Sponsored

A way to get the full service history of my pre-owned 2018 JLUR?

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I purchased a pre-owned 2018 JLUR recently and the dealer I bought it from didn't have every record. It only had 20,000 miles and it all checked out. I'm happy. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to get the full service history of anything done at an FCA dealership. My local dealer (not who I bought it from) says they don't have all the history in their system. They just have general information like build & purchase date and months/miles left on the 3/36 warranty.

Thanks for any help!
--T
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you download the Mopar app it may have that data. Mine shows all of my history however I am the only owner.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
You could try Carfax. I'm willing to bet that if the dealer has no info on service in their system, it was never serviced at a dealer. But it could have been serviced at other places which might, but not always, show up in Carfax.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Check carfax, I would only do it to check if it has ever been in an accident, which hopefully you did before buying.

Other than that, 20,000 miles, 1 year old. I wouldn't stress about it.

When I buy used cars I usually do it through a private person and I ask about history or where they took it for service and such, and I call the place before I buy it. I also check Carfax and if the car has more than 30,000 miles I take it to a mechanic to get it checked. A Wrangler I would take in regardless due to off-roading.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdoga2

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Check carfax, I would only do it to check if it has ever been in an accident, which hopefully you did before buying.

Other than that, 20,000 miles, 1 year old. I wouldn't stress about it.

When I buy used cars I usually do it through a private person and I ask about history or where they took it for service and such, and I call the place before I buy it. I also check Carfax and if the car has more than 30,000 miles I take it to a mechanic to get it checked. A Wrangler I would take in regardless due to off-roading.
Thanks all, for the advice - very helpful and appreciated. I have the full carfax report but it doesn't show everything I'm looking for - just that vehicle was serviced. Yes, I did check it before I purchased. I'm not too worried. I'm mechanically inclined and had it up on the hoist to look it over too (before purchase).

I have also checked my owners Mopar page and the only service record I can see is the one time I brought it in for the steering damper recall.

So, I take it FCA doesn't provide full service records (of which they're aware?)

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My local dodge shop will look it up for you if you ask politely.
Sponsored