Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
let me go ahead and kill this thread right here…

Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 69015633334__C0D115A7-8010-4050-8CEB-2ECAC394FE74
Just saying, it's claiming the reason for some differences would be supply chain issues. What is being debated here is a design difference. I find it hard to believe that the design change was due to supply chain issues.... but I guess it's possible.

Sponsored

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Now all this got me thinking…. Stupid actually but here goes. For those that got the 12 bolt rings, do you have the LED headlight package? Curious if this is an attempt to cut costs on the rings by sticking them on Jeeps that are not “optioned” enough per Stellantis. Maybe there should be a poll created. Interesting thought?

Sobchak Security

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Now all this got me thinking…. Stupid actually but here goes. For those that got the 12 bolt rings, do you have the LED headlight package? Curious if this is an attempt to cut costs on the rings by sticking them on Jeeps that are not “optioned” enough per Stellantis. Maybe there should be a poll created. Interesting thought?
LED
Trail Cam
Cold Weather
Tow
and the 10 bolt rings.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
You may have answered this already? Did you talk to the dealer? My first and second 392 came with the wrong tailgate plaque. I did nothing about it on my 2021, but when my 2022 showed up and had the standard plaque, I mentioned it to my sales guy post purchase and a few weeks later the correct plaque and rivets were in the mail.
Oh No-Opportunity Missed!!— Think upside down Jenny on stamp, miss stamped coins, vehicles with a very rare option. I can hear the guy at Barrett-Jackson now!! 😉

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Oh No-Opportunity Missed!!— Think upside down Jenny on stamp, miss stamped coins, vehicles with a very rare option. I can hear the guy at Barrett-Jackson now!! 😉
I haven't installed the plaque. Its sitting with the rest of the maybe someday parts I have accumulated over the years.:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
-Cold Weather
-Tow package
-XR package

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
Just saying, it's claiming the reason for some differences would be supply chain issues. What is being debated here is a design difference. I find it hard to believe that the design change was due to supply chain issues.... but I guess it's possible.
Agreed

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I wasn't expecting to receive real beadlocks. (I've owned many in the past) I was expecting to receive the simulated beadlock beauty ring with 25 bolts.
I understand your frustration.

I think the 10 bolt rings look stupid and I also agree with you that they should have let you know about the change. But the wheels underneath are the same wheels. So although it's a ridiculous expense, you can probably still buy the 25 bolt trim rings.

Maybe ask the dealer to sell you the trim rings at cost?

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
1. I had wondered about that very matter. I just completed a prolonged return/refund process for a skid plate that simply could not be made to fit on my '21, despite almost equally prolonged consultation with the related videos, parts schematic and recurring PMs.

2. Configuring a 2023 JLU that is identical to my modest 2021 build brings with it a $4K(!) increase. I don't blame anyone who calls out any vehicle manufacturer for price fatigue, least of all Stellantis.
What skid plate did you order and return? I have the Mc skids sitting in my garage unopened waiting for other parts

I feel you, welcome to life these days! I'm sick of spending my money at places with worse service, worse product, and receiving less product. On top of that, everyone wants a freaking tip for everything. I'm about to stop tipping altogether.

Sounds like I lucked out getting an early '22 Jeep. I'm going to use that as a selling point when I at some point get rid of it.
I 100% agree! Iv pretty much stopped tipping in most places that I don’t receive exceptional service. I also have an early 22 purchased in August 22 though. I don’t have the front passenger wheel brace in mine!
Sponsored

Last edited: