Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I haven't installed the plaque. Its sitting with the rest of the maybe someday parts I have accumulated over the years.:like:
Just frame it and hang it on the wall ! 😁

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I could not agree more! Either put a case together and lawyer up or just buy wheels.

You won't get another wheel or compensated. Either live to deal with it, buy new wheels, or sell the jeep.

Problem solved!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Does anyone have a picture of these XR wheels without the “beauty” ring? Can you run the wheels without the ring altogether, or does it not look right? 🤷‍♂️

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
OP, WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT LOOK UP LOCKER SENSOR ISSUES ON RUBICONS BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY(even though you should because you have a Rubicon)

...But if you do it will make the beauty ring issue on your XR look like not a big deal lol

Nice Jeep though :jk:
@Maxvdub62 I hope you saw this. This was a half joke but more of a 1/4 joke because you WILL need to look into potting your locker sensors since you have a Rubicon. The sooner you do it, the better https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...or-potting-dana-44.59581/page-43#post-2175299

Happy wheeling!

Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Get used to being dissapointed by @Jeep their customer service is horrible across the board and you have another think coming if you think they will make anthing right for you now that you're stuck with it.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I understand your frustration.

I think the 10 bolt rings look stupid and I also agree with you that they should have let you know about the change. But the wheels underneath are the same wheels. So although it's a ridiculous expense, you can probably still buy the 25 bolt trim rings.

Maybe ask the dealer to sell you the trim rings at cost?
No idea what “at cost” would end up costing out of pocket, but a set of 4755635AA at the popular discount Mopar sites go for $1300+. Tough pill to swallow for something you thought you already paid for.

Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) CDC1B818-4EBF-45FA-91A1-21DA9E7E791F

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
For this reason alone, Jeep should have never switched trim ring design...

Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 1670370887162

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I guess I wanted to express my frustration. I paid for one thing and got another. That is not right. Jeep should address this and customer satisfaction should be #1!
Oh, you must be new to Jeep. Revenue and profit are #1 as with every car manufacturer these days. I think the customer is absolutely last at Jeep. They basically sell a one of a kind product that tons of people want with the Wrangler.

Sponsored

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
This is why companies get away with things like this. It's too hard to fight a giant corporation so I'm just going to deal with it. Such a bullshit answer.
Just curious. What did you want us to do about it? It's almost like you blame the community. IMHO, you didn't have to buy it, so why whine?

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
That’s why I passed on my 23xr and keep 22.And changed brackets on fenders too.And stupid anti roll bracket.And dimmer .They are charging more and giving less these days