Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So, what do you call Bronco fan? A Bronchitis...?
Sponsored

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Bronco covers 99.5% of my off-roading needs... but I must say I'm shallow and looks matter a lot to me. I don't like the look of the Bronco, not one bit !

My Wrangler is a work of art in my eyes. I never get tired of looking at it... and I look at it every chance I have. My eyes wander after each Wrangler I encounter.

The Bronco is a boxy, off-road capable SUV. For me it would be similar to my Outback. Something that does its job very well, but nothing to gawk at.

Since I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I get it that for some, the Bronco's boxy shape is a work of art. I totally understand why people want it. Plenty people love the Honda Element shape.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I believe the the Bronco has it's place in the market. I agree that it's not competition. The people that leave Wrangler for it are the same people that just want to look cool in the local parking lot. Wranglers, and Wrangler owners are a different breed. I love my Rubicon, and plan on keeping it for a long time. I've driven it on 15 hour trips, and loved doing it. Some people complain how the Wrangler drives, and they expect too much out of a solid front axle vehicle. They will be the Bronco buyers. I have two Jeeps in my garage, and wouldn't trade for two new Broncos even if they paid me boot. It's not just a Jeep. It's a way of life.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The Bronco covers 99.5% of my off-roading needs... but I must say I'm shallow and looks matter a lot to me. I don't like the look of the Bronco, not one bit !

My Wrangler is a work of art in my eyes. I never get tired of looking at it... and I look at it every chance I have. My eyes wander after each Wrangler I encounter.

The Bronco is a boxy, off-road capable SUV. For me it would be similar to my Outback. Something that does its job very well, but nothing to gawk at.

Since I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I get it that for some, the Bronco's boxy shape is a work of art. I totally understand why people want it. Plenty people love the Honda Element shape.

Hell, I just stand in the garage and look at my Wrangler. When I let the dogs out at night before I good to bed I just stare like like Ferris Bueller in the art museum. Truth be told, I might actually tell it good night before I close the door. lol

OP
OP
The Custom Jeep Builder

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
Thank you for the review.

He also appears to infer that all Rubicon owners are extreme off-roaders. That’s not true, either. Not by a long shot.

I am the OP and definitely never said all Rubi owners were extreme.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am the OP and definitely never said all Rubi owners were extreme.
In your own words:

"In my opinion, most Wrangler sport/sahara owners that test drive a Bronco (if they like the looks of it) will strongly consider moving to a Bronco. Rightfully so. Rubicon owners like myself (ones that use them to the extreme) will stay put."​

What I get from that is that Sport and Sahara owners like myself are more impressionable --and presumable don't know any better-- thus will be more easily swayed by Bronco, while Rubicon owners like yourself won't --again, presumably, because you know better.

Right...

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
In your own words:

"In my opinion, most Wrangler sport/sahara owners that test drive a Bronco (if they like the looks of it) will strongly consider moving to a Bronco. Rightfully so. Rubicon owners like myself (ones that use them to the extreme) will stay put."​

What I get from that is that Sport and Sahara owners like myself are more impressionable --and presumable don't know any better-- thus will be more easily swayed by Bronco, while Rubicon owners like yourself won't --again, presumably, because you know better.

Right...
I read that as “Rubicon owners who use it to the extreme - like myself....” not that Rubicon owners inherently are all like him and won’t switch. Could just be a different way of reading that sentence in your head. And I don’t take away a condescending attitude towards sport/sahara owners like you do. I just read that as most sport/sahara owners have different priorities than rubicon owners, priorities like on-road comfort, and the Bronco addresses those.

But I guess if you’re looking for something to be offended about you can pretty much find that in anything you read. Like wesley snipes said in blade, some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
From everything I’m reading the Bronco competes well in most areas except for rock crawling and interior finish(excluding the seats). Let the race begin….competition is Great! Would I buy a Bronco….not at this point.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have a 2021 Sport S JLU, so I have the upgraded steering box. I have no complaints about the drivability of mine on the road. It's not a BMW, but it works fine for me. I haven't driven a pre-2021 JLU to know how those feel on the road.

I'd look at a Bronco maybe in a few years just for titters and snorts, but I would *never* buy a 1st-year vehicle and especially not one from Ford.

I have yet to see a new Bronco in the flesh, but in pictures it looks huge compared to the Wrangler. Maybe it's just the boxier front end but I think the JLU is already plenty big as it is.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You're the first person who I have seen that prefers the Bronco's 10 speed over the JL's 8 speed.
Yup. TFL spent a bit of time on this: they found the Ford 10-speed wasn’t as refined or as well calibrated as the Jeep 8-speed.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I came from an Outback 3.6R to my 2021 JLU Sport S and am I crazy for thinking it handles really good on the highway and daily driving? Before I bought this Jeep I feel like people made it seem like the damn vehicle was going to fly off the road I didn’t know what to expect. :LOL:

Every highway trip I’ve done so far has been a pleasant smooth ride. Absolutely zero complaints.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
I've owned lots of vehicles that go fast on the freeway. And the Bronco isn't any of them. Enjoy your station wagon. On your station wagon forum.

dgcqEzDRISWtXPNektvxMiQhCZZ7UwgWnaorymrSE&usqp=CAU.jpg

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Does anyone see Ford putting out large incentives for Jeep owners to switch over in the next 12 or 24 months? I have no intentions. Absolutely love my new Rubi, but seems like a strong campaign to take some segment share.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Rattling trim panels drive me batshit, it's a shame they went thin cheap plastic, I can't imagine it holding up well to camping, dogs, kids etc.

On a tangent, does anyone else think the Bronco looks like an international scout?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.