Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
What do you mean by this? Are you implying that tire shops have to remove the beauty rings whenever they do a tire rotation or swap tires?
No. They don't have to remove them in those instances. But it seems like there are many stories about times when they DO need to be removed (such as paint touch ups) shops either strip the heads trying to get them out or over-torque them putting them back on. When I removed the beauty rings on my Bronco I made sure to reinstall with anti-seize, hoping that will make it easier in the future. Something about steel bolt on aluminum wheel? I don't know enough about metal reactions, i'm sure someone else here can elaborate.
Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
To add tho... what would upset me about the instance is not that there are less bolts, but that what was advertised was 25 bolts, and what I got was 10. I think there is a legitimate gripe there, TBH.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
No. They don't have to remove them in those instances. But it seems like there are many stories about times when they DO need to be removed (such as paint touch ups) shops either strip the heads trying to get them out or over-torque them putting them back on. When I removed the beauty rings on my Bronco I made sure to reinstall with anti-seize, hoping that will make it easier in the future. Something about steel bolt on aluminum wheel? I don't know enough about metal reactions, i'm sure someone else here can elaborate.
That is called galvanic corrosion when two dissimilar metals contact each other the least noble metal will corrode first. And yes, I am aware of the hinge and battery issue.

Sponsored

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
First and foremost, I get the being frustrated with expecting one thing and getting another. But, seriously dude, you're alive and able to afford a (presumably) $70,000 vehicle brand new from the factory, and you create an account just to complain about some bolts? You have to understand how crazy entitled and petty this sounds...

From where Jeep is sitting, I think this is going to be their answer to any complaint like this:
" Pricing and product content may vary significantly between website and dealer as a result of supply chain constraints." (At the bottom of their vehicle builder site.)

For what it's worth, there are dozens of people that would jump at the chance to buy those XR wheels from you. Go shop some extended Black Friday sales for some wheels you like, have a local shop pop your tires onto the new wheels, sell your XR wheels, and make the majority if not all of your money back. It's a process, but if something bothers you this much, there's plenty you can do about it.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
To add tho... what would upset me about the instance is not that there are less bolts, but that what was advertised was 25 bolts, and what I got was 10. I think there is a legitimate gripe there, TBH.
Thank you.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
First and foremost, I get the being frustrated with expecting one thing and getting another. But, seriously dude, you're alive and able to afford a (presumably) $70,000 vehicle brand new from the factory, and you create an account just to complain about some bolts? You have to understand how crazy entitled and petty this sounds...

From where Jeep is sitting, I think this is going to be their answer to any complaint like this:
" Pricing and product content may vary significantly between website and dealer as a result of supply chain constraints." (At the bottom of their vehicle builder site.)

For what it's worth, there are dozens of people that would jump at the chance to buy those XR wheels from you. Go shop some extended Black Friday sales for some wheels you like, have a local shop pop your tires onto the new wheels, sell your XR wheels, and make the majority if not all of your money back. It's a process, but if something bothers you this much, there's plenty you can do about it.
It's crazy entitled and petty to expect that? Ok. So you've never complained about a purchase or a service, ever? Hypocrite much?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Is it really advertised as a 25 bolt ring, or is it just last year's part still shown on the website?

Jeep probably looks at minor things like that the same way they look at how they ship some Saharas with Bridgestone ATs and some with Goodyear ATs.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
"Pricing and product content may vary significantly between website and dealer as a result of supply chain constraints. Pricing shown is nonbinding and does not constitute an offer. Contact your dealer for updated vehicle pricing and product availability."

Then the dealer will shrug and say "nothing we can do"
This!! ☝

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your Jeep.

We just had a FEDEX driver kidnap a 7-year-old girl and kill her. People are just going to shit.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Is it really advertised as a 25 bolt ring, or is it just last year's part still shown on the website?

Jeep probably looks at minor things like that the same way they look at how they ship some Saharas with Bridgestone ATs and some with Goodyear ATs.
I guess it depends if it actually spells out how many bolts there are. If it says "10 bolt beauty ring" somewhere, but shows the wrong pic, I can see the fault being pointed at the consumer. If it doesn't mention it anywhere and the only thing the consumer has to go off of is the image... ya that's Jeep's bad, IMO. It doesn't mean they'll do anything to fix the situation, and I doubt Jeep cares enough to update the image.... doesn't make it right though.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon

You actually made a great point, a $70,000 vehicle (presumably) should be as expected and not something else. OMG I can't believe he's complaining about $1.35 bolts. And no I didn't just set up an account to complain, I joined in September around the same time I ordered the Jeep. I joined to learn and contribute.

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
I ordered a 2023 and it came with an engine cover 🤷‍♂️
Lol, my 2.0L Turbo did too. Must just be a hit and miss kind of thing.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I feel your pain - I spent many hours trying to figure out select tire fill alert on my '21 Rubicon only to learn it disappeared mid year....
Sponsored