Not open for further replies.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
A member posted this on another forum. That is his stock JK Sahara next to a Bronco Badlands 2-door.

The first thing that struck me how small Bronco's wheels, tires and wheel wells look next to JK's.

Dennis Woods says in his video that his Bronco Badlands came with 29-inch tires. That seems a bit small in this day and age. Most JLs come with 32s. Even my Tacoma TRD OR came with 30s. I wonder what is the largest tire you can fit on a Bronco before it starts rubbing.

1628269041809.png
Dennis was wrong in his video, the Badlands he was driving actually comes with 285/70/17s. So stock Rubicon size
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Custom Jeep Builder

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
You're the first person who I have seen that prefers the Bronco's 10 speed over the JL's 8 speed.
They need more seat time. The trans is very much adaptive and learns from your habits. I wasnt immediately a fan, but except for one case of studder shift (when I was driving unlike myself) it is really nice.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
This^^^^ I wish I could give 10 thumbs up. People fail to realize competition is good! I love my Wrangler as much as anybody in here loves theirs. With that being said, if my Jeep got wrecked tomorrow I would think about the things I love most about it ( opening it up and trailing) and if the Bronco made those things better? Hey guess what? FCA never paid my mortgage.
I don't see or hear a lot of hatred from jeep owners about the bronco, what I hear is reactions from Jeep people to the Onslaught of shit talking coming from future Bronco reservationist. You want to see hatred, go check out this post on Bronco6 or any post for that matter.

Remember it was Bronco who started this competition war that shouldn't be. And thankfully I am here because of it. For us it is good, for them...no so much

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
I don't see or hear a lot of hatred from jeep owners about the bronco, what I hear is reactions from Jeep people to the Onslaught of shit talking coming from future Bronco reservationist. You want to see hatred, go check out this post on Bronco6 or any post for that matter.

Remember it was Bronco who started this competition war that shouldn't be. And thankfully I am here because of it. For us it is good, for them...no so much
Sorry, quoted the wrong thread, but you get my drift

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
OP. . . nice write up man. you have some awesome looking builds on your website. very cool.

I still haven't seen the inside in person of the bronco. I'm always to lazy to stop. I do have to make it a point to stop next time I see one on a dealer lot.

Sponsored

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Nice review. The Bronco had me really intrigued when they first released it. I owned a GT500, 2013 Raptor, and a 2018 Raptor before buying my Jeep. My first car was a Ford Lightning and had an F250 mixed in between all those. I still kind of consider myself a "Ford-Guy" (even though now I own a Jeep and a Cadillac). I might check out a Bronco when they're readily available in a couple years or however long that takes. I'd upgrade to a 392 before any Bronco trim that's available right now.

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
I'm in the camp where it doesn't matter how rough the Wrangler is, I love it and that is what I want it to be. The Bronc looks boring, I don't like the interior, it doesn't look good with the top off.

I did road trip my Wrangler. I drove it from Minnesota to California. Drove it from Colorado to California. Colorado to Texas, ect. It was a glorious, loud, slightly wiggly fun raw journey.

This is just my opinion of course. The Bronc will steal away Wrangler owners that want those manners and still keep the offroadability :like: They can have it! I will keep my body on frame solid axle Wrangler, and if the JL is the last of that breed well... Looks like I'm gonna have to keep myself in used JLs!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

Some people are so stupid. What ever happened to "you like what you like and I'll like what I like"? It's the same bullcrap with sports teams which is why I never go into NFL chat rooms or such.
What I like about this forum is we're actually a pretty tight community with minimum jerks in here.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Some people are so stupid. What ever happened to "you like what you like and I'll like what I like"? It's the same bullcrap with sports teams which is why I never go into NFL chat rooms or such.
What I like about this forum is we're actually a pretty tight community with minimum jerks in here.
Well said Steve, but the Cowboys are better than the Giants ;)

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I really don't understand the hatred and butthurtedness that Jeep people seem to have about the Bronco. It's the same in my local Jeep FB group.

No one denies that FCA has gotten complacent with the Jeep, specifically the Wrangler, in terms of innovation, design, features, pricing, options, damn near everything. They've gotten complacent because they knew that the only "competition" they've faced for years was the 4runner, and even that's not exactly what I would consider "competition".

So now there's a new player on the field. Different, absolutely, but also coming from Ford, which has the scale and resources to really put the hurt on FCA's sales if they want. So now Jeep is a bit worried, "Oh no, there's a new horse in the stable" (haha, yeah, I had to).

As Jeep enthusiasts, you should be cheering and rooting for the Bronco to be AMAZING. Bronco's success can only bring GOOD things to Jeep (and thus, to you). It will pressure Jeep to do things like the Xtreme Recon package, be more aggressive in price, features, options, innovation, etc.

There's no world in which the Bronco being successful has a negative impact on the Jeep community in any way that matters.
As a 4xe owner, I disagree. The innovation Jeep has done with the integration of electric and ICE is amazing. Cutting edge innovation IMHO.

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Well said Steve, but the Cowboys are better than the Giants ;)
Hahahaha Jason, I’ve lived in NYC my entire life but have been a fan of the Niners since the Montana days. Good rivalry with the Cowboys back in the 90’s. Good luck this year buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.