Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
I honestly think they switched to the 10 bolt ring because of the likelihood of stripping them. I think a LOT of tire and wheel shops, even dealerships, were stripping the threads, on both bolts and wheels, when taking them off and putting them back on. Dropping the bolt count should decrease those instances significantly. The new Broncos have the same issue with their bead lock capable wheels.

Yes i like the look of 25 bolts better, but I also admit that the number of bolts is largely irrelevant for the beauty ring from a functionality standpoint. What's important is it still has the bead lock capability in the end.
My local tire shop stripped the bolts and took the paint off and bitched because of how many bolts they had to undo. I actually dislike these damn beauty rings, airing up and down is a pain in the arse because the valve stem is recessed behind it. I'm going to get new wheels after christmas to replace them. The rings are trashed all round because of the tire shop (well known tire shop).
Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
What do you mean by this? Are you implying that tire shops have to remove the beauty rings whenever they do a tire rotation or swap tires?
Mine did.... i can show you the stripped bolts around all 5 rings and the chipped paint.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Discount had to remove mine as well to swap tires. I was surprised they didnā€™t even have the appropriate torx in their toolbox. They used the included tool kit from my Jeep and got the tires mounted and rings reinstalled without a scratch.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thanks for the heads-up on discount tire. I will remove the rings myself before letting them do any tire repair. Them or the dealer. Somebody has to be held accountable. Dirty bastards!

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Well, when the first guy here that received these wheel posted a picture of them, I found them hideous. But I must admit they are growing on me.

with this said, the 25 bolt holes are there underneath , you just have to swap the ring with the 25 holes. At least thatā€™s what was reported a few times.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I brought the correct bit and ratchet with me when I had my tires swapped. I took care of the 25 screws per ring and torqued each using a calibrated torque wrench too. Real PITA, but they look cool.

No way I am going to trust someone else with those screws, way too easy to strip out a hole or break a screw off in there.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
My local tire shop stripped the bolts and took the paint off and bitched because of how many bolts they had to undo. I actually dislike these damn beauty rings, airing up and down is a pain in the arse because the valve stem is recessed behind it. I'm going to get new wheels after christmas to replace them. The rings are trashed all round because of the tire shop (well known tire shop).
Same thing happened to me at Firestone. They stripped 25 of the bolts and gashed my wheels, didn't properly balance the tires, and failed to reinstall the back up camera cover. Resulted in close to $800 in damage. I took it to corporate. You should be reimbursed if they damaged your vehicle.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
I sent a request to connect with Christian Meunier (Jeep's current CEO) on LinkedIn. He accepted my request; I also sent him a message on LinkedIn and emailed his work email ([email protected] & [email protected]) We'll see if he answers. For those saying that all I'm doing is complaining and not taking action.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
wahmbulance.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
No idea what ā€œat costā€ would end up costing out of pocket, but a set of 4755635AA at the popular discount Mopar sites go for $1300+. Tough pill to swallow for something you thought you already paid for.

Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) wahmbulance
You actually bring up a really interesting point. Why doesn't the wheel have the hideous 10 bolt ring? They certainly don't sell that yet.

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Can anyone tell me how the power is on the xr with a 3.6 up a hill @ altitude? NOTHING WILL EVER REPLACE BUYING OFF THE LOT! CYBER BUYERS CAN SCRATCH THEIR ASS

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

So
What skid plate did you order and return? I have the Mc skids sitting in my garage unopened waiting for other parts

I 100% agree! Iv pretty much stopped tipping in most places that I donā€™t receive exceptional service. I also have an early 22 purchased in August 22 though. I donā€™t have the front passenger wheel brace in mine!
What is this front passenger wheel brace thing? I tried to google it.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

What skid plate did you order and return? I have the Mc skids sitting in my garage unopened waiting for other parts
If you gave MC the right year and engine information you will be fine. Sometime in 2021 Jeep changed the engine mounts. I found out the hard way with the first MC skid plate sold to for a 2021. You can search and see the thread someplace. For whatever reason one side used the mount from a Gladiator, making it a real PITA to mount and required a different bracket. I also found out the hard way that the eTorque skid rubbed as well. That has been addressed from MC.

MC has great customer service and will certainly help if you have any problems. However, I was just told today that they will not help anyone that has 10 bolt vanity rings. Please take note of that.