Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
all these pages to whine about a bloody ring on a bloody jeep! My dad died yesterday and i would willingly take your awful 10 bolt rings if i could have him back again. Stop the whining and either enjoy the jeep as is or sell it. i didnt get the Rubicon mats in my Jeep as they had run out of them when i got my XR Rubicon. I got weather tech instead. My hard top had a chip in it and by the time i added a winch and a metal bumper the bump stops made contact everytime i went over a speed bump. Did i come on here and bitch and whine? No, I realized that once i started to offroad this beautiful Jeep all those things didnt matter and didnt stop my enjoyment. I took it to Moab and earned a few badges. Did the chip in the hardtop spoil That? No, it didnt. Chip is still there and i dont give a flying fig about it. It is a Jeep and i have scratched the hell out of it, all with a big grin on my face! by the way.
Sorry for your loss my friend. You are entitled to your opinion. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
I am on

I just got my 2022 with the XR, and I would also be pissed off. Thankfully mine was with all the bolts.

Those wheels are an important part of the appearance of the XR package, and like a kick in the butt by Jeep to have removed them no matter the reason (unless regulatory, which I don't believe).

Whey they did this is a head scratcher. If it was supply chain, there must have been another way, considering the low take rate of the XR package. If it was cost reduction initiative, whoever approved that should be fired. Bad choice either way.
Thanks.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Love that color though!

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I get it - This isn't a 15k jeep like they used to make them. These Jeeps are 50k plus, basically a down payment on a mortgage. It's like if they gave you different windows, doors, kitchen granite color, or appliances than what were advertised. Whether you have the luxury to change them out or not, it is still a nuisance.

That being said, no, there is nothing the dealer or Jeep will do about it. Go have fun and get them dirty until you cant even see the bolts.
That, my friend, was well said. Spot on comparison.

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
I get it - This isn't a 15k jeep like they used to make them. These Jeeps are 50k plus, basically a down payment on a mortgage. It's like if they gave you different windows, doors, kitchen granite color, or appliances than what were advertised. Whether you have the luxury to change them out or not, it is still a nuisance.

That being said, no, there is nothing the dealer or Jeep will do about it. Go have fun and get them dirty until you cant even see the bolts.
This is everything!

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon

Exactly, thank you. It's very frustrating to say the least.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Holy $hit... 15 pages bitching about a lack of 15 bolts. Meanwhile another 5 children have died in Southern Sudan. WTF.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

50k mortgage downpayment?

You are like 2 decades behind lol.

Every SUV is like 50k now. Not just because inflation but also because people want their giant infotainment screens, leather seats, spacious cabin, leather accents, etc... and now "beauty rings" apparently. We all want luxury but we don't wanna pay for it.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
50k mortgage downpayment?

You are like 2 decades behind lol.

Every SUV is like 50k now. Not just because inflation but also because people want their giant infotainment screens, leather seats, spacious cabin, leather accents, etc... and now "beauty rings" apparently. We all want luxury but we don't wanna pay for it.
Worse case scenario, he could have waited 3 years for a bronco With all the issues they are having. 'Missing' bolts is the least of their problems LOL!

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The bait and switch between marketing images and actual product is pretty lame. My guess is that there is something in the small print that allows them to make substitutions like this. One more reason why I am glad I didn’t get the XR package.

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
From first thought is wow, first world problems here! Seems pretty nitpicky and surprised somebody is that concerned over the number of fake beadlock bolts, but on the other hand I can see the frustration with paying that much for a new vehicle if you were really set on those bolts. Based on that they have the right to whine a little......
My comments on this:
- If you remove the fake rim there are most likely additional threaded holes underneath it. Would guess you could drill out the ring and add more bolts if you are that concerned with it....might be the only option as I doubt Jeep will do anything.
- In regards to cost savings, even if they only saved $25 per vehicle that would be considered a BIG cost savings. Even on a relatively low volume option. They average selling almost 200,000 Wranglers a year so even if only 5% have the XR option you are talking about a quarter million dollars per year. That's not a lot of dollars for the overall company, but if one person within Jeep came up with that idea it will go on their file that they saved the company that much money each year. I worked in automotive testing for years and manufacturers would literally do testing to see if they could get by with 5 plastic push pins holding on a trim piece versus 6 that would save pennies per vehicle.
- As a side note, I doubt Jeep is paying $1.68 per bolt. Big difference between buying a couple dozen from Home Depot versus buying a crate of thousands.....really wouldn't be surprised that if Home Depot and the like charged $1.68 a bolt in the store that Jeep was only paying $0.16 per bolt in bulk directly from a vendor....seriously, there is that much difference in price sometimes.
- Do you really need to remove the fake rings when dismounting and mounting tires on these rims? Kinda' doubt you need to and don't see any reason you would. My thought is you might want to remove them to avoid the possibility of scratching the rims, but shops do it all day long without scratching regular rims. In any case with an impact it would literally take an extra 30 seconds to zip another 10-15 bolts off per rim.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I understand OP’s frustration. I wouldn’t have posted about it, but I understand.
EXACTLY! I'd be ticked too but I sure as hell wouldn't offer my balls up for a beating on the forum about it.
Sponsored