Sponsored

A Pillar Mount Options for 392 XR? Sadly it's NOT the same as regular Rubicon.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Well I found out the hard way that the mounting area is different than a regular rubicon. I have bought 2 sets of the Diode Dynamics Mounts and they fit perfectly on my wives 2021 Rubicon, but on my 2021 392XR Rubicon the OEM mounting bolts are a 1/2 longer to start with compared to the ones supply by DD, then the lower mounting hole is an inch off where it should be.

I want to do a single light up top then a ditch light on the side. Any ideas for mount Mfg's?

18_jeep_jl_wrangler_cowl_mount_installed_greyed.jpg

DD Mount.jpg

dd with lights.jpg
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a minimalist bracket to accommodate 2 pairs of a-pillar lights (forward facing spots and floods aimed outward for ditch/flank lighting) and ended up with this Go Rhino cowl mount. I also like the offset between the 2 lights.

I wish that it was offered without the u shaped cube brackets, which were too big for the Baja Designs Squadron Pros that I was dead set on, because it could've reduced the price for those not using a 3" cube. Still, I'm very happy with them. They are strong and the finish is still perfect after a year of being on a vehicle that hasn't been washed and is exposed to salted winter driving. Here's a pic of my Jeep and a link to Northridge that currently shows 2 in stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Pillar Mount Options for 392 XR? Sadly it's NOT the same as regular Rubicon. 16172179163635402242955721663852

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...o-dual-3in-cube-windshield-cowl-offset-mounts

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I wanted a minimalist bracket to accommodate 2 pairs of a-pillar lights (forward facing spots and floods aimed outward for ditch/flank lighting) and ended up with this Go Rhino cowl mount. I also like the offset between the 2 lights.

I wish that it was offered without the u shaped cube brackets, which were too big for the Baja Designs Squadron Pros that I was dead set on, because it could've reduced the price for those not using a 3" cube. Still, I'm very happy with them. They are strong and the finish is still perfect after a year of being on a vehicle that hasn't been washed and is exposed to salted winter driving. Here's a pic of my Jeep and a link to Northridge that currently shows 2 in stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Pillar Mount Options for 392 XR? Sadly it's NOT the same as regular Rubicon. 16172179163635402242955721663852

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...o-dual-3in-cube-windshield-cowl-offset-mounts
Much wind noise off them ? I think they'll work well with AMFIB and I can actually get them here in Canada without being bent over at the border. Lol.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Much wind noise off them ? I think they'll work well with AMFIB and I can actually get them here in Canada without being bent over at the border. Lol.
With all windows wide open, I've noticed zero wind noise increase with them vs without them. That was a smaller concern, so I paid more attention during the drive to where I do my installs. Couldn't tell the difference on the way back.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
With all windows wide open, I've noticed zero wind noise increase with them vs without them. That was a smaller concern, so I paid more attention during the drive to where I do my installs. Couldn't tell the difference on the way back.
Good to hear. Looking them up, I see Hella has some reasonable priced Black Magic cubes as well. I think I'll be going that route. Thanks man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

Thanks Mike, looks like I'm headed down the same road. Thanks for the link!!!

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

Well I got them in and wired the harnesses went to put them in place and the screws they come with are an inch and an 1/8th too short WTH!!! And one of them is malformed and doesn’t fit the holes in the cowl.

This 2 hr Project is going into its 4 week. I’m SO over this crap.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got them in and wired the harnesses went to put them in place and the screws they come with are an inch and an 1/8th too short WTH!!! And one of them is malformed and doesn’t fit the holes in the cowl.

This 2 hr Project is going into its 4 week. I’m SO over this crap.
Apologies! Was trying to help, not make things worse.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Ah no worries, I’m headed to the local store to see if I can get longer bolts than a BFH to get this thing properly aligned and mounted

They actually give you a lot of hardware for your money. Too bad we’re only using a third of it lol.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah no worries, I’m headed to the local store to see if I can get longer bolts than a BFH to get this thing properly aligned and mounted

They actually give you a lot of hardware for your money. Too bad we’re only using a third of it lol.
At least I'm out of range of that BFH!