Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
Hello,

Just a reminder that if you have a 2018-2020 JL and experience water dripping from the top gutter when opening your front door after heavy rain and/or a car wash, there is a Technical Service Bulletin remedy available through your dealership! Reference TSB 23-041-21 Rev A. Please note, this repair is covered under the provisions of your 3 Year/36,000 mile new vehicle basic warranty.

Feel free to reach out to our team if you have any questions.

-- Jeep Cares
Had this happen to me on my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 3 Piece Hard top. I played with the little rubber piece and ever since it has not happened again. Weird little quirk :)
Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Had this happen to me on my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 3 Piece Hard top. I played with the little rubber piece and ever since it has not happened again. Weird little quirk :)
It's not a quirk. I had a photo business for a long while. Habit was to put my gear in a case in passenger footwell. Hang another camera from the headrest of the passenger seat.

2019 JLU dumped about 2" of rainwater on the floor when I left, door open when I was new to Jeeping. I didn't have gear there. Luckily. I have a magnificent Sony RX100-7 I hang from a Gordy's leather lanyard around my neck now. Pro gear (Nikon F3HP's, and Leica M3's) all gone long ago. Weddings/sports/portraits So far '22 JLUR is much better.

DaveL

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUS here and I just had mine in for service for things and I brought this TSB to the dealers attention and they checked and said my Jeep warranty does not cover it.

I sent a message to @JeepCares as I have no idea why it would not be covered since there is not difference in my 2018 and a 202X that this would be covered on. I mentioned that even if I bought the vehicle when new and garaged it till today, just by model year they would not cover it due to warranty. I was told they are looking into it for older JL's and I opened a case with them.

So if you have a older JL and are being told it is not in warranty, open a case so we can get them to fix this issue.,

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
"issue"? in the OC?! 😄

seriously; aside from the fact that this can't be that much of an "issue" where it rains as little as it does in that part of SoCal, warranties just don't last forever.
if it's that much of an "issue" for you, pony up and buy the parts; it's not that big an outlay.

2018 JLUS here and I just had mine in for service for things and I brought this TSB to the dealers attention and they checked and said my Jeep warranty does not cover it.

I sent a message to @JeepCares as I have no idea why it would not be covered since there is not difference in my 2018 and a 202X that this would be covered on. I mentioned that even if I bought the vehicle when new and garaged it till today, just by model year they would not cover it due to warranty. I was told they are looking into it for older JL's and I opened a case with them.

So if you have a older JL and are being told it is not in warranty, open a case so we can get them to fix this issue.,

Sponsored

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Just had my jeep in to get this fixed and they told me that they can't just fix it until they can verify that this issue is happening, despite the TSB explicitly stating "If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, preform the Repair Procedure."

For anyone who just wants to do this work yourself, parts will run about $100. Attached is a copy of the TSB in full.

Jeep Wrangler JL A-Pillar Water Drip (TSB 23-041-21 REV. A) IMG-1777

Jeep Wrangler JL A-Pillar Water Drip (TSB 23-041-21 REV. A) IMG-1778

Jeep Wrangler JL A-Pillar Water Drip (TSB 23-041-21 REV. A) IMG-1779

Jeep Wrangler JL A-Pillar Water Drip (TSB 23-041-21 REV. A) IMG-1780

Jeep Wrangler JL A-Pillar Water Drip (TSB 23-041-21 REV. A) IMG-1781

SunnyJL

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have this problem on my 2021 Sahara. Is there a TSB that includes 2021?
Same. I thought we were all just stuck getting wet. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t caught during the QC process, but maybe they don’t simulate rain, lol. I have a dealer appointment this week. I’d love to get this fixed before my warranty is up in March.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
This... My local Jeep dealer service center is ranked 23rd out of 25 in the state, with the next closest dealer more than 150 miles away in another state.

I'd just as soon keep the dealer out of the loop, even if it means purchasing the parts myself. Please publish the TSB procedure, or at the very least, post the part number(s) so that I can order them.
Same!

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
As far as a dealer saying they don't know anything about the TSB, my dealer pulled that with me about the steering box TSB. "TSB, what TSB? Never heard anything about it." Then I handed him the printed out TSB and told him "that TSB"....got my steering box upgraded the next week. I made sure to use all the terms and verbiage for customer complaints as listed in the TSB so they couldn't say that my issue didn't match the TSB.
almost word-for-word with my dealer.

SunnyJL

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I wish someone would respond regarding newer models.

@JeepCares is there a TSB that covers 2021? It’s certainly still an issue.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I wish someone would respond regarding newer models.

@JeepCares is there a TSB that covers 2021? It’s certainly still an issue.

Looking at the pics of the printed out TSB above, it's likely your 2021 already has that diverter installed (my 2021 did). However, it doesn't solve the problem. EDIT - found some better pics of the TSB and the updated header seal included in the latest revision might be the same as in my pic below. If that's the case, it will solve the problem.

The 2023 Sahara we just got has an additional piece up by the freedom panels that points the stream of water into the diverter and does successfully stop the stream of water going straight into the floor.

Jeep Wrangler JL A-Pillar Water Drip (TSB 23-041-21 REV. A) Jeep1
Sponsored

Last edited: