A question for Sport/Sahara Altitude owners

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
So you have black trim on the steering wheel spokes but the silver trim around the tach/speedo pods?
Yes, this is how Jeep made some within the trims. The colored or black bezels have no direct impact on performance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

roamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie outback toad, pusher motorhome
Yes, this is how Jeep made some within the trims. The colored or black bezels have no direct impact on performance.
LOL, thanks for putting it in perspective once again.

Sure, I'm making this a much bigger deal than it is.

However, I really do like and much prefer the look and function of having blacked-out interior trim. But yeah, it's not a huge issue for me and will not stop me from purchasing a JL because of it. I just would rather have that trim

More importantly, though, If FCA puts it in their written description and shows an image with an example, I believe they should deliver the feature that is so described no matter how trivial ...they show it in an image and list it as a standard feature of this particular model but yet do something different as it's being built.

Are they not paying attention to detail on other things that are not so apparent? Probably, but that's why decades ago I liked Japanese vehicles as they paid close attention to detail and tolerances. Toyota or Honda doing something similar to this back in the 70s or 80s would probably have been very unlikely.

If you say it's a feature --no matter how small-- do it and follow through to make sure those features are included once the vehicle rolls off the assembly line. Attention to detail is a thing of the past.

Yes, this is trivial and I'd much rather they, FCA, not pay attention to small crap like this than to something that in fact does affect performance or fit-and-finish. All-in-all, your point is well taken. Thanks.