Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Heck we had a bronco raptor in six months in
They will send right ones to your dealer .Been done already
Well, arent you the lucky one! Others waited 3 years for theirs.
Sponsored

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
I get that- off the factory floor, the XR wheels are not beadlocks, but they are billed as beadlock capable with a different ring. My point is that If the wheel isn't truly "beadlock capable" because it only has 10 bolt holes in the wheel, you really didn't get what you paid for, if Jeep is still advertisting the XR wheels as "beadlock capable". Much more so than a mere cosmetic change.
They are still 25 bolt wheels with 10 bolt trim ring. Remove your trim ring to verify. Then order some new rings (may be on back order). If you took delivery, then this is your best path forward.

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
Who wants to tell him about the engine cover?
Jeep dropped the engine cover to highlight a nice clean engine bay compared to the snake pit under the Bronco hood. You do not need or want an engine cover of cheap plastic when you have a nicely presented engine. I believe that this also improves engine cooling.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
They are still 25 bolt wheels with 10 bolt trim ring. Remove your trim ring to verify. Then order some new rings (may be on back order). If you took delivery, then this is your best path forward.
Why should you have to payout of your pocket for them.Let company eat it.And let them give you right ones

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Well, arent you the lucky one! Others waited 3 years for theirs.
I couldnā€™t imagine waiting that long.Raptor bronco was nice.But flipped it quick and payed for my hell durango .Something how stupid people are to pay up for something new and rare

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
All I can say is that regardless of issues, which I fully acknowledge and deal with, I absolutely love every jeep Iā€™ve owned. The below is our Grand Cherokee L Limited I got as a mom car so the wifey could enjoy her wranglers for more fun, I just sold that Grand Cherokee L after 8 months because it sat. Regardless that the fit and finish was way better than the wrangler, regardless that it was extremely comfy and wonderful on road trips and fit the baby and the groceries etc, everyday it sat after the first month of use because when you sit in the wrangler and leave the driveway it puts a smile on our faces. So my truck stayed and now she dailyā€™s the Rubi and the gran Cherokee L got the boot. Youā€™re either a wrangler person or not. Every time my wife drives the wrangler or it rains and we go off-roading to take advantage of the weather, we go man nothings like a wrangler. Regardless of issues, the lifestyle it promotes if you embrace it, and the positivity and fun and health and opportunity a wrangler brings outweighs and first world issues that I donā€™t feel have an impact on my mental health or happiness. These threads do absolutely nothing but turn off potential lurkers from possibly making the best decision of their lives. I eat better, hike more, appreciate nature more, camp more, meet more people, take my huskies out more, and make my son laugh more when Iā€™m in a wrangler. So I love every damn 60+ k of it. Wrangler is a part of our family. And we donā€™t kick out family for flaws.
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 407B250D-731E-4CBB-99E8-E2496D4A1A38
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) BB8380BC-1F54-41C7-B301-439447C19AD3

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I can almost guarantee you this was done because tire shops and dealers were having trouble with the bolts on the beauty rings when changing tires. 100 bolts is a lot.

And yes, you can technically change the tire without removing the ring, but the risk of damage to the wheel increases substantially.

Therefore, this is most likely a ā€running design changeā€ and not just Jeep being cheap. Theyā€™re selling a LOT of XR package Wranglers. The 25-bolt design used to be a niche deal for people who upgraded their wheels. Now, theyā€™re all over the place.

The Bronco Sasquatch wheel uses a 12-bolt design that is similar to the Jeep revision. Ease of use is almost certainly why.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Actually yes, Jeep Cares helped push my rig through service a bit quicker when I had the water pump issue and reimbursed me for a rental because no loaners were available. They offered, I didn't have to ask.
That's fantastic! I'd love to hear more success stories like this one, as the vast majority of the online stories describe what Mohammad Ali described as the "rope-a-dope" technique (where Jeep is the guy with the guard up as the opponent [customer] windmills away until complete exhaustion).

Sponsored

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
My 23 has been at a body shop for over a month getting factory paint defects repairedā€¦. 40% of my ownership experience so far has been paying for a Jeep that I cant drive

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
This is my first time buying a Jeep and I want to express my disappointment. I ordered a 2023 Jeep Rubicon Xtreme Recon and expected to receive the advertised wheels (25 bolts) instead I received wheels with 10 bolts. I feel that JEEP misrepresented their product. Also, there was no communication that this was a change for 2023. I contacted my dealer and expressed my frustration, and they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do. Every time you pull up a picture of the Jeep Xtreme Recon it has pictures of the wheels with the 25 bolts. If you build the 2023 on your website, it still shows the simulated beadlock with the 25 bolts. I wish to receive the appropriate wheel. That's what I paid for.

IMG_3779.jpg
This is why I am so glad I canceled my 2023 392 order and found a 392 2022/ first half of the year version without that stupid frame change edition at the passenger side frame and I ended up getting the same deal and an even better trade in amount for my current vehicle. I did get lucky finding the identical 2022 version that I ordered for 2023 and I even got a bonus, the sky touch roof.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Wouldnā€™t have had this problem if you just ordered a two door instead. šŸ˜‰šŸ‘
Or a 3.6. Our ā€˜23 has the 25 bolts. Just another reason I would never buy a four-cylinder. 22 pages here and no one has asked if it is just a 2.0 thing. We know the 392 has fewer bolts and so in my mind Itā€™s prob just a 2.0 thing. Anyone here with a 2023 3.6 and 10 bolts? Or better yet anyone here with a 2.0 with 25?
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 981C0EA7-B9F6-4042-A29E-707302B38985

Last edited: