Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Ironically, every competitor that sets out to “copy” Wrangler, be Xterra, FJ Cruiser and now Bronco, starts by getting rid of the front solid axle. The very feature that gives Wrangler its characteristic drive and feel, on and off-road.
This x100. Their engineers and accountants seem to talk themselves out of the SFA, but it's the defining characteristic of the Wrangler. It impacts every aspect of the driving experience. I've owned an Xterra and a 4Runner. They feel like each other, but nothing like a Jeep.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The Bronco launch wasn't failed so much as over-promised initially and then various delays, some of which were out of Ford's control (Covid) happened. I dunno why so many companies from autos to video games, announce launch dates too far in advance to be sure they will happen. Delays are normal, but once you've committed to a date you'll be held accountable to it.

But let's not pretend that the decline in Ford sales has anything to do with anything other than the global semiconductor shortage. That's affecting F-150 sales big time, and that is everything at Ford. They're still selling pretty much everything they can make...they just can't make nearly enough.
Ford can’t hide behind the pandemic. They managed a pretty smooth Bronco Sport launch during the same time.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Saw my first bronco a few days ago. It was as if seeing it for the first time made me realize my excitement for it was long gone. What a disappointment.

B43BA750-46A3-422D-B7CF-A8A61A65AAAF.jpeg
Nice pic! Well done.

two good looking vehicles in my opinion. I think the proportions on the 2-doorBronco are especially appealing.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Ford was one of my customers when I sold fuel systems years ago living in Detroit. I can give you ZERO instances where excuses such as these were acceptable and our supplier rating was not negatively affected. They should live up to the same demands they place on their suppliers. No excuses accepted by me so I bought a new JLUR instead.
Well there you go, YOU bought a Jeep, so now NO ONE will buy a Bronco. I did not understand the relationship you were stating. It is all clear now...

Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I finally stopped by Auto Nation Ford in North Scottsdale to see what all the Hubbub was about. They had a New Bronco 4 door soft top in gold. 47K for the 4 cylinder turbo 7 speed. Had the over head switches and a front locker. 33's no Sasquatch package for only 47K. Really not much more equipment than my Sports S with V6 auto had to start with for only 12K more. Whats with screwy soft top. You lift it up but it doesn't open? Color almost exact same as my Nacho with a bit of meta-flake in it. OK seats are a lot better probably rides a bit better but that's really about it.
Jeep Wrangler JL A Wrangler Owner/Enthusiast/Builder honest review of the 2021 Bronco -- long. Jeep on the rocks

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I finally stopped by Auto Nation Ford in North Scottsdale to see what all the Hubbub was about. They had a New Bronco 4 door soft top in gold. 47K for the 4 cylinder turbo 7 speed. Had the over head switches and a front locker. 33's no Sasquatch package for only 47K. Really not much more equipment than my Sports S with V6 auto had to start with for only 12K more. Whats with screwy soft top. You lift it up but it doesn't open? Color almost exact same as my Nacho with a bit of meta-flake in it. OK seats are a lot better probably rides a bit better but that's really about it.
Jeep Wrangler JL A Wrangler Owner/Enthusiast/Builder honest review of the 2021 Bronco -- long. Jeep on the rocks
The model you're describing sounds like a Badlands which also has a automatic sway bar disconnect like the Rubicon. I think the only difference this model has with the Sasquatch is the tires and fender flares.

To the OP, very good and balanced review. I still like the Bronco, but not enough to get rid of my 2 door JL sport, which I've modified to my liking.

This time last year, I thought I would have regretted not getting a Bronco, but I'm having too much fun with my Wrangler.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Well there you go, YOU bought a Jeep, so now NO ONE will buy a Bronco. I did not understand the relationship you were stating. It is all clear now...
OK....so you're a Bronco douche trolling a Jeep page. Go back to your forum and enjoy the pounding from Ford.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
OK....so you're a Bronco douche trolling a Jeep page. Go back to your forum and enjoy the pounding from Ford.
Nope. I own a Rubicon. I am just not intimidated by a competitor in any venue. Since your level of engagement is to resort to name calling, you can crawl back under the rock your came from.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Nope. I own a Rubicon. I am just not intimidated by a competitor in any venue. Since your level of engagement is to resort to name calling, you can crawl back under the rock your came from.
I don't believe you. If you're comfortable with the way Ford launched this vehicle, then you're a mole put in here by Ford. Enjoy going to work tomorrow for the company who has botched the biggest launch of this century. Just because you found a pic of a Jeep on the Intetnet and pretend to be a Jeeper, doesn't fool anyone. The Bronco is the biggest failure at Ford since management decided it was cheaper to pay off relatives of the folks Pintos killed rather than fix the problem.

Sponsored

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
OP - nice review. It will certainly sell well once they get their manufacturing in order.

I just can’t get past the poor quality of materials that Ford chose to use, specifically on the interior and the hardtop. Squeaky plastics and leaky roofs are deal breakers, but congrats to the Ford guys for finally getting their Bronco back.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I don't believe you. If you're comfortable with the way Ford launched this vehicle, then you're a mole put in here by Ford. Enjoy going to work tomorrow for the company who has botched the biggest launch of this century. Just because you found a pic of a Jeep on the Intetnet and pretend to be a Jeeper, doesn't fool anyone. The Bronco is the biggest failure at Ford since management decided it was cheaper to pay off relatives of the folks Pintos killed rather than fix the problem.
Dude, you sound paranoid.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw a thread that was started today on Bronco6G apparently saying that Bronco production has been halted for the remainder of 2021.

The thread is already 38 pages long; I didn’t read all of it. Many posts are intentionally cryptic.

From what I could gather, a big announcement is coming from Ford that the decision was made to put Bronco production on hiatus for the rest of 2021 to fix the ongoing hardtop problems. The posters are telling everyone to brace themselves for the PR storm.

If anyone on here has a good understanding of what is happening at Ford, please share.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I just saw a thread that was started today on Bronco6G apparently saying that Bronco production has been halted for the remainder of 2021.

The thread is already 38 pages long; I didn’t read all of it. Many posts are intentionally cryptic.

From what I could gather, a big announcement is coming from Ford that the decision was made to put Bronco production on hiatus for the rest of 2021 to fix the ongoing hardtop problems. The posters are telling everyone to brace themselves for the PR storm.

If anyone on here has a good understanding of what is happening at Ford, please share.

Well, there's always the Bronco Sport.....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Now that Broncos have been on the road for 30 days it seems top problems are multiplying faster than Ford can catch them, let alone fix them.

So apparently the decision has been made to stop Bronco production for the rest of 2021 to strengthen / redesign the top and the roll cage.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.