Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
1. Something about the under carriage was change in MY21 that affected body skid plate changes

2. In essence, every year, the price goes up, and the vehicle purchases are receiving less and less
1. I had wondered about that very matter. I just completed a prolonged return/refund process for a skid plate that simply could not be made to fit on my '21, despite almost equally prolonged consultation with the related videos, parts schematic and recurring PMs.

2. Configuring a 2023 JLU that is identical to my modest 2021 build brings with it a $4K(!) increase. I don't blame anyone who calls out any vehicle manufacturer for price fatigue, least of all Stellantis.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I really think the 23’s were a step back in several ways. Jeep is cutting corners to save but are increasing the price.

So far, Iv learned that changes for My23 include, losing footwell lighting adjustment knob, 10 bolt beadlock cosmetic ring, orange speedo accents instead of red with lower redline.

Mid year MY22 received an added brace behind the front passenger wheel

At some point, engine beauty covers were removed

At some point the carriage bolt for the steering stabilizer was changed

Something about the under carriage was change in MY21 that affected body skid plate changes

Pretty much all of the above were not advertised at all and were only discovered by consumers.

In essence, every year, the price goes up, and the vehicle purchases are receiving less and less
I feel you, welcome to life these days! I'm sick of spending my money at places with worse service, worse product, and receiving less product. On top of that, everyone wants a freaking tip for everything. I'm about to stop tipping altogether.

Sounds like I lucked out getting an early '22 Jeep. I'm going to use that as a selling point when I at some point get rid of it.

Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I guess I wanted to express my frustration. I paid for one thing and got another. That is not right. Jeep should address this and customer satisfaction should be #1!
Agreed but like the other guy said, they don't care until there are enough unhappy customers to affect their bottom line. Right now, it seems like they can't keep up with the demand. As soon as there are more unsold Jeeps than people who want one, they can do whatever they want unfortunately.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Come on guys, let's be honest here. Most of you would be pissed if this happened to you. It didn't happen to you so let's stir the pot.
To be honest I wouldn't have noticed unless I went to take them off.

But My Jeep seriously did come with Goodyears instead of Bridgestones, and I've noticed a Willys at my dealer that had KM2s instead of Firestones...

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
To be honest I wouldn't have noticed unless I went to take them off.

But My Jeep seriously did come with Goodyears instead of Bridgestones, and I've noticed a Willys at my dealer that had KM2s instead of Firestones...
It completely changes the look for the worse IMO. I guess the constant "attention to detail" from the military is not helping my cause.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Man - you wont get much sympathy from this bunch. Ask me how I know...
This isn't a Prius site, though we do have a small section similar (4xe :devil: ) you won't get coddled here. You will however get a plethora of knowledge dropped on you from some very seasoned Wrangler owners with varying backgrounds. You could also be hand held through some tough installs, some are even willing to meet you and help in person. It's a tradeoff. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Just go off-roading and get some mud on those wheels and then you won’t be able to tell how many bolts there are. Problem solved 😉
Don’t suggest that right off the bat. He might get death wobble from out of balance wheels and then really get pissed at the dealer!

yes, I would have been upset if I didn’t get the full-on bolt rings but then again, I’d just throw more money at it just to avoid confrontation on something I know I’d lose. If mine didn’t have the full bolts, it would have been put on the “we owe” you document before I signed in finance. If that didn’t work because let’s face it, we all want to take our custom ordered Jeeps home right there and then then my wife would endure my OCD on getting the proper parts on my dime.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
This isn't a Prius site, though we do have a small section similar (4xe :devil: ) you won't get coddled here. You will however get a plethora of knowledge dropped on you from some very seasoned Wrangler owners with varying backgrounds. You could also be hand held through some tough installs, some are even willing to meet you and help in person. It's a tradeoff. 🤷‍♂️
Not looking to get coddled. I have thick skin from the military.
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 1670361937361

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Alright so I went to the build and price site and selected the beadlock wheels and it looks like its a 25 bolt pattern BUT when you look at the MOPAR beadlock its a 24 bolt pattern.

Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 1670361937361
Interesting find! Am I the only one that counted the bolt holes here to make sure Valpo wasn't trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
OP, WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT LOOK UP LOCKER SENSOR ISSUES ON RUBICONS BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY(even though you should because you have a Rubicon)

...But if you do it will make the beauty ring issue on your XR look like not a big deal lol

Nice Jeep though :jk:
Sponsored