Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't understand the hatred and butthurtedness that Jeep people seem to have about the Bronco. It's the same in my local Jeep FB group.

No one denies that FCA has gotten complacent with the Jeep, specifically the Wrangler, in terms of innovation, design, features, pricing, options, damn near everything. They've gotten complacent because they knew that the only "competition" they've faced for years was the 4runner, and even that's not exactly what I would consider "competition".

So now there's a new player on the field. Different, absolutely, but also coming from Ford, which has the scale and resources to really put the hurt on FCA's sales if they want. So now Jeep is a bit worried, "Oh no, there's a new horse in the stable" (haha, yeah, I had to).

As Jeep enthusiasts, you should be cheering and rooting for the Bronco to be AMAZING. Bronco's success can only bring GOOD things to Jeep (and thus, to you). It will pressure Jeep to do things like the Xtreme Recon package, be more aggressive in price, features, options, innovation, etc.

There's no world in which the Bronco being successful has a negative impact on the Jeep community in any way that matters.
This^^^^ I wish I could give 10 thumbs up. People fail to realize competition is good! I love my Wrangler as much as anybody in here loves theirs. With that being said, if my Jeep got wrecked tomorrow I would think about the things I love most about it ( opening it up and trailing) and if the Bronco made those things better? Hey guess what? FCA never paid my mortgage.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I really don't understand the hatred and butthurtedness that Jeep people seem to have about the Bronco. It's the same in my local Jeep FB group.

No one denies that FCA has gotten complacent with the Jeep, specifically the Wrangler, in terms of innovation, design, features, pricing, options, damn near everything. They've gotten complacent because they knew that the only "competition" they've faced for years was the 4runner, and even that's not exactly what I would consider "competition".

So now there's a new player on the field. Different, absolutely, but also coming from Ford, which has the scale and resources to really put the hurt on FCA's sales if they want. So now Jeep is a bit worried, "Oh no, there's a new horse in the stable" (haha, yeah, I had to).

As Jeep enthusiasts, you should be cheering and rooting for the Bronco to be AMAZING. Bronco's success can only bring GOOD things to Jeep (and thus, to you). It will pressure Jeep to do things like the Xtreme Recon package, be more aggressive in price, features, options, innovation, etc.

There's no world in which the Bronco being successful has a negative impact on the Jeep community in any way that matters.
Exactly,if it wasn’t for the bronco my rubi392 would not be being built this week.Thanks Ford!

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Does anyone see Ford putting out large incentives for Jeep owners to switch over in the next 12 or 24 months? I have no intentions. Absolutely love my new Rubi, but seems like a strong campaign to take some segment share.
Ford has orders out to 2023 at MSRP+. It may be like the Wrangler and never have incentives.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I came from an Outback 3.6R to my 2021 JLU Sport S and am I crazy for thinking it handles really good on the highway and daily driving? Before I bought this Jeep I feel like people made it seem like the damn vehicle was going to fly off the road I didn’t know what to expect. :LOL:

Every highway trip I’ve done so far has been a pleasant smooth ride. Absolutely zero complaints.
You aren't crazy....I'm not sure what some others' expectations are, or if I just got a good one but my Rubi (who is often even a worse culprit) drives and handles great. Mind you, I had a TJ 20 years ago, but I've had half tons and a sedan since then and I have to say, I love the way it drives. I do remember I had it wandering a bit when I left the dealership, but quickly adjusted. I also had the tire pressure at 42 when I drove off the lot. I've since lowered it to 35 and it's even better. I even asked my wife the other day who mostly drives her Pilot about the Jeeps handling and she had zero complaints. So it's not just me. LOL!

