any issues with heat? Noise? functionality? I have read a few threads about people voicing concerns about heat but haven't stumbled upon anyone actually using it.

Thanks in advance!
All the people who voice the concerns about heat are the ones who aren't using it. The people who use it have said it is nothing to worry about. I have a kit on order, but haven't received it yet. I will probably eventually make a floor with an access door just so I can change a fuse or check on things if needed w/o completely removing eveything. I had a friend who did this style of mount on a JK and he never had issues with heating; plus he towed a trailer so filling six 37s from 5-10psi to 30psi the compressor definitely got warm, but nothing that was a problem

A lot of the parts they have in stock, but not painted so things that are "backordered" aren't far out. The battery, if you're going to do that, is far out for them. But 4WP is the national distributor and they have them in stock (currently) so you can just order it from 4WP. I wouldn't recommend 4WP for much, but for Odyssey batteries they have the best prices and stock. ARB Twins are on a national backorder. I know Explore Outdoor US has some coming in soon, is a tax free state w/ free shipping. Hard to beat that in the price department. Plus portion of all their proceeds goes to fighting childhood cancer. Talked to the owner a few times, a really good guy and excellent customer service.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I just finished installing the kit... let me say this: it is sweet as hell. BUT you pay for every bit of it with the install. Install is a mother fucker. If you’re going to run air lockers off it, it will be even harder. I didnt

Can’t speak to the heat buildup yet. But it’s far better than an under hood location where it would be heat soaked before you even start to use it if you’ve been driving first. (Such as airing up after wheeling)

So yeah, if you can get past the install it’s pretty damn sweet. If you’re not handy be prepared to pay a hefty bill to have this put in. Correctly at least.

If you are handy be prepared to spend a ton of time putting it in. I probably legit spent over 20+ hours on mine but I did a couple extras too...

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
A couple other considerations:

A) Taking off the hardtop will be a total bitch now.

B) Fitting all the lines under the factory interior is far easier than it sounds.

C) Have a dremel and lots of cutoff wheels and you can’t be afraid to use them on your interior.

D) Only way around all this cutting (which also solves the airflow to compressor issue) is their aluminum floor option. Very nice but also very expensive. They don’t mention this anywhere on their website but the kit is almost impossible to install without their floor. I did it, but cut up a ton of the interior in the cargo area of the Jeep to do it. I’ll try and post a few pics tomorrow. It’s doable with the factory rear floor; but not perfect or easy.

E) I give this install 8/10 wife bitchings. 😂

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tpom

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

All the people who voice the concerns about heat are the ones who aren't using it. The people who use it have said it is nothing to worry about. I have a kit on order, but haven't received it yet. I will probably eventually make a floor with an access door just so I can change a fuse or check on things if needed w/o completely removing eveything. I had a friend who did this style of mount on a JK and he never had issues with heating; plus he towed a trailer so filling six 37s from 5-10psi to 30psi the compressor definitely got warm, but nothing that was a problem

A lot of the parts they have in stock, but not painted so things that are "backordered" aren't far out. The battery, if you're going to do that, is far out for them. But 4WP is the national distributor and they have them in stock (currently) so you can just order it from 4WP. I wouldn't recommend 4WP for much, but for Odyssey batteries they have the best prices and stock. ARB Twins are on a national backorder. I know Explore Outdoor US has some coming in soon, is a tax free state w/ free shipping. Hard to beat that in the price department. Plus portion of all their proceeds goes to fighting childhood cancer. Talked to the owner a few times, a really good guy and excellent customer service.
Thank you, that helps! I'll check out 4WP and explore outdoor. Wasn't planning on adding the aux battery for now, maybe down the line. Thinking a portable option for my aux battery might work better for my needs.

OP
OP
Tpom

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

A couple other considerations:

A) Taking off the hardtop will be a total bitch now.

B) Fitting all the lines under the factory interior is far easier than it sounds.

C) Have a dremel and lots of cutoff wheels and you can’t be afraid to use them on your interior.

D) Only way around all this cutting (which also solves the airflow to compressor issue) is their aluminum floor option. Very nice but also very expensive. They don’t mention this anywhere on their website but the kit is almost impossible to install without their floor. I did it, but cut up a ton of the interior in the cargo area of the Jeep to do it. I’ll try and post a few pics tomorrow. It’s doable with the factory rear floor; but not perfect or easy.

E) I give this install 8/10 wife bitchings. 😂
Thank you for the information, very helpful!

I was thinking that was the case with running the lines from that location. I was planning to install there floor eventually, especially since they are coming out with an addon to extend it into the 60% seat location. Maybe it will be best to just do it all at once. Looking forward to seeing some photos.
Sponsored