Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
If you gave MC the right year and engine information you will be fine. Sometime in 2021 Jeep changed the engine mounts. I found out the hard way with the first MC skid plate sold to for a 2021. You can search and see the thread someplace. For whatever reason one side used the mount from a Gladiator, making it a real PITA to mount and required a different bracket. I also found out the hard way that the eTorque skid rubbed as well. That has been addressed from MC.

MC has great customer service and will certainly help if you have any problems. However, I was just told today that they will not help anyone that has 10 bolt vanity rings. Please take note of that.
Well Shit I better get that discrepancy fixed ASAP.
Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

djxizodu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door
I just feel like I need to post after reading all that.

personally I’m more pissed that a stupid sensor error makes my start stop not work, and in just an extra “f-u” to Jeep owners they made it so my cruise control doesn’t work then.

CANBUS systems are garbage. My power windows don’t need to know if the headlights are on or if I’m listening to am or fm radio.

Sponsored

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
You could have refused delivery? Accepting it as is and then demanding they fix something that isn't broken is probably not going to work. You could have forced the dealer to give you a due bill for the 25 bolt rings BEFORE you signed, but unfortunately now you are facing a losing battle.
This, you signed for it, it's your's.

FloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Rubicon 392, ‘20 Gladiator
Well, when the first guy here that received these wheel posted a picture of them, I found them hideous. But I must admit they are growing on me.

with this said, the 25 bolt holes are there underneath , you just have to swap the ring with the 25 holes. At least that’s what was reported a few times.
MY 392XR came with the new style, not sure what the problem is. It’s actually a little easier to clean, but other than that I could care less. Threads like this really amuse me.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
I guess I wanted to express my frustration. I paid for one thing and got another. That is not right. Jeep should address this and customer satisfaction should be #1!
Same here. But at the end of the day, it’s only a trim ring.I love my Reign Jeep. I may change the wheels one day, but the rest of the Jeep is great!

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
This is my first time buying a Jeep and I want to express my disappointment. I ordered a 2023 Jeep Rubicon Xtreme Recon and expected to receive the advertised wheels (25 bolts) instead I received wheels with 10 bolts. I feel that JEEP misrepresented their product. Also, there was no communication that this was a change for 2023. I contacted my dealer and expressed my frustration, and they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do. Every time you pull up a picture of the Jeep Xtreme Recon it has pictures of the wheels with the 25 bolts. If you build the 2023 on your website, it still shows the simulated beadlock with the 25 bolts. I wish to receive the appropriate wheel. That's what I paid for.

IMG_3779.jpg
This is why everyone hates Jeep owners :clap:

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it's a stretch at all to expect the 25 bolt ring. Also, the 10 bolt totally changes the look and it looks like shit in my opinion.
All to save 20 bucks.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a big thing to me, I custom ordered a vehicle with the expectation that it would be as represented on their website and on other 3rd party sites reviewing the "Xtreme Recon Package" It being "very small" in your eyes is YOUR opinion and is not irrelevant in mine. Imagine the disappointment when you get your first JEEP and it wasn't as advertised. It doesn't matter how small or large the discrepancy is.
Perhaps your Jeep is permanently tarnished. You should sell it or trade for another one.