A pillar water leak improvement.

Roy15

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 jlu 20 Cherokee
I'm sure all of you have had the wet leg experience after opening the door in the rain or after a wash. I washed my 21 4xe and was surprised with a dry leg. I noticed they have added a plastic gutter that routes the water down door jam. It might be interesting to find out if they can be retrofitted on previous model years.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Knowing how cheap FCA is, they must have been forced to add a $0.25 piece to 4Xes so y’all don’t get electrocuted! :LOL:

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'm sure all of you have had the wet leg experience after opening the door in the rain or after a wash. I washed my 21 4xe and was surprised with a dry leg. I noticed they have added a plastic gutter that routes the water down door jam. It might be interesting to find out if they can be retrofitted on previous model years.
Pic?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the polite way to say “post pictures damn it!” ???

Dude post pics! That actually sounds pretty neat. Maybe we can make a homemade version of it, I know lots of people have already come up with stuff that does that.

6D4EEDD8-2EC9-46A4-9079-D6D5B22D4C31.gif

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm sure all of you have had the wet leg experience after opening the door in the rain or after a wash. I washed my 21 4xe and was surprised with a dry leg. I noticed they have added a plastic gutter that routes the water down door jam.

It might be interesting to find out if they can be retrofitted on previous model years.
My 2021 Sport has the plastic fitment evident in post #6.

Experience proves that this particular part does nothing to prevent water from flowing/spilling into the interior when opening the front doors on a rainy day, however. To prevent that from occurring, conventional wisdom says that extensions to the external rain gutters are necessary. Note that reviews on their effectiveness are pretty mixed, too.
Sponsored