Sponsored

A-pillar to windshield gap? And slow driver's side window.

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
Hey y'all, I just got my 1st wrangler 6 days ago, it's a 2 dr 2020. Anyway, i had the doors and top off for several days, put them back on last night and noticed a gap in between the A-pillar and windshield. The passenger side does not have this gap. I know having the doors and top off aren't related, i just happened to notice it while checking that everything is back in place. I work in auto manufacturing so i know gaps i see sunshine through are probably not normal. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, my driver's side window goes up much slower than my passenger window, any thoughts there?

20200710_065938.jpg
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Did you lower your windshield and not fully return It to original position. Something is way off....

OP
OP
foxess

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
Did you lower your windshield and not fully return It to original position. Something is way off....
No i have not messed with the windshield at all. Airflow is not coming through so i think it is definitely a body fit issue concerning the windshield frame and A-pillar.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Could how your stored your doors while they were off caused the top of the door frame to bow out?

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
definetly doesn't look normal . not that you needed me to tell you that. How did you store your doors?

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
On mine, the bolts for the windshield at the roof line seem to vibrate loose on their own and can cause a rattle. If the bolts are not engaged, the windshield may have side shifted when you put the top back on. I would try to drop the windshield and look for an unnatural obstruction between the windshield frame and the a pillar.

OP
OP
foxess

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
Could how your stored your doors while they were off caused the top of the door frame to bow out?
I do not believe so. The door does not appear bowed out in any way.

20200710_081548.jpg

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Looks pretty normal, I’ve seen two other JL’s aside from mine that have this gap between the windshield frame and a pillar roll bar. I’ve personally never noticed any issues due to it, didn’t even pay attention to it till now.

OP
OP
foxess

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
I work in body weld quality at my job and see body defects and body fit problems daily, but this one is baffling me, tbh. Note the gap difference from d side to p side in my pics. My pinky nail doesnt even fit in the p side gap. My pink finger up to 1st knuckle fits into d side gap. Yikes.

Maybe the windshield frame is off set a couple mm? I don't deal with that at our plant, our windshields are stationary.

20200710_084826.jpg

20200710_085634.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
foxess

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
Looks pretty normal, I’ve seen two other JL’s aside from mine that have this gap between the windshield frame and a pillar roll bar. I’ve personally never noticed any issues due to it, didn’t even pay attention to it till now.
Good that makes me feel better. I guess due to my job i nitpick things. I'll try not to look anymore

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Its normal to have a gap, not normal to see light through it. Check your windshield bolts at the top of windshield frame. If you tighten them on the driver side, the gap may go away. There are 4 bolts on the upper frame that come loose on their own on mine. I've had to tighten them multiple times. If you loosen them, you may be able to push the windshield sideways and even the gap between driver and passenger side.

OP
OP
foxess

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
Its normal to have a gap, not normal to see light through it. Check your windshield bolts at the top of windshield frame. If you tighten them on the driver side, the gap may go away. There are 4 bolts on the upper frame that come loose on their own on mine. I've had to tighten them multiple times. If you loosen them, you may be able to push the windshield sideways and even the gap between driver and passenger side.
I will check them, thank you for the tip!
Sponsored