A new recall

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
I got an email today for a new recall. I'm guessing this is what fried that Mojito last week. Recall is for bad voltage regulators, could cause fires.

Your vehicle MAY be involved in a safety recall and MAY create a safety risk for you or your passengers. If left unrepaired, a potential safety defect could lead to injury or even death. Safety defects must be repaired by a dealer at no cost to you.

Why am I getting this email?
You are receiving this message because you requested to be notified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) if there is a safety recall that may affect your vehicle.

The following may apply to one or more of your vehicles if your vehicle is listed below. Click on the NHTSA Recall ID Number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.

To find out if your specific passenger vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 18V524
Manufacturer : Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Subject : Voltage Regulator may Fail and Cause Stall
Make Model Model Years
CHRYSLER 300 2018
CHRYSLER PACIFICA 2018-2019
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY 2017-2018
DODGE CHALLENGER 2018
DODGE CHARGER 2018
DODGE DURANGO 2018
DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 2017-2018
DODGE JOURNEY 2018
FIAT 500X 2018
JEEP CHEROKEE 2018-2019
JEEP COMPASS 2018
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2018
JEEP RENEGADE 2018
JEEP WRANGLER 2017-2018
RAM 1500 2018
RAM PROMASTER 2018
What is a recall?
When a manufacturer or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) determines that a vehicle creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that vehicle at no cost to the owner. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

What should I do if my vehicle is included in this recall?
If your vehicle is included in this recall, it is very important that you get it fixed as soon as possible given the potential danger to you and your passengers if it is not addressed. You should receive a separate letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, notifying you of the recall and explaining when the remedy will be available, whom to contact to repair your vehicle, and to remind you that the repair will be done at no charge to you. If you believe your vehicle is included in the recall, but you do not receive a letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, please call NHTSA's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236, or contact your vehicle manufacturer or dealership.

Thank you for your attention to this important safety matter and for your commitment to helping save lives on America's roadways.
Sponsored

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
In my TJ, the voltage regulator is part of the ECM - is it a separate part in the JL?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My VIN is not affected. Is this just for turbos?

Sponsored

OP
OP

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
Nothing in the recall says anything about fires. Why would you make that assumption? The spicy mojito was leaking fuel.
You're correct, my bad.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Clear here, too. Was it determined that this is for the 2.0?

I'm quite frankly shocked that I've had this thing since January and have not had a single recall, problem, or quality issue. I expected at least a few in an early production first year vehicle.

Sponsored

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
If this recall begins 9/28, does that mean they will begin notifying owners on 9/28 or they will begin repairs on 9/28?

I checked my Vin and it's clear. Maybe I'll check again after 9/28.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That its for years 17-18 lends me to believe its probably JK only but that's just an assumption.
Sponsored