Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
Just wait until you get it back and the finish still isn't perfect or you have mismatched panels by a shade.
Sometimes it's better to live with the devil you know.
Time will tell.
I got it back on Friday. The reason it was there for so long was because I went to pick it up a few weeks ago and I wasnt happy with the quality of the work they did. The ā€œdirt nibsā€ (tiny bumps in the paint) were removed but they had to repaint part of it and there were more dirt nibs after they ā€œrepairedā€ it. I calmly spoke with the manager and asked him if I took a picture of it and blew it up on a billboard would he be comfortable putting his companyā€™s name on it along side his. He acknowledged the complete lack of quality control and promised to fix it. They made it right, took another 2 weeks and it looks great now. When I picked it up they told me that they had a meeting with their corporate collision center boss and they have changed their quality assurance process due to this particular incident.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I got it back on Friday. The reason it was there for so long was because I went to pick it up a few weeks ago and I wasnt happy with the quality of the work they did. The ā€œdirt nibsā€ (tiny bumps in the paint) were removed but they had to repaint part of it and there were more dirt nibs after they ā€œrepairedā€ it. I calmly spoke with the manager and asked him if I took a picture of it and blew it up on a billboard would he be comfortable putting his companyā€™s name on it along side his. He acknowledged the complete lack of quality control and promised to fix it. They made it right, took another 2 weeks and it looks great now. When I picked it up they told me that they had a meeting with their corporate collision center boss and they have changed their quality assurance process due to this particular incident.
Glad you are pleased with the outcome.

CaboJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willy's
Well....youā€™re ten days in to the Lemon Law.

Hopefully......it will be repaired good as new instead.
Not sure how the lemon law works in WA, purchased in Idaho. I might have to look into it.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hmmmā€¦ two weeks and they made it right for you. Iā€˜m happy for you they did. I guess you can quit whining nowā€¦ I hope that helped. :facepalm:

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Not sure why some of you are such insufferable a-holes on here. OP had a legitimate complaint and itā€™s been taken care of. Jeep really cheaped out on this and glad theyā€™re making him whole. But then you have completely useless comments like this one that serve zero purpose. This is such an irritating part of the Jeep ā€œcommunityā€. Everyone wants to be the tough guy.

Hmmmā€¦ two weeks and they made it right for you. Iā€˜m happy for you they did. I guess you can quit whining nowā€¦ I hope that helped. :facepalm:

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Not sure why some of you are such insufferable a-holes on here. OP had a legitimate complaint and itā€™s been taken care of. Jeep really cheaped out on this and glad theyā€™re making him whole. But then you have completely useless comments like this one that serve zero purpose. This is such an irritating part of the Jeep ā€œcommunityā€. Everyone wants to be the tough guy.
Did you read his first post? He went off because Jeep misrepresented the product and ruined his entire Jeep purchase. Jeep and many other manufactures put disclaimers in their literature and their website for this very reason. Jeep did not purposely harm him, there are guys who have had their engines blow at 1,000 miles or less that took a higher road than he did. In the end he got what he wanted. Most other people would have taken it up with the dealership, allowed them to fix it and moved on. His first mistake was accepting the Jeep without having the dealer write on the delivery ticket that they were going to fix this. He accepted it as is and wanted sympathy and a collective group to back him on this injustice and many jumped right in.

This is what is wrong with society right now. Everyone blows crap out of proportion, fails to take responsibilities for their actions (accepting the Jeep as is, for example) and then wanting everyone else to change for them.

Signed - "insufferable a-hole"

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Did you read his first post? He went off because Jeep misrepresented the product and ruined his entire Jeep purchase. Jeep and many other manufactures put disclaimers in their literature and their website for this very reason. Jeep did not purposely harm him, there are guys who have had their engines blow at 1,000 miles or less that took a higher road than he did. In the end he got what he wanted. Most other people would have taken it up with the dealership, allowed them to fix it and moved on. His first mistake was accepting the Jeep without having the dealer write on the delivery ticket that they were going to fix this. He accepted it as is and wanted sympathy and a collective group to back him on this injustice and many jumped right in.

This is what is wrong with society right now. Everyone blows crap out of proportion, fails to take responsibilities for their actions (accepting the Jeep as is, for example) and then wanting everyone else to change for them.

Signed - "insufferable a-hole"
Agreed. That was very 2020's of him.

On the bright side, the tears and drama of his OP brought a lot of joy and entertainment to a lot of people on this board in the ensuing 30+ pages.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Lol indeed! Listenā€¦I feel the OPā€™s pain! I probably wouldā€™ve been disappointed to some degreeā€¦although I think his rig is gorgeous with 10 boltsā€¦he expected 25 and the dealer didnā€™t warn him that he might get 10. They might not have even figured this was a problem. It may not have even been specified on the build sheet?

However, after having a blown engine myself, Iā€™d like to think that I wouldā€™ve been like ā€œitā€™s whateverā€ had it been my problem lolā€¦because to me it seems a bit trivial. Again, this is my perspective because of what Iā€™ve experienced.

Iā€™m not downplaying the OPā€™s plightā€¦and obviously Jeep didnā€™t either because heā€™s rightfully receiving those 25 bolts. šŸ’Æ

Thanks for the laughs for this thread thoughā€¦I would often come to read comments so I could laugh and enjoy my night. But it wasnā€™t related to the OP at all?

For me, itā€™s a win for me because the thread was genuinely enjoyable.

And most importantly, a win for the OP. šŸ™šŸ½šŸ’ÆšŸ™šŸ½

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
My wife has an XR on order, and she doesn't like the 10 bolt beauty rings...she made a face when I showed the 10 bolt to her on a video...Jeep won't want her pissed off, trust me, better they put the 25 bolt rings on to avoid her wrath. I think the author has a solid complaint as a much different look.
Sponsored