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I came from an Outback 3.6R to my 2021 JLU Sport S and am I crazy for thinking it handles really good on the highway and daily driving? Before I bought this Jeep I feel like people made it seem like the damn vehicle was going to fly off the road I didn’t know what to expect. :LOL:

Every highway trip I’ve done so far has been a pleasant smooth ride. Absolutely zero complaints.
I'm glad you are having a good experinace with yours. Loose steering was quite a real thing with early models. Most all of the steering components have been upgraded by FCA over the last three years because of premature failure - track bar, drag link, steering box, stabilizer, software updates, etc. You have countless previous owner to thank for untold hours arguing with service managers at dealerships and with Jeep Cares.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This^^^^ I wish I could give 10 thumbs up. People fail to realize competition is good! I love my Wrangler as much as anybody in here loves theirs. With that being said, if my Jeep got wrecked tomorrow I would think about the things I love most about it ( opening it up and trailing) and if the Bronco made those things better? Hey guess what? FCA never paid my mortgage.
That’s precisely part of that “competition” you like so much.

You can’t have a good competition without some good pushback.

Well, unless you own a Subaru. Those guys must be low on vitamin D... 😫

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
OP's opinion is what I expected because of other reviews and personal experience with IFS and R&P steering. IFS and R&P has always been better but to the detriment of rock crawling. I still want to see a factory 2 door rock crawling comparison. But thats just me and a few other 2 door enthusiasts.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I admit at first glance the 2-door Bronco appears to have a more ideal size to serve both as a daily driver and weekend off-roader.

But the devil is in the details. For instance, how is all that extra width going to handle with the shorter wheelbase? How is it going to handle the narrow trails? Is a 2-door Bronco also going to weigh 1,000 lbs more than a 2-door Wrangler? Are you even going to be able to get one before JL’s mid-cycle redesign a year from now? When are you going to be able to get them with a hardtop? Is Ford planning to fix that absurd rear opening on the soft tops?

Still so many questions...

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer

My '18 needed a new steering box under the TSB and its steering improved substantially. It's still not nearly as direct as my wife's Forester but I don't expect it to. The JLU has much more bounce and cabin shake around town but I love driving it.

I'm thrilled the Bronco is out there - competition is good. I'm not sure which I would have ended up in had the Bronco been out when I bought my JL in fall '19. The improve ride and handling would be nice but I'm not sold on the 2.3T (the only way to get a clutch pedal) and the weird-ass tach would really annoy me. I'd probably end up in a Wrangler despite the fact the Bronco is overall a much better vehicle for my use (top down cruising around town, very infrequent mild off-roading).

I love my Wrangler and don't expect to get rid of it anytime soon, but Carvana offering over sticker price for it almost 2 years and 9,000 miles later makes it hard to pass on that offer. I'd break even after you account for taxes, soft top, and rock rails which is pretty incredible.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP's opinion is what I expected because of other reviews and personal experience with IFS and R&P steering. IFS and R&P has always been better but to the detriment of rock crawling. I still want to see a factory 2 door rock crawling comparison. But thats just me and a few other 2 door enthusiasts.
A member posted this on another forum. That is his stock JK Sahara next to a Bronco Badlands 2-door.

The first thing that struck me how small Bronco's wheels, tires and wheel wells look next to JK's.

Dennis Woods says in his video that his Bronco Badlands came with 29-inch tires. That seems a bit small in this day and age. Most JLs come with 32s. Even my Tacoma TRD OR came with 30s. I wonder what is the largest tire you can fit on a Bronco before it starts rubbing.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Wrangler Owner/Enthusiast/Builder honest review of the 2021 Bronco -- long. 1628269041809

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
A member posted this on another forum. That is his stock JK Sahara next to a Bronco Badlands 2-door.

The first thing that struck me how small Bronco's wheels, tires and wheel wells look next to JK's.

Dennis Woods says in his video that his Bronco Badlands 4-door came with 29-inch tires. That seems a bit small in this day and age. Most JLs come with 32s. Even my Tacoma TRD OR came with 30s. I wonder what is the largest tire you can fit on a Bronco before it starts rubbing.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Wrangler Owner/Enthusiast/Builder honest review of the 2021 Bronco -- long. 1628269041809
37's fit. Anything larger there is more problems than just clearing fenders.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.