Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I hope Bronco captures the angry grill and duck demographic.
Stick with me here, because there is a relative point.

My mother-in-law just recently bought a condo. The previous owner must've forgotten obout the several large boxes in the attic, and apparently there's no forwarding address. They were all filled with old school girls dolls and toys. Each one in its own protective box, if not still in the original packaging. Obviously, a collector. Amongst them were about 30-40 colorful My Little Pony horse things. F'ing creepy the way they just stand there smiling with those eyes that follow you around the room. Anyways, when 2nd mom was asking whatever should she do with them, I couldn't help but thinking about putting them on Broncos that I might eventually see out in the wild. "Ponying", it'll be called. I think we're stuck with the ducking.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
According to posts on Bronco6G, it appears to be much more serious than that: Bronco production is being mothballed. Broncoā€™s painting area is being sand bagged, and the assembly line will be put to making Rangers for the rest of 2021.

Meanwhile, Broncoā€™s hardtop will be redesigned.
I just watched an IG video this morning of a few thousand finished Broncos sitting in a lot. Thousands of them. Must be waiting on chips. There was all kinds. Unfortunately, I cannot find the video to link here.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
There's much more to redesign than just the engine. Suspension tweaks for the 392 and battery-placement, wiring, larger transmission, etc... for the 4xe. Heck, the 4xe might be a more complex change to the JL than the Bronco is from the Ranger.

The excuses listed on this forum (Covid, Chip shortage, etc....) affect ALL vehicles produced. The design and pre launch planning should have been done BEFORE covid ever happened. It's purely a drop of the ball between engineering and manufacturing. Whoever was in charge of this launch failed miserably.
I get your point, and I agree that Ford messed up at multiple junctures of the Bronco's development. But I can't in my right mind agree that launching a new power plant on an existing vehicle is just as complicated as launching a brand-new vehicle, even if one of the new plants is electric.

Also, as someone else pointed out, Bronco is on the new Ranger platform, not the one that's already out there.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As of this week there is an estimated 3,000 to 4,000 Broncos being held up outside of the plant. Ford is admitting to "hardtop problems," but is really hard to know for sure what else might be happening.

Earlier this week, someone on Bronco6G leaked an internal document showing that Ford was running out of 10-speed automatic transmissions, steel bumpers, and 2.3T motors, and had no ETA for more supplies.

Everywhere you look, signs emerge that Bronco's production process has broken down. But Ford keeps clamping down on the free flow of information, while it is less than forthcoming about what is going on, so no one really knows the extent of the problems.

Last edited:

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
One of many problems. I did see soft tops in the mix. You couldn't miss them with the wavy back windows.
Ahh good catch. I saw the soft top in person last month at Bronco event. Assumed the wavy windows were pre production but guess not.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I get your point, and I agree that Ford messed up at multiple junctures of the Bronco's development. But I can't in my right mind agree that launching a new power plant on an existing vehicle is just as complicated as launching a brand-new vehicle, even if one of the new plants is electric.

Also, as someone else pointed out, Bronco is on the new Ranger platform, not the one that's already out there.
I see your point, but I also don't recall launch delays for the JL going from the JK. I do recall a significant delay going from YJ to TJ. Think about how many new vehicles come out every few years. I don't recall such a botched job on any other than the Bronco in the last 30 years.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Jumping the gun there a bit. Or perhaps just vague language.

I would say the Bronco's launch, clearly, has been a disappointment.
The launch- yes, a huge disappointment for everyone. The car itself- a disappointment for me, personally, because itā€™s too large for my tastes. I would love it at like 90% scale and if it added a lot of lightness.

The vehicle itself seems to be receiving darn good reviews from most outlets and (lucky) owners, though the latter is to be expected.
The former is to be expected too. These outlets know where their bread is buttered. Much like how a PS4 owner shouldnā€™t trust IGNā€™s 9.0 rating for Cyberpunk 2077... consumers should be wary of glowing reviews of new vehicles, early access to which pays the salaries of certain media outlets.

[for some context, Cyberpunk 2077 was a much-hyped video game that suffered crippling performance on release on the legacy systems, PS4 and XBOne. Media outlets gave it mostly positive reviews and often didnā€™t point out these glaring shortcomings.]

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Bronco is based on the NEW Ranger platform not the old.
So what? Why are we giving Ford participation medals for trying to release a new truck? Itā€™s Ford. And itā€™s a truck. I think they know how to design a truck.

ronstar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 2021 2dr JL 80th Ann
Good review by OP. Iā€™ve been following Bronco and Bronco6g for more than a year. Had 2 Bronco reservations and cancelled 1 and bought a 2021 wrangler 2 door.

still have 1 Bronco reservation that I postponed to the 2023MY in case I I donā€™t like my Jeep then - I could trade it for the Bronco,

but Ford continues to muck things up. Who knows what other problems exist under that fubared top.

ive seen OP and others say that the Bronco rides big. I donā€™t want big - I want nimble. My wrangler has been perfect so far.

But I like the competition that Bronco brings to Jeep. Without the Bronco , the Jeep 392 and extreme recon may not have happened.

as it stands now, if I do trade my Jeep, it will be for a 392, not a Bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.